Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

Capt Kangaroo LOL

I love how that one deer posed so nicely for the camera!
Thanks for posting Pete!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸŒļøā€ā™€ļøšŸŽ±šŸ¦ŒšŸ¤ 

#2362 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:04 AM

This doe is 5.5 years old this year. She had twins last year and from the look of her she may have twins again this spring(hoping). She showed up at the plots as a fawn in the spring of 2015 after that bad winter. The doe she was with was shot by a hunter from another camp that fall. Fortunately the fawn survived the winter at the plots and winter feed station. In 2016 at 1.5 years old she was bred. In the spring of 2017 she had a doe fawn. In 2018 she had a buck fawn. In 2019 she had twins (buck and doe). Her doe fawn of 2017 had a single doe fawn in 2019 as well. This family group (doe with twins and doe with single fawn) spent this winter at the plots/feed station along with 6 bucks. Fortunately the coyote population is down. So, Iā€™m looking forward to 2-4 more fawns this spring. Plus, with an additional two 1.5 year old does (last years fawns) there will now be 4 breeding doe deer this fall which should attract a few more backwoods bucks to the plots ! >Pete

ju5lPtV.jpg

PLUS, REMEMBER THAT NOT A SINGLE CRIMINAL WAS AFFECTED BY THE RECENT GUN CONTROL MEASURES !!

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#2363 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:26 AM

I love the trivia bits about your Eden pete !! Keep up the good work !

Love your sig line too !...truer words my friend...truer words !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#2364 DAKOTA

DAKOTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:26 AM

nicely done Pete, love how you are following this deer during its life cycle. Keep up the good work.  

#2365 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Some great history there Pete.
Nice of you to post all the pics and info you do here, something positive. You bring a lot to the site.
THANKS AND HAVE A SUPER DUPER DAY!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸŒļøā€ā™€ļøšŸŽ±šŸ¦ŒšŸ¤ 

#2366 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

My day at the camp on May 20, 2020. Beauty day, with frost in the am and warm pm. Wow, I saw 3 rabbits right around the Camp. It would be great to have a bunch of rabbits this fall. Checked the cams at all 3 plots.  The deer are spending most of their time in the plot browsing on the new growth. There are bucks at the Camp plot and Inbetween plots. The family group is still together at the East/West plots but my batteries died  so I only have pictures to the 16th.  Fawning is right around the corner. The Camp plot and Inbetween plots are still to wet to take the tractor on. Did some work at the East/West plots, discing, tilling, over seeded last years fall rye beds and rolled in the seed. I have some corn left over from last year, so I got some beds ready to plant some corn along the edge of these plots (probably this week). Hopefully the Camp plot will dry out somewhat with the sun over the next few days. I want to cut it early to expose the new clover I over seeded late last year to the sun. >Pete

I3BO7yv.jpg
RYDB4Y4.jpg
OmeQ7sW.jpg
NvQq4MY.jpg
h7CEjwU.jpg
PKUjo7I.jpg
8Jq79aM.jpg
oT71FEP.jpg
Bo176oA.jpg
A9GAmuZ.jpg

Remember not a single criminal was affected by these gun control measures.

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#2367 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2580 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:10 AM

Great pictures as usual Pete, keep them coming!

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users