14 replies to this topic

#1 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone know if the Barrington Shelburne County Gun Show is still on for September 18th 2010?

#2 BOWTECH

BOWTECH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Does anyone know if the Barrington Shelburne County Gun Show is still on for September 18th 2010?

sept 17,18,19 is the outdoorsmen show in Sussex.NB
Well I gave up "SMOKIN" "DRINKIN" & "HUNTIN" last night & it was the worst 15 minutes of my life

#3 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

sept 17,18,19 is the outdoorsmen show in Sussex.NB

Barrington is a long ways from Sussex.... ;)
If you can't convince them,confuse them.

#4 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Barrington is a long ways from Sussex.... ;)

Ain't that the truth. :)

#5 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

Ain't that the truth. :)

Probably just as close to Sussex from Cumberland county as it would be to Barrington.

#6 goferduck

goferduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationOak Park, Barrington

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Yes, the Barrington gun show is on September 18th. It starts at 10:00am & it is at the Barrington Rec Centre on Sherose Island across from the arena,

#7 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Probably just as close to Sussex from Cumberland county as it would be to Barrington.

Think you are right on that,Halftail. :)

#8 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Yes, the Barrington gun show is on September 18th. It starts at 10:00am & it is at the Barrington Rec Centre on Sherose Island across from the arena,

Thanks for the information,goferduck.I plan on attending.Hope they have a good turn out.

#9 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

Remember the good old days of the 80's?When they used to have it in the "old gym"?Guns,scopes and cash was flowin eveerywhere.... :D The old man always had a table or two and I used to hang around and watch him wheel and deal......Lookin forward to this one......

#10 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

Remember the good old days of the 80's?When they used to have it in the "old gym"?Guns,scopes and cash was flowin eveerywhere.... :D The old man always had a table or two and I used to hang around and watch him wheel and deal......Lookin forward to this one......

Yes I do remember those gun shows at the old gym.What a bee hive of activity it was back then.

I remember one show there where an old fellow ,I believe he owned a fish plant,came in with one of his men.He went from table to table looking at the firearms.When he saw one he liked he would say to the seller,"How much do you want for it?" The seller would then state his price.The guy would then say,"What will you take for it?"He would then pull out a large wad of bills peel off the amount ,the firearm and pass it to his man, then continue along.Not sure just how many firearms he purchased but it was a fair amount.He had everyone in the place talking.

#11 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Yes I do remember those gun shows at the old gym.What a bee hive of activity it was back then.

I remember one show there where an old fellow ,I believe he owned a fish plant,came in with one of his men.He went from table to table looking at the firearms.When he saw one he liked he would say to the seller,"How much do you want for it?" The seller would then state his price.The guy would then say,"What will you take for it?"He would then pull out a large wad of bills peel off the amount ,the firearm and pass it to his man, then continue along.Not sure just how many firearms he purchased but it was a fair amount.He had everyone in the place talking.

I remember that.Remember the Door prize used to be a gun Donated by Wilsons.Can you imagine?Giving a gun away as a door prize? :D :rolleyes:
I miss those days!

#12 Lwsice

Lwsice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWoods Harbour,N.S.

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

Yeah those were the "good ole days"!!! They used to have that old gym just packed with stuff!!! Hope I can get to this one!!
.... got my new Savage Axis .243!!!! Love it!!!

#13 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

I remember that.Remember the Door prize used to be a gun Donated by Wilsons.Can you imagine?Giving a gun away as a door prize? :D :rolleyes:
I miss those days!

Yes ,back in those days Wilsons had a great selection of firearms.Not much there now but some shells.Too bad.

#14 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

Yeah those were the "good ole days"!!! They used to have that old gym just packed with stuff!!! Hope I can get to this one!!

Those were great shows.Maybe if enough people get back into to the show and the sellers move some firearms the bigger dealers will show up again.One can only hope.

#15 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Comming west from Halifax on the 103 you take I believe it is Exit 29 to Barrington and the old Number 3 Highway.Follow that Highway about 10 or 15 minutes until you see a sign that says Sherrose Island.Turn left and follow the road to almost the end(less than two minute drive.).Turn left to go to the arena.The show is just across from the arena.

Hope this is of help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users