#21 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I have also ordered a cleaning kit bullets/sabots and powder measure. I think I will likely try.45 cal. bullets and bulk sabots as this looks way cheaper in the future.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#22 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Well i finally got myself ready to try this thing out. I mounted a leupold vari x 11 2-7x33 on it that i picked up off gun nutz. I went with warne maxima quick release rings. Got a couple different type sabots to try, hornady sst and federal fusion.If the honeydew list allows,i'll be trying her out saturday. Gotta get myself a photo bucket account or something and start posting some pics of the arsenal. lol

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#23 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Here is a copy from a post off the Modern Muzzleloader forums about a T/C Impact and a load that he said was a 'tack driver' in his 2 Impacts, in case you are interested. I tried posting the actual link, but couldn't get it to paste:

"90gr BH209, Barnes MZ250 bullet, Harvester Crush Rib sabot

He also said his guns shot Hornady, Speer and PT Golds well.

There are a couple of recent posts on the site relating to T/C Impacts. Wish we could get their prices, one guy said he picked up a brand new T/C Impact for $100!

#24 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Next item for my T/C Impact will be a scope, not sure what to go with Bushnell, Leupold or Burris 2 x 7 or 3 x 9

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#25 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Next item for my T/C Impact will be a scope, not sure what to go with Bushnell, Leupold or Burris 2 x 7 or 3 x 9

I mounted a 2-7x33 leupold but i plan on switching out to 3-9x40 after i get some range time in and Al Flaherty's gets the redfield revolutions back in stock.You can't mount a scope very low on these because of the exposed hammer so the 33 mm scope looks a bit out of place.I own burris and bushnell elites as well as a couple of leupolds.Can't go wrong with any of them imo.

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#26 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the info Nomad, I will likely go with a 3 x 9 Bushnell.

did you have to use high rings to mount your scope?

#27 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the info Nomad, I will likely go with a 3 x 9 Bushnell.

did you have to use high rings to mount your scope?

Nope. I used medium warne maxima quick release rings.

#28 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Did you try it out yet Nomad?

#29 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Did you try it out yet Nomad?

No...too busy last days off. Home again on july 2nd. I will be trying her out that week.Took a while to gather all the supplies.

#30 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Well i'm finally gonna get a chance to try her out this afternoon.  i just switched out the 2-7 for a 3-9 and it fits a lot better with the maxima rings. Can't wait to try her out. Bringing my nephew out for his first trip to a range. I'll be bringing along a .22lr and .22 mag for him to try.

#31 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Spent a couple of hours out at the range this afternoon. I absolutely love this muzzle loader!I used 90 grains of blackhorn and 250 gr hornady sst sabots and cci  209m primers.Shoots very well with this combo. next trip out i'll experiment a bit with weight of powder. I forgot the t handle home so as the day progressed it got a bit harder to load lol. Took my Ruger American .243 out as well. This rifle has exceeded every expectation i had of it. Sub moa groups every time. Brought out my rem 597 .22lr and it continued to feed and fire the cheap bulk federal like a dream.I like this rifle a lot. Also took out my marlin xt 22 in .22 mag and it's another nice shooter i picked up off nsh a couple of years ago. Had a time trying to get my nephew firing the .22's but he enjoyed nimself once he tried them.

#32 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Just arrived home on days off and my new nikon inline xr scope had arrived while I was gone. I just got finished installing it on my impact and the eye relief on it is incredible.It has the BDC reticle.I will give a good review of this scope once I get some range time with it but so far, I'm impressed.

#33 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

I shot my Impact last weekend and I was impressed with the groups, Hornady xtp 45 cal. 250 grain. hollow points over 80 grains of Blackhorn and CCI magnum primers

#34 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

I am using 250 gr hornady sst' over 95 gr of bh209 and cci 209m primers and utterly amazed at the accuracy. I bought a couple of spare breech plugs just in case.

#35 swampbuck

swampbuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Shooting 44 cal 240 gr hornady xtp from my impact I use 90 gr blackhorn I am new to black powder but am impressed with the accuracy shoots better than my 270 a little more work but fun its topped with a 3-9x40 nikon prostaff that I robbed off my savage model 111 270. Gona try some 250 sst when the xtps are gone I bought bulk so I have lots left.

#36 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

Had a 3-9x40 prostaff on mine but wanted a little more eye relief for this little thumper.Just installed the new nikon inline xr muzzleloader scope today with 5inches of constant eye relief.The pro staff will find a home on something else I'm sure.

#37 Wayne

Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

Greybeard what were your groups like?  We can shoot 1" groups with our Impacts with 90 gr of BH209 and using hornady's 250 SST but not real happy with the performance. We find they do not leave much of an exit hole and there sometimes is not much of a blood trail. Always got what we shot at as nothing went past a hundred yards, but there is always that chance.

Wayne 

Things that I have witnessed over the last 20-40 years. Society has become devoid of common sense and reasoning skills. Idiots breeding more idiots who are led by the nose through simple flashing lights from their iphones and other gadgets. Not only are they told what to think and what to do all under the BS of " social connectedness" but they pay a monthly fee for it.

#38 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5237 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Last time I had mine to the range, I had 3 other rifles with me so I didn't have a lot of time behind the impact.Only fired one three shot group at 50 yds producing one ragged hole.I'm shooting 95 gr of Bh209 behind the 250 g hornady's. I have some Barnes mz expanders and federal fusions to try next time out.Never expected a break barrel muzzle loader to be this accurate.

#39 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

I was getting 3 shots in a couple inches at 100 yards and I had said it was a 250 grain bullet but it was a 240 grain hollow point pistol bullet, my mistake.

Next time out i will try upping the charge to 90 grains to compare. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users