30 replies to this topic

#21 2547-removed

2547-removed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

We have been hunting with Mountain Top Outfitters out of the Codroy area for a while now.  Art and Debbie Ryan are great.   Areas 9 and 11.  Prices mentioned previous to this post are right on with what we are paying.  I won't be surprised if they go up due to the increasing value of the $USD relative to our loonie.  We also get our moose butchered and vacuum sealed right in the Codroy area.  We are headed back again the third week of October and are all really looking forward to the trip.

#22 MWO has left

MWO has left

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

have any of you guys heard of Jamie hilliard from codroy valley?  we are looking to go in 2016.

Heard nothing but good about them...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

#23 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

have any of you guys heard of Jamie hilliard from codroy valley?  we are looking to go in 2016.

buck on this site has used Jamie Hilliard   -   you need to know thing about Jamie then send buck a pm.  I am heading back to Mountain Top Outfitters this year.

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#24 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9153 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

I still don't agree with Canadians having to pay in US dollars to hunt ....IN CANADA !!...."Mericans, yes, but not us.

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#25 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1330 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

I still don't agree with Canadians having to pay in US dollars to hunt ....IN CANADA !!...."Mericans, yes, but not us.

+1

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#26 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Their expenses (guides, supplies, cooks, licenses, etc. etc. ) are in Canuck $$$'s so I agree 100%. 

#27 huntandfish

huntandfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

thx guys for the info. I will pm Buck.

#28 MWO has left

MWO has left

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

I emailed Jamie and got a reply yesterday. I inquired about a Moose Hunting possibility in 2016. He said his price is now up to 4K and that he might have a few openings and not to wait too long. I talked with a guide of his last year while at Mountain Top, they do very well, the guides at Mountain  Top also speak extremely highly of him. Mountain top is still $3500.00. Either choice would be a good choice.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

#29 huntandfish

huntandfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

I ended up booking with Jamie for 2nd week in 2016.  his price has gone up since my first talk with him but he is still in line or cheaper then most others.  I am from Ontario and our moose population has nosedived so there is more guys from here going to the rock as everyone says there are more moose then rabbits.  also, the two other outfitters I talked to were pretty much booked up so I bit the bullet.  thx for your advice its nice to get positive feedback as you don't want any unpleasant surprises when you get there. we sure are looking forward to the trip and will also be monitoring this thread to see how the hunt goes for this fall

#30 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Good to hear and you'll enjoy the "Rock".  Your only enemy may be the weather if fog and rain come in.  If you get a chance for a decent moose early in the week then take it as the weather may limit the number you see.   

#31 Gumshoe

Gumshoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationZone 109

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

Had some success in zone 8. First time moose hunting, first day, first shot. Saying I was excited is an understatement.

My hunting partner put a wood chip where I shot the moose and dropped him instantly.

image.jpg3_zpsrnrxrryx.jpg

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users