• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Goosetaf

Goosetaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Good evening everyone, I felt that I should share my first and last experience with Marstar and the dissapointing and unsatisfactory service I experienced.

I placed an order for 4 x M305B (M14) 20 round pinned to 5 magazines. While tracking the package I noticed it was sent to an incorrect address which caused it to arrive late. When I went to pick up my late package 3 of my 4 magazines were missing, I called Marstar and spoke with a representative whom confirmed 3 of my mags had not been shipped at that they would be here by this Friday. I asked if I would receive compensation for the hassle and bad first experience, I was offered at that time 10% off($18) & a free t-shirt or hat ($10-$15 maybe). I agreed and the order was going to be shipped, less then two minutes late I thought that if they`re going to give me essentially $28-$32 why not give me a free magazine ($35 value) instead, so I called back and the representative told me I would need to talk with a second person. I was transferred to this second person whom told me they would need to speak to their boss who wasn`t working today and call me back.  I never received a call back so at 1:30pm today (02-25-2014) I called to find out if this could be done for me. I was told by the second person that no it could not be done, I tried to explain that there was little difference and it would be far more useful to give me a magazine instead of the shirt and a rebate. I was rudely talked over by the representative while trying to explain this and that Marstar would lose my business and everyone I can reach`s business because of a few dollars. The representative seemed un-bothered and uncaring about my concerns before I finally hung up. I then proceeded to send an email explaining everything above and that if her boss would contact me by the end of the day to discuss it that would be best. I never recieved any calls from Marstar. 

I know I am a small order from one person making little impact to their overhead and their sales, but what they failed to realize is that without hundreds of people like me they would never have gotten into business and stayed in business. It is sad when a company feels that $10 or $15 difference maximum is (if only the rebate were given for example) is all it takes to loss someones business. I had plans of buying a TT33 and Norinco M4 next, and will now find these purchases with a company who cares about their customers.

The icing on the cake of all this is when they sent me my updated order which is to arrive Friday for my 3 missing magazines and my free t-shirt, they sent me a free toque, they couldn`t even get that right. I will never deal with Marstar again for their poor service and I will ensure everyone can hear my story.

Sincerely,

An unsatisfied customer.

#2 daveyn

daveyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

No sympathy here... I work in retail and meet people like you all the time. All you have to do is make one little mistake or an oversight and people just can't wait to scream "poor customer service" and use that for leverage to get something for nothing.  So they made a mistake and you saw an opportunity, got on the phone to see what you could get for nothing...cause I mean really how were you inconvenianced' you had one mag that you could use while waiting for the other 3 to arrive, they were just late, its not a life or death situation here, just a couple of mags. Really there is no inconvenience at all. So the guy offers you 10% and a tee shirt, which is pretty darn reasonable, you accept the offer and then you decide "nope I want more" so you called back and said give me a free mag,(25% discount, which is a pretty big discount) chased the issue through a number of people, annoying them to no end and taking them away from servicing good customers and because you didn't get enough free stuff you were crying poor customer service. 

I think the 10% was reasonable,they offered, you accepted and then you tried to get 25%, they wouldn't give it to you and they are the problem?  You are the problem my friend, not the retailer. You got your mags, you got them for less than you expected to pay and you got a free toque to boot. sounds like you made out pretty well.

But you're upset because they didn't give in to your unreasonable request for a 25% discount cause they made a mailing error. I can guarantee they lost money on this deal with all the man hours involved, 2 mailings and the discount, I'm confident they are not upset at all that you won't be back.

If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you've always got.

#3 predator

predator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

X2!! daveyn

#4 MJN

MJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationForestburg, Alberta

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Lol their ripping you a new one on CGN.

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5104 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Hey,i just spent 30 hours stranded in Ottawa because of a mechanical problem during a charter flight so  please......cry me a river why dont ya!So they #$%^ed up an order and you try to bleed free swag out of them? Now you're on a crusade to smear them?Holy #$%^!!

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 retdcpo1

retdcpo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

X3 daveyn!!! everyone wants something for nothing these days ...

#7 noluck

noluck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPetite Riviere

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Thank you for this thread, I haven't smiled in a few days and this brought a good grin to my face.

Listen, think and then act.

#8 2547-removed

2547-removed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

I had great service from Marstar.  Several years ago I bought a cheapie Turkish shotgun from their site (believe me you don't ever want one, they are called Weatherbys now) and was hugely disappointed with it,  It jammed, the finish was crap, etc...  Expecting a huge hassle, I called them and explained what I thought about the shotgun and they were very reasonable and admitted that there were plenty of problems with some of them.  I sent it back and got a full refund, no questions asked and that included shipping after a very pleasant phone conversation.

#9 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I don't have time anymore for the crap service you get from most businesses anymore. Very hard to find folks that give a @#[email protected] I love hearing buy local, first you get gouged to death, service is horrible, then they wonder a few years down the road why they went out of business. Overall, most just suck. I have ordered gun parts in Canada, long delays, wrong parts, and your left arguing on the phone with someone that doesn't care once they get your money. Ordered a tractor part 6 months ago, gave them my address, reconfirmed it, and gave them the money. the part got lost, took at least 4 weeks to get it. It came with a fee for being sent to the wrong address, which they did, it was also defective, they would not take it back, and I had to fight the wrong address fee, and eventually they would not answer phone calls, or e-mails. I see it just about everyday, every business. crap is being made overseas, no one even inspects it, you get it home, it falls apart. The killer is how they make things sound so easy while they are taking your money, soon as there is a snag, opps, she is a whole different story. Those that go the little extra to ensure that the word on the street is positive, are becoming rare these days. When those that go out of business because of there service, I just smile and drive bye

#10 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

I'm sure their glad it will be their last experience with you too. LMAO

#11 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

I'm sure their glad it will be their last experience with you too. LMAO

Great comment. So I take it customer service means little to you in your day to day purchases of products, especially if the product is defective, delayed, extra costs applied etc, get real.

#12 CAT COUNTRY

CAT COUNTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thank you for this thread, I haven't smiled in a few days and this brought a good grin to my face.

X2

#13 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

If I am worried about costumer service quality of workmanship etc I sure as hell don't shop around for the cheapest price I can find. If you expect the cheapest price then expect the customer service and quality to go with it.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for whether you buy local or not.

#14 slinkey

slinkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

If I am worried about costumer service quality of workmanship etc I sure as hell don't shop around for the cheapest price I can find. If you expect the cheapest price then expect the customer service and quality to go with it.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for whether you buy local or not.

Agree 100%

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

You can buy an expensive vehicle one week, then drive buy a dealership and see it cheaper a few weeks later by thousands. You can buy many expensive firearms today, that fail in comparison to the older ones, most are being made overseas, and you cannot take them out on the rain, as the metal quality is crap. Any business operator should realize that any employee being rude to customers is not good in the long run as in many cases it is the little guy that got them where they are, however it might explain why many eventually go under. Just because you pay top dollar these days doesn't mean good quality or service. Many will go to the outdoor show next weekend and see items that they paid more for than what they should have. 

#16 MJN

MJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationForestburg, Alberta

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

This is hilarious, the retailer screwed up....offered compensation....the buyer agreed to it, then complains because he wanted more...
Wow... Too funny....

#17 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Great comment. So I take it customer service means little to you in your day to day purchases of products, especially if the product is defective, delayed, extra costs applied etc, get real.

The products were not defective and extra costs were not applied against the purchaser, in fact he was given free stuff (which he agreed to) as a goodwill gesture to make him happy. He just got greedy and through a temper tantrum when he couldn't get more out of them and posted his diatribe on every gun board in Canada. Now he's a laughingstock. Give your head a shake unless you're part of the FSA.

#18 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

The products were not defective and extra costs were not applied against the purchaser, in fact he was given free stuff (which he agreed to) as a goodwill gesture to make him happy. He just got greedy and through a temper tantrum when he couldn't get more out of them and posted his diatribe on every gun board in Canada. Now he's a laughingstock. Give your head a shake unless you're part of the FSA.

I think its great that the average Canadian pushes back these days. Might wake some folks up that once they got your money they seem to care little about delays. Big CEO;s don't put up with there employees missing time lines, but when it comes to customers, it appears many are not concerned how long one might wait. Should of went for 50% off. Put that name in a search, and there are others reporting poor service.

#19 caperaway

caperaway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

This is hilarious, the retailer screwed up....offered compensation....the buyer agreed to it, then complains because he wanted more...
Wow... Too funny....

Not only that he then goes around on multiple forums just to complain about it.Nice first post OP.

#20 Goosetaf

Goosetaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

To clarify, the offer of 10% rebate plus a free toque or t-shirt (valued between $10-$15 lets say) would equal $30-$35 or the cost of a mag, I was asking for the mag as compensation instead of the rebate and t-shirt/hat. This shouldn't be a far stretch, It's fair and yes I'm going to go around on multiple forums so that everyone knows how much Marstar's customer service sucks.  

To add to the story, I had posted the same blurb to their facebook and they attempted to blame me for giving them the wrong address to begin with. I replied by posting a screenshot of the order form from their website on their facebook wall showing my proper address, not the one they sent it to, and they still tried to tell me it was my fault. Their reply was that of a frustrated teenager and finally they got smart and deleted everything. Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to screenshot their reply for all of you to have another smile over, better luck never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users