Sunday Hunting Public Consultation & Survey - Page 14 - Gone Hunting - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Sunday Hunting Public Consultation & Survey

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#261 goosehunter

goosehunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

I would love the opportunity to hunt on Sunday.

The key word here is opportunity

I pick and chose the days to hunt certain spots by weather conditions so a great day sometimes happens on Sunday

I may chose to not hunt Saturday to improve chances for Sunday.

Again Sunday hunting doesnt mean the woods and marshes will be flooded with people 

Its all about choice that we seem to have to fight tooth and nail for every step of the way

Waterfowl hunters are given a certain number of days to hunt so opening Sunday hunting will most definately shorten the season

The solution to that would be take another day through the week say Wednesday and close the marsh

Just my thoughts

#262 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

[quote name="Halftail" post="418465" timestamp="1425084887"]

aint that the truth

Hmmmmmmmmmm......Halftails if u read back through this thread.... u will see in fact that there are just as many posts made by other members on this subject as by myself.Of course those members are pro sunday hunting....so i guess they can post their thoughts over and over and thats perfectly ok.Yup....sounds about right.Sometimes u just got to like it or lump it right?u know what i mean im certain.Everyone has the rite to comment and voice their opinions....some just dont like what others have to say.Sorry for upsetting anyone with my posts.Cheers😊

#263 heavyweight

heavyweight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

Post away brother,and I love homemade saurkraut too,just sayin!
Its not the mountains ahead that may deter you from your goals,but merely the grain of sand in your shoe

#264 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Post away brother,and I love homemade saurkraut too,just sayin!

Thanks HW.And it is most certainly delicious....the waiting is the hardest part😊

#265 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

Ooooops!sorry i wasnt supposed to comment on this anymore.Back to listening to Rick Howe and making sauerkraut

Hey Backwater -  guess what?  Thanks for the tip -  just listened to ur buddy on the radio. Yep, Rick Howe re-broadcast of yesterday's show. He's so popular that they just had him on Sat. morning. Unfortunately I can't listen to him during the week because I'm at "work".  Ur sooo lucky to have the days off to tune into these shows. Interesting topic though - he interviewed Tony Rogers regarding Sunday Hunting. Rogers kept giving Howe good explanations to his questions but it was obvious that Howe not only doesn't like Sunday Hunting but all hunting.  A buddy of mine told me that Howe has quite often stated that he wants to see stronger gun laws and seems to be in love with "Justin". Howe mentioned that polls favor "no hunting on Sundays" but Rogers answered with facts about other polls are saying the opposite.  So Howe moved on to something else.  If ur ever wanting to meet Howe he's a local boy (from Fall River) and is known to frequent the local Sobey's quite often. There's no line-up to get his autograph (people seem to avoid him) so let me know if ya want his John Henry and I'll pay a local kid to get it. Do ya still get Oparah re-runs.  Rick Howe, Oparah and Sauerkraut what an interesting day although making sauerkraut does make sense.  btw - gonna do some Sunday Ice fishing tomorrow.  Hope the kraut turns out good - keep some weight on that barrel.  :)

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#266 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Hey Backwater - guess what? Thanks for the tip - just listened to ur buddy on the radio. Yep, Rick Howe re-broadcast of yesterday's show. He's so popular that they just had him on Sat. morning. Unfortunately I can't listen to him during the week because I'm at "work". Ur sooo lucky to have the days off to tune into these shows. Interesting topic though - he interviewed Tony Rogers regarding Sunday Hunting. Rogers kept giving Howe good explanations to his questions but it was obvious that Howe not only doesn't like Sunday Hunting but all hunting. A buddy of mine told me that Howe has quite often stated that he wants to see stronger gun laws and seems to be in love with "Justin". Howe mentioned that polls favor "no hunting on Sundays" but Rogers answered with facts about other polls are saying the opposite. So Howe moved on to something else. If ur ever wanting to meet Howe he's a local boy (from Fall River) and is known to frequent the local Sobey's quite often. There's no line-up to get his autograph (people seem to avoid him) so let me know if ya want his John Henry and I'll pay a local kid to get it. Do ya still get Oparah re-runs. Rick Howe, Oparah and Sauerkraut what an interesting day although making sauerkraut does make sense. btw - gonna do some Sunday Ice fishing tomorrow. Hope the kraut turns out good - keep some weight on that barrel. :)

Once again i appologize for offending anyone...i just mentioned the idea was being tossed around on the Howe show...... never said anything about supporting him or his show really.But i do enjoy listening to that station regardless of topic or host.Some interesting listening from both sides of the fence thats all regarding sunday hunting.As far as Oprah i used to watch her show years ago....but havent had cable or satelite in 8 yrs since building this last home...just a choice we made as a family.And yes...plenty of weight on the buckets lol....and perhaps i could tag along ice fishing tomorrow?Likely not eh Lol!!

#267 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Back to the sunday hunting survey!!!Onwards fellow outdoorsman!!:)

#268 Ian

Ian

Gone Fishing!

• Moderators
  • 1857 posts
  • LocationHRM & PEI

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

Colchester County Council rejects NS Forestry Association effort to oppose Sunday hunting.

Read the story here:

http://www.trurodail...unday-hunting/1

#269 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

Once again i appologize for offending anyone...i just mentioned the idea was being tossed around on the Howe show...... never said anything about supporting him or his show really.But i do enjoy listening to that station regardless of topic or host.Some interesting listening from both sides of the fence thats all regarding sunday hunting.As far as Oprah i used to watch her show years ago....but havent had cable or satelite in 8 yrs since building this last home...just a choice we made as a family.And yes...plenty of weight on the buckets lol....and perhaps i could tag along ice fishing tomorrow?Likely not eh Lol!!

Going to our honey hole tomorrow so not this this time. If you're serious I'll ping you when we go to Meadow Pond again -  probably closer to you if ur located  in the Valley. 

I might not agree with ur posts but don't mind drilling a few holes fer ya.

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#270 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Going to our honey hole tomorrow so not this this time. If you're serious I'll ping you when we go to Meadow Pond again - probably closer to you if ur located in the Valley.
I might not agree with ur posts but don't mind drilling a few holes fer ya.

:) I was just kidding magoo...but i sure do appreciate the offer....suprised the heck out of me actually lol!Im too soft nowadays to sit in the cold on a bucket waiting for a nibble.Thx again fer the offer though and good luck!

#271 goosehunter

goosehunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

I havent read this entire thread i will be honest but I think the subject is

DNR is thinking about lifting the ban on Sunday Hunting

Opinions are all over the map here 

This survey should have been sent to hunters only the ones that pay good hard earned money for licenses equipment etc

The ones that inject tens of thousands of dollars into our local economy

and the simple question should have been

Would you like the opportunity to hunt on Sunday YES NO

A comments section included

DNR will make the decision and they could have done so without polling the ever increasing anti s in our province

Dumass idea to let everyone vote on it

#272 Please Delete

Please Delete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm glad they opened up the voting to the non hunting public.  If there's a real legit reason for it not to happen, then it's good to discuss it and recognize it.  I dont see the vote as definitive decision on if it'll happen or not....I think they just want to hear peoples reasons.  If 70% of the "No's" state they dont want it because they want one day they can go in the woods and be safe....then the dnr may just toss that reasoning out of the discussion because hunting is safe activity.  The province isnt going to ban driving on sundays because people dont feel safe crossing streets. 

#273 Trapper Gary

Trapper Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4336 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

The other thing that may come out of this is give us a snap shot what info people are getting from the current education plans. It would be interesting to see the comments.
When non members do web searches on subjects, some times your opion posted on this site gets noticed, and can give another perspective !

#274 Trapper Gary

Trapper Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4336 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Since 80% of the people in ns live on one acre or less, it might show were more tax dollars are needed collected to carry out an effective education program, or create regulations tat they have some form of education before going onto forest property.

I hope we get to see the comments.
When non members do web searches on subjects, some times your opion posted on this site gets noticed, and can give another perspective !

#275 op-dog

op-dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationMargaree Cole Harbour East Dalhousie

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:14 PM

This is perplexing, on one side, I don't want to feel that we have been denied an opportunity to make our own choice by a bunch of antis who realy never voted against hunting on Sunday, but are truely anti gun and actually voted against any hunting at all. Like Marcus has already stated DNR can already rule out any "you'll shoot my eye out" theory because nobody has got their eye shot out. Unless this whole gammit is postured and they have included the antis to ensure that the vote is no flavored to ensure that the question was satisfied by a vote, but the outcome was predetermined by shear numbers alone. None of that, difficult as it is to concieve, is anywhere near as disappointing as haveing to think that we have been denied by our fellow hunters and outdoorsman. At this time in space, we should all know that the only way ahead is through solidarity. The fight we have to fight, is not with each other, but with those who oppose us and our ability to be free to choose to go afield. If you choose to not go afield, I support your choice, for what ever reason, but ahead of that, I support your ability to have that choice. If you, as a member of the hunting comunity, oppose hunting on Sunday, then I support your choice to not hunt on Sunday. I do not, however, accept your vote against letting the remainder of the hunting community to make their own choice, and therefore, I would have to consider you to be an anti, since you voted with them.  As far as voting against Sunday hunting to support the health of the deer herd, I believe that to be uneducated, unsubstantiated retoric, offered up without any science, to support some ghost story, scare tactic. Point in case, the mainland moose has been protected from any hunting pressure forever, and look how well they have rebounded. On the other extreme, the Highland herd population cannot be controlled. Apples and oranges you say, exactly I say, one has no bearing on the other. The opportunity to hunt on Sunday does not mean we have the right to hunt any species to extinction, nor does it mean we shall no longer be guided by rules and regulations that will continue to be enacted and enforced by those who do have the science to support these decisions. Of course, I'm not realy surprised by some of the members speaking out against Sunday hunting, as they have shown their anti hunter colors in previous posts.O 

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

The facts Ma'am, just the facts. - Sergeant Joe Friday

#276 Ian

Ian

Gone Fishing!

• Moderators
  • 1857 posts
  • LocationHRM & PEI

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

Looks like the folks opposed to hunting on Sundays don't like the survey DNR has on the go!

Read the article at CBC News.....

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...g-ban-1.2978006

The comments should be interesting!

#277 Waye Out There

Waye Out There

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3469 posts
  • LocationJeddore

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

I havent read this entire thread i will be honest but I think the subject is

DNR is thinking about lifting the ban on Sunday Hunting

Opinions are all over the map here 

This survey should have been sent to hunters only the ones that pay good hard earned money for licenses equipment etc

The ones that inject tens of thousands of dollars into our local economy

and the simple question should have been

Would you like the opportunity to hunt on Sunday YES NO

A comments section included

DNR will make the decision and they could have done so without polling the ever increasing anti s in our province

Dumass idea to let everyone vote on it

DNR doesn't get to make the decision on this one, it will require a majority vote from the goverment because it is part of the Wildlife Act and not just a regulation.

#278 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Ian, it seems CBC News Nova Scotia has buried that story on their website, and although you can still link to it from the hotlink in your post above, all the comments are now gone. Or they were just a second ago when I checked.

Perhaps the comments in support of ending the ban on Sunday hunting, and posts from hunters and non-hunters countering the wild, unfounded claims and fears declared by some, didn't follow the line of feedback they believed they'd get? I was happy to see the number of supportive comments that were posted as I would have thought it opinion would be heavily against.   

#279 Bloonoser

Bloonoser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

In regards to lifting the ban on Sunday hunting I'd like to add that my Sabbath is on Saturday and as a result it has been impossible to for me to hunt on the weekends. All laws and traditions evolved to suit a particular time and context; our world is changing, populations and cultures are moving and at times laws need to change to best reflect current mores. No individual should be excluded based upon religion, even in recreational activities.

#280 novacam

novacam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationColchester

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

Ian, it seems CBC News Nova Scotia has buried that story on their website, and although you can still link to it from the hotlink in your post above, all the comments are now gone. Or they were just a second ago when I checked.

Perhaps the comments in support of ending the ban on Sunday hunting, and posts from hunters and non-hunters countering the wild, unfounded claims and fears declared by some, didn't follow the line of feedback they believed they'd get? I was happy to see the number of supportive comments that were posted as I would have thought it opinion would be heavily against.

ALW, great opening comment on CBC's story!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users