2 replies to this topic

#1 love to hunt

love to hunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

A sad day for all who new Bruce Scott........some say he was the "Fred Bear" of Nova Scotia.  I first met Bruce & Joyce at Scotia Bowmans Achery club.  Both were always eager to help anyone with their shooting.  Bruce was a kind,  gentle man and he will be missed.  Hope the hunting is awesome in heaven Bruce!

Until we meet again my friend......

http://thechronicleh...tt-bruce-donald

#2 Quackaddict

Quackaddict

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBrookfield

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

This is truly a sad thing here in Nova Scotia, we have sincerely lost one of the great ones. Bruce was one of those guys that you just could not be around enough, Whether it was to just drop in for a quick cup off coffee with him and Joyce at their trailer that they parked at Scotia Bowman for many years or to talk about a big buck that you saw cross down on the Maybe Loop in Chignecto. Bruce was one of the most knowledgable archers in the sport, he could study your form and suggest corrections that would always make a difference. He was a true asset to the movement of competitive archery in Nova Scotia and an awesome example of a true bowhunter. Anyone that knew Bruce, knew that Fred Bear was right up there with the almighty himself on Bruce's list and is no doubt up there swapping a few story's with him as we speak! RIP Bruce.
HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, KILL QUICK AND APPOLOGIZE TO NOBODY!

"I think that birds were made to shoot and some of us were made to shoot them and if that is not so well, never say we did not tell you that we liked it."--Ernest Hemingway, 193

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Truly saddened to hear of Bruce's passing . I can recall many Wednesday nights at Scotia Bowman of chatting with him in the late 80's early 90's . never meet anyone who had such knowledge of bowhunting  .it was a treat just to hear him relate his stories of early bowhunting here in this province . RIP Bruce you will be sorely missed my friend  .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users