#21 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2514 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:03 PM

LOL - memories of the back in the day hooligan stuff come to mind. definitely different times back then. 

Never legally hunted them, only went after them when we were kids - "borrowed" rowboat, with alder stick taped on to a dip net and break action 177 for bullfrogs - dusk was a good time cause theyd start booming as it got dark. roasted legs over a fire once on shore. 

Those break action 177's got a workout around Christmas break - squirrels & tweetie birds lookout, the bean cans (can of beans & bread over fire for lunch) would take a pounding too. Finger & thumb would be grey from loading those pellets. LOL.

#22 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9280 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:14 PM

YUP..heard they were indeed deadly on crows and pigeons  wink.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#23 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9280 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:16 PM

annnd what a SOB to get out of Dad's good horse hair dart board  ph34r.png ph34r.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#24 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:26 PM

LOL. You guys must of grown up in rich families! I had to make my own bow and arrows at first. Dad had a daisy B.B. gun but it would’nt kill anything heck we could catch the bb’s! But when I was 7or 8 I got a kids fibreglass bow as a gift and store bought arrows! The old squirrel population took a beating after that!!! But I grew up in the Kearney lake area. So what is now Bayers lake, Clayton pk west, Dunbrack St,Larry Utec, Parkland dr Cresthaven estates along with Hemlock Ravine and what’s now Blue Mountain Birch Cove Lakes wilderness area and Kingswood subdivision was all woods. Hunting squirrels and birds quickly turned into grouse and rabbits and other eatable things. Wow some real good hunting and fishing areas gone now.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ±πŸ¦ŒπŸ€ 

#25 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

Me too Ed...never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine  !!!!   B)

Yes And he had some very fine wine

Not like that old hermits wine I grew up on!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ±πŸ¦ŒπŸ€ 

#26 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hey joyrider- thanks for rejuvenating this old thread! Jogged the old memory and lots of β€œ positive β€œ replies

#27 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:10 AM

Hey joyrider- thanks for rejuvenating this old thread! Jogged the old memory and lots of β€œ positive β€œ replies

Agreed!   Fun topic!  Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bullfrogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users