#1 Huntwisely

Huntwisely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • LocationShubenacadie

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:48 AM

Northumberland Strait Shooters Archery Club will be hosting the BANS Bang-up on July 24th and 25th
Two rounds each day of 15 targets.
8:15 to 9am registration

$25.00 for BANS members and $5.00 extra for non-members. Lunches will be available both days for
$5 to $6.

Northumberland Strait Shooters Archery Club Shoot site is at 8970 Sherbrooke Rd., Thorburn, NS, about 12K from exit 23 (New Glasgow exit) Stay on TC and take exit 26. We will have open field camping for a few trailers and tents with no hook ups, although Cranberry Campground is just 22.4K(25 minutes) away, with full hook ups:
Also campgrounds at 6Mile Brook (Brookside Park) 36.8K
Birchwood Campground Lyons Brook 30.4K
Caribou Provincial Park, 37K
Harbour Light Trailer Court 33K
Hotels and restaurants at exits 23, 24 and 25 New Glasgow.
Crossroads Country Market is only 2k before Shoot Site and serves Breakfast.

#2 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

RATS !!! <_<
I'm not gonna get there this year!! :(

Matt wants to play in the Family Classic golf tournament...which just happens to be in New Glasgow on the same days... :o

Maybe I'll be able to pop on by later in the afternoon as we should be in the first flight of golfers...

Bob

Your True 'Ethics'...are what you do when you think no one sees you.

#3 noluck

noluck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPetite Riviere

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Once again, I can't make it! Oh well maybe next year the whole family can make it.
Listen, think and then act.

#4 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Too bad Bob, I would have liked to meet you.

All the targets have arrived for the shoot and thankfully some very generous folks donated some nice targets too {rineharts too :) }. The last truck load was delivered on Monday. The course is going to be awesome, or at least that is what everyone is saying that has seen terrain (they can all thank our grandfather for giving us such a beautiful piece of property).

They have some great prizes and draws too, I hear 2 rineharts are going to be going home with some lucky winners...

On a side note;
Since the BANG-UP will be the first official club shoot, the guys are going to do a fun shoot this weekend (Sunday morning, July 11) just to get some experience under their belt and to make the bang-up run more smooth. Obviously the lanes this weekend will be different than the bang-up lanes.

#5 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

They have some great prizes and draws too, I hear 2 rineharts are going to be going home with some lucky winners...

Are ya's gonna do that as a raffle, or door prizes, or shooting prizes, Mecheng?
I hope to pop over about mid-afternoon...How much money should I bring?!? :huh: ( :lol: :lol: )

Bob

#6 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

I don't have all the details but I believe one target is a door prize and the other is a raffle. I never heard what the cost are yet but I would imagine that $30 would get a fellow a chance at the loot. Well unless you are like me and plan to throw at least $30 at raffle tickets :D I would love to have a 3-d target for the backyard.

#7 noluck

noluck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPetite Riviere

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Any word on how the day went yet? Man one of these years I will make it.
Listen, think and then act.

#8 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

Any word on how the day went yet? Man one of these years I will make it.

I had to withdraw from the golf tournament I was scheduled to play (pinched nerve in my neck), s-o-o-o-o-o-o...

Day 1 went GREAT in my opinion!! :D
A big THANK YOU to the Northumberland Shooters for sponsoring the shoot...and man-o-man :o ...ya gotta see the course these guys and gals have !! :) There was nothing...nada...nuttin'... said about the course that didn't have the highest of praise.
It was my first time through a 3D course, and apparently I picked a good one to see.
That 3D shooting could become addictive...real quick !! :lol:

Today is Day 2 of the shoot, and I won't be shooting, but...Good Luck to all the shooters. B)

Bob

#9 Sir William

Sir William

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationWestville, Pictou County

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

The shoot went over great. The weather held off and everyone seem to had a great time. I did not do shoot my best but I was there to have good time anyway. My son once out shot me a <_< gain and he rubbed that one in....

#10 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

Bob, sorry I missed you, but I did get to meet John which was a pleasure (next time I go down in the woods I need to go count the trees, I think John was eyeing up a couple for his next long bow :) ) . You had a good score going too.

The course was excellent and lots of compliments were received. I never seen so many people smiling and laughing over smashing arrows before but it was quite a sight. No one felt bad about missing shots because everyone was doing it, plus everyone recognized that those dips, hills, hollows, and brooks made for an extremely challenging day when estimating yardage.

It was great to have a number of folks staying also, we had some great campfire conversations. Hopefully next time a few more will come.

#11 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Bob, sorry I missed you, but I did get to meet John which was a pleasure (next time I go down in the woods I need to go count the trees, I think John was eyeing up a couple for his next long bow :) ) . You had a good score going too.

Believe it or not, I can be shy !! :unsure: :rolleyes: :lol:

For my first time ever on a 3D course, I figured that 265 was pretty good...it sure helps when ya have six 10X's!!...and NO misses !! B)
I was mulling about the house all day Sunday, wishing I had stayed up for the day's shoot.

Thank y'all for the day... :)

Bob

#12 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

Were you on green stakes or orange stakes? I ended up with the 5th best score of the weekend overall, 3 of the scores ahead of me were shooting green stakes. I'm very happy with 2nd on the orange, probably the best shooting I ever did.

#13 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

I shot the green stakes...didn't want to push my luck too much !! :blink: :lol:
But I looked awful hard at the ram target in the afternoon when the orange was back by the bridge...I figured 43 yards...then decided...Nah...I'm a rookie !! :lol: :D

Fifth overall?...Second for the orange? :o
Wow!! :o Good shooting !! B)

Bob B)

#14 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

I shot the green stakes...didn't want to push my luck too much !! :blink: :lol:
But I looked awful hard at the ram target in the afternoon when the orange was back by the bridge...I figured 43 yards...then decided...Nah...I'm a rookie !! :lol: :D

Fifth overall?...Second for the orange? :o
Wow!! :o Good shooting !! B)

Bob B)

43... excellent range, it was 43 from the green on the ram side of the bridge and it was 50 from the orange stake on the far side of the brook.
The big thing you missed was the wolf at target 1 and the fish, those targets caught a lot of people by surprise on day 2. The little feeding doe was set at 40 for day 2 also, and the shot was from a ground blind. Many wimped out chose not to shoot from the blind on the second go around.
I was a rookie too, this is my first year going to shoots and my fifth actual shoot. The weekend before I shot with some older guys who have decades experience, I learned a ton from just being around them, two of them help correct a small torque I would have about every 4 or 5 targets, they told me what I was doing and how to avoid it. Can't wait to thank them at the next shoot.

#15 Huntwisely

Huntwisely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • LocationShubenacadie

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

It was a fantastic shoot and Northumberland did a fine job - especially since it was the first shoot
they have put on. I'm hoping they go for it next year as well - fairly central and an excellent course !

Congrats to all that shot and the organizers !!!

#16 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

I'll have a chat with Danny (I think the interest is there already), we can make a few small changes to the spot and maybe the old farm house will be gone by next year so we might have more room for campers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users