#1 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Anyone have one? Thinking of getting into black powder and this is one i'm looking at. Don't want a package gun because i would guess the scope on a package muzzle loader would be the same as that on a package centerfire......garbage! Thanks in advance

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#2 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

No experience with the T/C Impact, but I would strongly encourage you to check out the CVA Optima V2's that Hnatiuk's just got in. I'm betting they won't last long!

After a lot of reading/research into modern in-lines, the Optima V2 is the ML I decided upon. I picked up one from Ontario early last winter, when pickings were extremely scarce around here, and it was about the same price when including S&H. I'm betting local stock won't last long with the new ML opportunities. Count on spending just as much on accessories as you spent on the rifle, if starting from scratch!

As for the scope I plan on mounting a Bushnell Trophy XLT DOA250 ML scope on it. They are reasonably priced and made for modern ML's.

Good luck regardless of your rifle choice. You can find some good info and plenty of opinions on the 'Modern Muzzleloader' website forums, as well both T/C and CVA have some good videos on the web.

#3 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks,i'll see what's at the show next weekend before i buy. Hnatiuk's are supposedly coming down to it.

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#4 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

27 reviews on Cabelas and 4.9 out of 5 rating on the impact. From all i have read, it has better reviews than the optima and a better price tag.

#5 Mercer

Mercer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationLawrencetown

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

I haven't seen a bad review on the Impact or on the Optima. They're both around $300 for the black stock- blued barrel model. Best way to decide between the two is handle them and shoulder them, see which one fits you better.

#6 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Agreed 100%! Especially if you are shorter in stature. About the only complaint I'd found for the Optima was in regard to its length making it more difficult to shoulder for some. Mine is fine, but I wouldn't want any longer length of pull. If you get to handle one at the show you'll have a better idea.

#7 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have found the impact in black/blued for $253 and the omega for $329. I generally take a standard length of pull in a firearm. 

#8 Haunted Hunter

Haunted Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationLockeport

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

I went to Canadain Tire to buy the CVA Wolf,...I walked out with TC Impact. I have never handled the Optima but if it feels like the Wolf, I would'nt like it. The stock on the wolf is very slight and hollow feeling like a Daisy BB/pellet gun,....and the gun doesn't feel very balanced,...too weight forward for my liking,....it just doesn't feel like a well constructed gun.

The Impact has a solid strong stock and is a better balanced gun and fits me alot better. It has real steal sling studs instead of molded plastic holes like the Wolf and the optima. The Impact is easy to break open with just a pull of your thumb on the release. The only thing that the Wolf or Optima may have over the Impact is the finger release breach plug,.....but the breach plug on the Impact is also easy to remove,..you just need to do it with the wrench that comes with it.

Overall I think the Impact is a well constructed muzzle loader. It also has a nice light trigger and shoots well. Mine is black on black,..but I think the camo and stainless model looks pretty good.

These are just my observations and oppinions,....in no way am I trying to insult anyones choice of gun,....everyone has different tastes and likes.. :)

If a man speaks in the forest with no women around to hear, is he still wrong?

Choot 'em!....Troy Landry

#9 Wayne

Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

I also have the Impact and it feels and shoots great but then everybody likes something different in a firearm. I bought mainly because of the LOP feature because both the wife and me are very small in size (height wise lol). It is a hoot to shoot and we just love it, It is very consistent when using BH209 and very easy to clean.

Things that I have witnessed over the last 20-40 years. Society has become devoid of common sense and reasoning skills. Idiots breeding more idiots who are led by the nose through simple flashing lights from their iphones and other gadgets. Not only are they told what to think and what to do all under the BS of " social connectedness" but they pay a monthly fee for it.

#10 slinkey

slinkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

27 reviews on Cabelas and 4.9 out of 5 rating on the impact. From all i have read, it has better reviews than the optima and a better price tag.

26 of them reviews where made bye Jim Shockey nomad under different user names.He trust his life on them and so can you ;)  :lol:

#11 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

26 of them reviews where made bye Jim Shockey nomad under different user names.He trust his life on them and so can you ;)  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:

#12 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Couldn't resist the temptation and decided to pull the trigger( pun intended) on a  tc impact weathershield . Between all the positive reviews and the excellent price i found, i'm confident i made the right choice. Couldn't wait for the show on the 12th lol,but i am hoping there are related supplies there. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

#13 slinkey

slinkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Welcome to the dirty world of ML nomad B) .I think you got yourself a great ML and i bet your going to love shooting it.

#14 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Welcome to the dirty world of ML nomad B) .I think you got yourself a great ML and i bet your going to love shooting it.

Thanks Slinkey.Something else to spend money on. Crossbow is next but first, i must decide on a scope for this thing.

#15 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Unboxing day today for me as my impact arrived just a few hours after i got home for days off. Wow, what a solid and well constructed gun for this price range. Got some bh 209 and hornady 250 gr sst sabots enroute as i type this. Pretty stoked about this purchase. I will let everyone know how it shoots when i get a chance to try it. If this thing shoots as good as it looks, i see no reason to want anything higher priced.

#16 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

My buddy shoots 100 grain (volume) and 300gr sst's in his impact.  Very accurate with that combo.  The 250's shot just as well, he just preferred the heavier 300's.

#17 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

I have found the impact in black/blued for $253 and the omega for $329. I generally take a standard length of pull in a firearm. 

Nomad I found the Impact for $253 from Al flatherty in Toronto is that who you purchased your Impact from?

If you did just wondering what they are like to deal with?

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#18 Brown It's Down!

Brown It's Down!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

I have one and i love it.  i was using 250 gr SST's with 100 grains of Blackhorn 309.  I forget which primer.  It was shooting 1 3/4" groups at 100 yards.  I was so impressed with the accuracy i took it out during the regular rifle season a few times.  Never did get a buck with it but hopefully this year.  Its well worth the money IMHO.

Black is the new brown!

#19 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5191 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Nomad I found the Impact for $253 from Al flatherty in Toronto is that who you purchased your Impact from?

If you did just wondering what they are like to deal with?

Yes gb,that is where i got mine and they were excellent to deal with. I'll buy from them again.

#20 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

I called them and ordered the last one instock and already have had it delivered! and they sent me a free camo hat!

I would deal with them again any time, very good service.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users