#22 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationChester, NS area

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Seven tables Reserved now and it looks like there is going to be a lot of firearms there along with a lot of mixed hunting and fishing gear.

#23 dreamwaters

dreamwaters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

Excellent!  I'll up the ante even a bit more.  My table will be the one with a motorized inflatable deer decoy infront of it (for sale, of course)! 

I'm chronically bad at parting with my guns, so I'm going to post this here to so that I'm committed and don't chicken out on the 18th!  LOL  I am bringing a Beretta Xtrema II with a left-hand trigger group (safety for lefties without reaching around the trigger guard).  Max-4 camo.  All five Beretta optimachokes plus a Wad Wizard Supreme (100$ value).  Hard case, manual, stock shims etc etc etc...  No kick-off.  3.5" chamber. 

This gun has been hunted extensively, and shows wear on the camo finish on the stock only (finish on the barrel and metal parts is perfect).  It's an absolute WORKHORSE of a shotgun - cycles everything very reliably.  What I've been most impressed with is its resistance to corrosion when used around saltwater.  I'm confident that there is not gun better for coastal hunters.  I have purchased and fallen in love wiht a Cynergy over-under camo, which is my new go-to waterfowling gun, even though it doesn't stand up to salt nealry as well.  But I'm a double-gun guy, so the Cynergy is my new best friend and the Xtrema is collecting dust.  Come check it out, especially you southpaws!  The conversion to left-hand safety was nearly 200$, but it sure makes the gun a lot fast and safer to handle for lefties.  The gun is also currently set up for lefties (left-hand cast shim installed). 

THERE, now I'm committed! 

Dave

"When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him."

#24 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

Don't you just love a guy that's committed? Well the women would anyway! Yep. I'm committed as well. Some of my dear "old friends" must go. :(

#25 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Any of you guys need an extra OEM barrel for your Ruger 10/22? Bought a bull barrel, so its going to go. Have a couple of 10/22 stocks as well along with a couple of 25 round magazines.

#26 buck crazy

buck crazy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Locationwilliamswood,NS

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Is it free to enter

#27 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

No charge to enter the yard sale. Doors open at 10 AM for buyers.

#28 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

Here are the rifle scopes that will be on my table:

Bushnell Trophy 1.75-5x32  (original price $139)

Redfield Revenge 4-12x42 , with Accu-Range Varmit recticle, Lifetime Warranty

Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn, 6-18x50 (this is mounted on a rifle, but can be sold separately)

Weaver Classic, 2.5-8x28, Silver, c/w silver weaver scope mounts

Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn, 1.5-4.5x32

Gamo 4x32, this came mounted on an air rifle I bought, didn't use it. Would almost give it away if there was a young person who owned a pellet rifle and wanted to try a scope.

#29 dreamwaters

dreamwaters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

I'll edit above, but the battery-operated spinner deer-feeder that I was going to sell appears to be fried.  It was working when I put it on the shelf a few years ago, but it has since died.  So just the other "manual" feeder at the sale.

"When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him."

#30 dreamwaters

dreamwaters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

...and, I have decided that my floater decoy spread is too heavy for my usual hunts now that I'm not boat-hunting anymore.  Time to downsize and lighten the load!  It's a mix of nearly two dozen (22 I think?) Avery Greenhead Gear Oversized black duck and mallard floaters that are Texas-rigged.  Some butts, headless feeders, skimmer, sleepers mixed in with the standard poses.  Nice spread.  I coated the weights with plastic "dip" that prevents them from scratching up the decoys.  They come in a big "Rig'em Right Long Haul" decoy bag that has a backpack harness on it but can be opened like a giant duffle bag and each "bunch" of Texas-Rigged decoys lifted out for easy deployment.  This would be a fantastic starter kit for waterfowlers, or a great way to build up your spread with a diverse mix of two of our most common species in a very realistic combination of poses in a very convenient and easy to deploy/pick-up kit.

#31 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Would the battery operated feeder be fixable by someone that was trained in electronics?

#32 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

We are up to 10 reserved tables now, not that many left either. Only got room for 14 tables.

#33 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

I'm a 20 Ga guy now. So all my 12 Ga stuff has got to go. I have several boxes of .22 Win Mag that will be going as well. I believe they will be really good prices.

#34 dreamwaters

dreamwaters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

Sellers and buyers, don't forget to bring some smaller change than 20s if you can. I was just pricing my stuff and there are lots of 5 and 10$ items and less. I've been saving smaller bills and coins for a few weeks, but just a reminder to others, cuz we don't have a debit machine! ;-)
Cheers,
Dave

#35 steelnink

steelnink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunenburg

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

DEFINATELY looking forward to Sunday.
Can never have enough decoys....and plenty of time to repaint before next season.

pain is a matter of opinion

#36 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Tnx for the great reminder Dave.

PS: There is 3 (three) debit machines in Chester. (just sayin LOL)

#37 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Just a last reminder about the Men's Yard Sale tomorrow (Sunday 18th). Capt Kidd Rod & Gun Club. Lots of interest, so I wouldn't be all day getting there. Doors open for buyers at 10 AM.

We have been informed by the CFO's Office that we are being treated as a Gun Show. Someone from their office will be there to make sure all Rules are followed. If you plan on purchasing a firearm, make sure you have the necessaries to  legally transport it home.

#38 dreamwaters

dreamwaters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Many thanks to the organizers and all the customers who came out and supported this great sale! I hope this becomes and annual event. Personally, I'm unlikely to have as big a volume of gear to unload as I did today (that took me 40 years to accumulate!), but there's always stuff that I need to offload, change for something different etc... so I'll be there again. Anyhow, the time of year is ideal - between hunting and fishing seasons, and well past the holidays. I'd vote for the same again next year! The guys from the gun club were super helpful to get all my stuff lugged in and set up - many thanks again. And thanks to the customers again - enjoy your new gear!
Dave

#39 eastriver

eastriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Yep, we had a great time. Lots of socializing as well as buying/selling of stuff. The place was absolutely full there for a while. Didn't sell all my stuff either, but will probably do a summer yard sale when the wx gets tolerable. Tnx to all who came out. Looks like it will turn in to an Annual affair.

#40 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1863 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

i was there at 1005 and the place was crammed full. could hardly get in. thanks to dreamwaters i got a few deals too. (i got the shotgun ammo boxes)

lots there to look at too

look forward to the next one

can i go hunting yet??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users