#1 oneshot

oneshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHANTS COUNTY

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Not really anything new but what if any progress has been made in regards to the implementation of a Crossbow season in line with bow season or a Crossbow Season by itself ? I find that posts in regards to a early Seaon for x-bows usually doen't come up until a month or two before deer season ( key word usually ) . I believe it to be at least two and maybe three years and possibly more that discussion / forums have been put forth to I don't know who all in order to get things ironed out in regards to in particular seasons for the X-bow and to what end as of this date ? What proress actual on paper progress has been made in regards to Crossbow Seasxon ? Lets get whoever must make all these grand decisions in the sceme of things to get on with it. You may come back and say join our assocation my reply is why should I what benifit will joining your assocations do for me. I have spent money taking the x-bow course ( and actually had to attend a weekend course ) not the on line one ,but to what avail . Reson for taking same was to have the possibility of getting a few more days in the woods hunting every fall with the thought of a earlier hunting opportunities with a x-bow. Well I am not aware of any freat changes that have come about over the past few years and I know that I will hear a reply that will be along the lines of evrything takes time , I agree evrything does take time but just how much time and how many hands must things pass through in order to have changes to a simple hunting regulation get into effect or pass into law. All the politics of something that seems to me so simple never ceases to amaze me . No wonder it takes forever when all Canadains are involved in making change to a law if it takes this long or is this problematic in making what again seems to me a simple hunting season law. These are my thoughts for you to read or not as you wish and you are all welcome to comment as you deem appropriate.

#2 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

You may come back and say join our assocation my reply is why should I what benifit will joining your assocations do for me.

I'd ask you....

Which do you think a politician would put a bit more weight into an assoc with say 10 members wanting change or 1000 members wanting change?
Who do you think is asking for change to the rules and regs?

#3 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

joining this or any association is the best way to get things changed.....while more opportunities are wanted....I think the crossbow association has done a lot for crossbow users....u can now hunt deer, bear, small game, etc.....just a few short years ago that was not possible in NS. I Think the association is active, growing, and a great asset to our hunting community....but, having said that...and cuz you asked....I find I always meet great, like minded folks when I join an association....for me, I always come away with waaaaay more than my 20 bucks gives to them....
every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#4 50 cal

50 cal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Locationwoods

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Great posts Kpr and Bea as to why we need to be involved with associations
There is no truer answer than what you said in your posts

#5 Trapper Gary

Trapper Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4336 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

joining this or any association is the best way to get things changed.....while more opportunities are wanted....I think the crossbow association has done a lot for crossbow users....u can now hunt deer, bear, small game, etc.....just a few short years ago that was not possible in NS. I Think the association is active, growing, and a great asset to our hunting community....but, having said that...and cuz you asked....I find I always meet great, like minded folks when I join an association....for me, I always come away with waaaaay more than my 20 bucks gives to them....

To add to that as well, trappers can now use a cross bow for dispatch.

Crossbow association has did a great job at education for sure.
When non members do web searches on subjects, some times your opion posted on this site gets noticed, and can give another perspective !

#6 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

"...I think the crossbow association has done a lot for crossbow users....u can now hunt deer, bear, small game, etc.....just a few short years ago that was not possible in NS."
No offense intended here, bea, but your post would seem to imply that these opportunities came about as a result of the efforts of the NSACH. I do believe the provincial government made these available prior to the association being formed. I agree, a great proactive group for promoting crossbow awareness. As far as increased crossbow hunting opportunities to credit them for, don't believe anything concrete has happened as a result of their efforts...Yet...

#7 oneshot

oneshot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHANTS COUNTY

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think what really bothers me is that Nova Scotia seems to be so far behind in many things / regulations / changes in regards to many questions / suggestions that I believe would not only enhance hunting opportunitities for many by changing dates to or extending seasons , or by possibly including Sunday as a day for hunting , may be also dropping the age requirement to a earlier age for Big Game Hunting , which I think would possibly keep younger generations interested enough to pursue Hunting as a lifelong passion and not have them become so fed up with the long waitng processes that seem to occur, that they often say not for me. I do agree that NSACH has accomplished a lot for the Crossbow community but there are many more than a 1000 who have asked for / petitioned for changes to Regulations and to what avail for many said changes that have been already asked for by not just one group or association but the hunting community as a hole . I do realize that Politicians have plenty on there plates far more important than our Hunting Communities ,but I also do not see why at least a part of their plate cannot or does not get filled with an agenda to have some questions ./ regulations ironed out . The Hunting population of Nova Scotia I am sure provides a pretty good source of revenue for our Province and any change that could be made to make or improve things I my mind would only make our hunting experiences and those of generations to come much more favourable. I do not intend to point at any fingers at any particular organization , but I would like to see some results answers to questions / regulations before I am to old to enjoy any changes that may or may not be coming down the pipeline.

#8 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

You are not alone oneshot and people are working on it and have been now for a while.
You think you're frustrated?.... :lol: :lol:
The annual AGM is coming up real soon.......CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users