33 replies to this topic

#1 hairy_one

hairy_one

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2162 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

I have just learned of the passing of a dear friend and long time member of this site. John Webber...aka Huntwisely...has passed away today. He was an avid archer and archery instructor who worked tirelessly to promote all aspect of the outdoors with special interest in archery. John was always willing to do anything he could to support people in their pursuit of joining the archery community. He was instrumental in helping me establish an archery club at my school which in turn introduced many new archers to our sport. A great man and a dear friend...I will truly miss you John but will never forget you.

Butch

#2 Tokala

Tokala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • LocationCumberland County

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

This is sad news, RIP Huntwisely your respectful demeanour and vast knowledge will be missed. Happy Hunting
"We are a part of nature and not above it" - Grey Owl

#3 Please Delete

Please Delete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

I was very sad to hear about John's passing earlier today.  He was a dedicated man to the bow hunters and hunters of nova scotia....and he was one of the good guys for sure.  

#4 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1750 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

This is sad news, RIP Huntwisely your respectful demeanour and vast knowledge will be missed. Happy Hunting

Well said -  even though I didn't know the man I respected his thoughtful posts on this site. 

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

My deepest condolences to his family. He displayed nothing but class on this site. A true loss to the site and the hunting community at large.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 Radar

Radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationEast Lawrencetown, NS

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

My sincere condolences go out to his family and to the archery community. I never met him personally, but he had much wisdom to share and he was, I feel, well respected. RIP John

#7 Shawn B

Shawn B

NSFAH Fundraising Coordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationNew Germany / Union Square (zone 103)

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

John was always an outspoken advocate of the outdoors and specifically traditional archery. It is extremely sad to hear of his passing. Its a hard day for the NS hunting community. My thoughts are with his family and friends tonight, 

#8 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9143 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

My heartfelt condolences go out to John's family.

John was a helluva great guy and a true friend !  I chatted with him a couple of months ago.....he said he was hoping to stop by on one of his trips down to hospital, and have a yarn, sadly that'll never happen. 
His wisdom and knowledge was passed on to many a new archer as well as many seasoned vets.

If there are winged archers guarding the pearly gates......St. Peter....you got the best of the best. ! ! !
RIP old friend, your battle is done. You'll be sadly missed........Kevin

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#9 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

Sad to hear. Never new the guy personally, but it was quick to see he had years of experience that will be missed. Huntwisely all.

#10 ducknuts

ducknuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationCaribou Marsh, CB

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Very sad news, RIP HW

Just one well placed arrow saves a lot of unnecessary exercise
Posted Image

#11 MWO has left

MWO has left

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

Met him at several AGM's, was at the same table with him at DNR when the XBow inclusions were being discussed, talked to him on the phone over the years as well. He was an excellent man with strong opinions that he supported articulately. Sad story.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

#12 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

Happy to know him...Sad to lose him. 

RIP brother.

Sincerest condolences to his many friends and family.

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#13 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

RIP Huntwisely. We'll miss your posts and contributions. Enjoy the hunting!

#14 nsfisher

nsfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

I got this from a post this morning on Bears East Adv.   for John

The Arrow and the Song
BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend

#15 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

Terrible news about John. I met him through this site at a couple of the Meet &Greets that were held at Maple Mountain. After that I bumped into him in town a couple of times and we would talk  about our shared interests in the woods etc. A couple of times Deb was waiting for me in the truck and wanted to know what took me so long. What should have been a 5 minute trip into the store took a half hour. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him. Sad to think I won't get the chance to talk with him again.  A true gentlemen and dedicated woodsman/hunter.  My thoughts go out to his close friends and family. >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#16 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

RIP John huntwisely my friend .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#17 alpo

alpo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

Very sad news indeed. Like so many others I thank John for helping introduce me an my son to trad archery and the craft of bow making, and for his commitment to teaching good woodsman-ship. RIP John

#18 Lsimms

Lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationPrinceport

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

Rip John. Only met the man once but am saddened that I won't get to speak with him again. Condolences to his family. Another good one gone, but never forgotten

#19 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

John was one of the original members of this site,he came to many bow shoots and made a lot of friends along the way,I don't know of anyone he met that would forget him Lol.IM going to miss him at the bow shoots,him razzing me about the wheels on my bow,and me returning a razzing about him shooting a tree branch ..rip HUNTWISELY...
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#20 Camel

Camel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

RIP HW. My condolences to family and friends.He will be missed by the hunting and archery communities and by many others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users