#1 pepper shaker

pepper shaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdartmouth

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hello to all,it has been two years now since I first errr well almost three since the first petition I started with Liberal Party Member Shawn Lawlor and Leo Glavine and others took place.

I have been told that this  will be in place for the 2015 hunting season and that it will be announced in april of next year regarding this.

Now in saying this and having invested a lot of time and energy it to making our province that same as the rest of the country and getting our hunters back in the woods and away from the television.

There appears to be a lot of opposition to this which is no surprise really from mostly people that have not seen twenty feet off a pedway in city limits which if you remember I promised to never ever hunt within city limits or the pedways of our province, this I pledge.

But to not be judgemental there has been a lot of criticism from the hunting variety regarding this as well.

Now just thinking about declining numbers and hunters who have to work five and six days per week and have to watch a hard rain Saturday blow through only to cause them to wait another week to hunt doe not seem fair to those individuals that have no vacation or paid time off to hunt through the weekdays to continue to enjoy an ever increasing costly way of life with less time to enjoy it.

We can fish(which I fully partake and enjoy),shop,buy  alcohol and a car but cannot hunt anywhere in our province, what!!

I was very surprised to hear about this much opposition even from our hunting members yep the is correct!! and somewhat taken aback, as if it is good for one to enjoy a Sunday activity why not make it available for all to have the opportunity to do so and not limit them because they have a different lifestyle.

So I am asking once again for the support and calls or email to our Liberal Government to support all our  hunting and outdoor enthusiasts and not let all the rest of Canada be ahead of our Province once again.

This will go ahead, and with our support it will be a well gained day for our hunting public.

As what better way to enjoy and enthrall our youth and keep our older generation in our great outdoors and to actually gain a privilege instead of giving one up. 

Thank you everyone and yes there are a multitude of fors and against, but the end result is everything else in our Canada is getting done on Sunday so why is Nova Scotia the last again.

Respectively and the highest regards

#2 dabombbizzle

dabombbizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationTimberlea

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

As a Monday - Friday, 9-5 guy. This is great news.

#3 Huntcb

Huntcb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

X2

#4 mack11

mack11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1468 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

About time, that is amazing news

#5 birdboy

birdboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Locationpictou

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

it will double alot of peoples hunting time. great news

#6 Tokala

Tokala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I can see my divorce in 2015 around about the first full moon in november. hahaha
"We are a part of nature and not above it" - Grey Owl

#7 lee_195

lee_195

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

don't believe but hope it happens

#8 harvey

harvey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Good news  ,all that have worked for this should feel good  even if we are    last province to get it .some people work six days .I am 65 it will give one day to take grandchildren hunting  .Spent a lot of weakens of my time going to meetings to get better laws for trapping and houndmen s  no one  that goes to the woods  should be aginist this .PS LOVE THOSE CB MOOSE STOREYS  can almost  here a bull  grunting  on those park spar barrens // u all have good hunting season. 

#9 bigbore

bigbore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

Awesome news!!

#10 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Probably get some flack for this but ive never been pro-sunday hunting.I guess i figure its nice to have the pressure off the game we hunt for at least 1day a week.There are plenty of people who hunt throughout the week and not just on saturdays..I think it also helps with the relationship between hunter and non hunter.just my opinion

#11 28 gauge

28 gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

I agree backcountrylivin.

What I don't understand is if this is a done deal as stated  in the first post and will go into effect in 2015,why is there a need to e mail or call any one.Just my opinion. :)

#12 TheNoviceHunter

TheNoviceHunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Are they going to make any other conservation adjustment to offset hunting the extra days?

#13 roadkill

roadkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

There is Sunday hunting going on right now, natives have the RIGHT to hunt every day of the week, Sundays included . The world has not come to an end, and yes i would be hunting Sundays, just like on the hunting trip to Alberta I made several years ago. Believe it when I see it.. Thanks to all those who put there time and efforts if this happens. Sunday hunting would allow hunters to travel further throughout our province if the xtra day was available.  3 or 4 hour drive is a lot to hunt 1 day ,Saturday , but add Sunday, 2 days  to hunt,  and I would think a lot of hunters would look at travelling. As stated the cost of living has gone up a lot , infaction, etc. forcing people to work more.

#14 MWO has left

MWO has left

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1589 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Sunday hunting has been on the books for years now. Was passed many years ago through the NSFAH AGM. There are those for, those against. Not sure where the current info has come from within this thread, however was told earlier this week that DNR commissioned a random survey this year (Phone) to determine what public opinion was to the introduction of Sunday hunting. The results of that survey are unknown to me. You can rest assure that Government will bow to what the majority wants.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

#15 labretriever

labretriever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationnew glasgow

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

Excellent news...................wish this happened 29+ years ago when I was fully commited to hockey, would've been able to go to the camp afterwards and spend more time with my father & in the woods......................hope it comes to fruition................

#16 11750

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Bright it, there is no more pressure on game on Sunday, than on Saturday or Monday.. This just means that the working folk will get 2 "legal" days per week instead of the 1.. Added up over the season as it is right now, I ask myself why really bother for that 1 day a week.. I go but, it's not really quality time spent for the 1 day.. 

#17 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Its not just about the "extra day of hunting".there are plenty of ns citizens who enjoy their walks/bike rides/boat rides etc. on sundays.and that is the only day some feel comfortable doing so.just my opinion but im happy we are one of the last provinces with no sunday hunting­čśĆ

#18 bad knees

bad knees

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Its not just about the "extra day of hunting".there are plenty of ns citizens who enjoy their walks/bike rides/boat rides etc. on sundays.and that is the only day some feel comfortable doing so.just my opinion but im happy we are one of the last provinces with no sunday hunting

I'm sure there may be some, but to suggest that there are lots of NS citizens going for walks, bike rides, and boat rides in field or forest where it's legal to hunt is just plain fantasy.

#19 woot

woot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationElmsdale

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

Or in the swamps and marshes where the inside guys waterfowl... And the outside guys don't see many jogger/bikers/hikers lol
Wanted: More places to hunt and more time to do it.

#20 11750

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Come November most of those hikers and bird watchers are Sunday shopping at the mall.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users