A True Friend And Woodsman Has Passed - Page 2 - Personal Tributes - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

A True Friend And Woodsman Has Passed

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

It was always a treat to bump into John.  You knew you were in for a good discussion on everything outdoors.  A gentleman, an old school outdoorsman, and a guy that always worked hard for the hunting community's interest.  I'll miss exchanging our stories and of course our friendly debates.  Rest in peace John.

I never killed a buck with the shot I didn't take!

#22 Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBear River, Nova Scotia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

John Webber was a good friend to me and a great friend and valuable resource to the Nova Scotia archery and hunting community. His dedication to various groups and his passion towards youth involvement, whether it was working the kids airgun booth at the Sports Show, working towards getting archery established in different schools or anything where kids could enjoy the great outdoors and different sports was very admirable. He was very knowledgeable, strong willed, stubborn, opinionated and he used all these things to the benefit of everyone, whether you agreed with his stance on a subject or not, he always had the best interest of the hunting community in mind and for that reason I had and always will have, a high amount of respect for him. We have lost one of the good guys, but we were blessed to have him for the time we did. Today, instead of mourning him, let's thank him for all he did. THANK YOU JOHN! You will be missed, but never forgotten.

#23 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2462 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Whenever I saw him or heard his name the image of him drawing and shooting a bow always came to mind.

He contributed a lot to the NS hunting community and will be missed. Glad to have known him.

#24 Chesador

Chesador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

R.I.P. John. Condolences to his family and friends.

#25 Food Plotter

Food Plotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1085 posts
  • Locationporters lake

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Sad ,Sad day met John a few times great with the kids...Condolences to his family...

#26 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Had the pleasue of meeting John once. He took the time to meet the family at the archery club and let us take a look around. Unfortunately his health would not let him walk the course but he waited as we did and then he opened the clubhouse, brought out the bows, and let the kids shoot for a little bit. 

Didn't always agree with his opinion online but man it was easy to tell he was a woodsman through and through. Being as I didn't have a mentor growing up John would of been one that I would of been honored to follow.

RIP Huntwisely.  

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

#27 LaHaves Salmon Flies

LaHaves Salmon Flies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationMiddleton NS

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

RIP John you will be missed my friend

Bowtech Assassin

Husqvarna M38 6.5X55mm

Baikal double 16 ga

#28 jasonj1

jasonj1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationProspect Area, Halifax

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

R I P John,.... iam lost for words, My heart stoped for a min when I first heard the news of what happened, like I heard someone say,.... A hunter don't die, he just gos deeper in the woods....

#29 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

John was one of the original members of this site,he came to many bow shoots and made a lot of friends along the way,I don't know of anyone he met that would forget him Lol.IM going to miss him at the bow shoots,him razzing me about the wheels on my bow,and me returning a razzing about him shooting a tree branch ..rip HUNTWISELY...

I only met him face to face once.We did a transaction.I came away with a feeling of respect for him after only an hours yarn.RIP John Webber

If you can't convince them,confuse them.

#30 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Rest in peace Huntwisely , condolences to your family , the outdoors community has lost another great voice and source of knowledge for the next generation.

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#31 willy

willy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationYarmouth

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

R.I.P. John,the hunting groups have lost another one.

#32 Justin

Justin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

John was reason I was able to squeeze in a bow course on short notice. I remember chatting with him and enjoyed his story's. RIP John. Your love of archery will carry on in us all

#33 flippert

flippert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHarmony , nova scotia

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

You will be missed John, was nice running into you at the archery shoots and making fun of my wheels on my bow, the ns archery comunity has lost a great Freind .

#34 dave

dave

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

Very sorry to hear of John's passing.  I had the pleasure of meeting John on a several occasions over the years and he was a quality individual.  RIP John - happy hunting.

Site Founder, Web Developer/Entrepreneur, and work from home Dad.
Listen to The Maritime Outdoorsman Podcast Show
Learn more about me at www.DaveDoggett.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users