House Buying Fees & Hrm Foreclosure Fees? - Other - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

House Buying Fees & Hrm Foreclosure Fees?

In Dartmouth/Halifax

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sidney

Sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I am posting this for a friend:

Besides the purchasing price of the house, down payment, property tax, CMHC insurace fee (home owner's insurance)- unless 20% or more of down payment is used. What other fees are involved?. I have researched as much as I could and have come up with the below info for Dartmouth/Halifax area. Would like everyones input as to if the fees/rates are accurate? and what other fees are involved?. Who do you recommend for house pre-purchasing inspector? and lawyers?.

I was told that in Cole Harbour Place that once in a while they hold house forclosure sales, anyone have info on it? or where they are held? and how much houses sell for?. Here is the info I have researched for and need everyone's input:

Home insurance (default insurance via CMHC or Genworth)-?
Appraisal-unless a private sale, 35% downpayment or more, or purchasing home 80% or less of market assesment value. Sometimes banks will pay for appraisals-true ?
Appraisals- not needed by CMHC (home insurance)if MLS listed-true? if not how much?

Land/Deed Transfer tax- 1.5% of purchase price
Lawyer fees -$700+ (+disbursements i.e. registering your mortgage- $83.51, deed/tittle-$83.51, etc)
Title insurance-$100-$300
Surveyors Certificate- $350.00

Updated Location Certificate- If the one the current owners have doesn't show all the buildings on your property and the neighbors, then it is useless. Also it's good to know if there are any right of ways or easements on your property right where you plan to build your dream garage=true?, if so how much?

Statement of Adjustments
Inspection- $400
Remaining oil in furnace tank- Depends
Water and sewer fees (if any)-?
Water test-well water-$25
Property tax in April and September

NSPI-$24 reconnecting power

Thank you

#2 Old Hunter

Old Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Every area and lawyer is different but 1 thing for sure there going to try and get every penney they can from you . Been there and done that like they say .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users