13 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisThompson87

ChrisThompson87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

Im starting to get a real intolerance for all the keyboard DNR COs on here, a person tries to make a post and 80% of the time they are cut off with some arm chair game warden being critical of their post or questioning the legality of something, for example a post about having some camp meals and last year's moose meat veing used for tacos at camp..someone had to ruin a fun and good topic with a stupid post about a meat permit, or the guy who was chewing about a triggerlock walking out...give me a break, just let people tell their damn stories and make their posts without criticizing everything someone says....i know of members of this site who are illegal hunters...i don't start crapping on them, just let ppl post without fear of being bombarded with laws and technicalities ffs,im not trying to "troll" im just giving my opinion, i don't agree with the way people are on here at times

#2 Camel

Camel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

Most things are quite petty that some straight and narrow hunters have to correct.But it is a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.I'm sure that most on here have broken a rule or two at one time or another.

#3 ChrisThompson87

ChrisThompson87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Exactly. Pot calling the kettle black seems to happen all the time on here

#4 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:43 AM

Im starting to get a real intolerance for all the keyboard DNR COs on here, a person tries to make a post and 80% of the time they are cut off with some arm chair game warden being critical of their post or questioning the legality of something, for example a post about having some camp meals and last year's moose meat veing used for tacos at camp..someone had to ruin a fun and good topic with a stupid post about a meat permit, or the guy who was chewing about a triggerlock walking out...give me a break, just let people tell their damn stories and make their posts without criticizing everything someone says....i know of members of this site who are illegal hunters...i don't start crapping on them, just let ppl post without fear of being bombarded with laws and technicalities ffs,im not trying to "troll" im just giving my opinion, i don't agree with the way people are on here at times

If u dislike the posts and they bother u that bad....dont use the site.pretty simple

#5 Dagwood

Dagwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationDartmouth, NS

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

troll-meter.gif

#6 ChrisThompson87

ChrisThompson87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

Backcountry its that attitude that you have right there that grinds my gears, I'm expressing my opinion, everyone else is allowed to express theirs, why can't I express mine? Is it because I'm new? Seems to be the way things work around this place, but thanks for your confirmation that there are a lot of people on here that say "my way or the highway" I came on here and read some good stuff, posted a few topics and was mostly met with a positive response, this wasn't meant to be a trouble causing topic just an opinion that I have, and Milo I'm not trying to troll but thank you for your unintelligible post

#7 Dagwood

Dagwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationDartmouth, NS

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

If it walks like a duck...

#8 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:16 AM

CT87

There are alot of new / young hunters who read the posts on these sites but not many bother to read the summary of regulations and even less bother to read the actual regulations them selves.

I agree that most people have broken or at least severly bent a rule or reg a time or two, myself included but there is a huge difference in "bending" a rule when you know you are bending a rule and breaking a rule that you didn't know existed.

One would think that if someone knew they were breaking the law the last thing they would do is post it on a public forum.

Everyone has an opinion, but when that opinion is backed up by the regs it is hard to disregard and if that post happens to get a new / young hunter to actually go out and read the regs then all the better.

I have learned very little from people who agree with everything I say but have learned alot from people who have taken the time to point out my errors.

#9 ChrisThompson87

ChrisThompson87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

It's not the error pointing out that gets me its the way it is gone about, I wish I wasn't sitting in the stand right now so I could show you the posts I am talking about. As a young hunter I'd be timid to post on here for fear of making a mistake and being jumped on is all I am saying, there have been people who have left in the past over this, older topics still contain their posts saying they were done, I just think people could go about things better

#10 jwr

jwr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

Very well said Way out there,,... Congrats  especially the last statement about learning.  Smart man and well put.

JW

SOMETHING TO PONDER:  KEEP THE SUN IN YOUR FACE,, AND ALL YOUR SHADOWS WILL BE BEHIND YOU.....

#11 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:28 AM

CT87

I agree some people use more tact than others when pointing out errors but that being said, at any time you consider posting on a public forum you run the risk of being "Jumped On". If you are unsure of the regs then maybe you shouldn't be posting a certain piece of information. Most of our regs are pretty clear.

As for people leaving this site because they feel they are being "Jumped On" it was their choice to join and it is their choice to leave.  I honestly believe alot of problems in the world today are because people cannot handle the truth and are being coddled way too much, but once again that is just my opinion.

I have been "Jumped On" on here once or twice and I am still here lol

#12 Camokid

Camokid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationHarrietsfield, Nova Scotia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

I agree with both sides of the conversation here.

There are a lot of posts occurring where the intent to be informative has gone right out the window and by that I mean people are citing the regs just to get a rise out of people. It's very clear sometimes.

On the other hand the whole concept of this topic is in turn doing the same thing that the "keyboard game wardens" are doing. It does leave some question towards whether the first person was right in their action. It also leaves question to whether the person in response was right to point out the others mistake/cruel intention in the manner that they have.
Shoot now, ask questions later!

#13 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

I beleive that some people have a very difficult time dividing what is legal from what is ethical.

Our regulations are pretty clear, except for a couple of grey areas, on what is legal.

Ethics on the other hand are a whole different kettle of fish. Everyone's ethics are different and no one has the right to pass judgement on someone elses ethics. For example, I might consider a head shot on a deer as totally ethical and someone else might not. Both shots are perfectly legal and it comes down to a personal choice. I like to shoot my ducks on the water and others like to shoot them in the air, again both are perfectly legal.

I would not challange anyone's ethics but when someone asks what shot is the best all we can give is a personal opinion with an explaination as to why we feel that way.

It is only when someone mounts a personal attack on someone's ethics that these problems seem to arise and yes sadly enough alot of times these personal attacks seem to come from the same people over and over.

#14 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

I aswell agree With Way Out There ,on this issue ,it bout sums it up.But adding my few cents worth CT87 ,also I realize that some just like to pick apart things for whatever reason,but yes they re entitled to express their opinions respectfully aswell,agree or not .We ve all done something out of line m sure along our way ,either knowingly or not .I find with alot of folks here they ask for imput in regards to legallity of issues before they consult with either the dnr wildlife act or a CO.Personally if I wanted to know an answer about things such as legallity stuff thats where I would get advice from.Infact recently I asked a CO if just carrying a gps was as good as carrying a compass,answer...NO,so there you have it folks anybody dispute this!
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users