Ducks Unlimited Dinner Elmsdale - Fund Raising News & Events - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Ducks Unlimited Dinner Elmsdale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldducker

oldducker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • LocationLantz

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Just a heads up that there will be a Ducks Unlimited Dinner on March 5,2011 to be held at the Elmsdale Legion.Doors will open at 6 and Dinner starts at 7pm

Couples tickets $50.00
Single $35.00

Tickets are limited and are to be bought in advance

#2 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

Didn't think that they got very much support anymore since they turned anti-hunting and began soliciting most of their money from little old ladies. Thought everyone was on board with Delta :unsure:

#3 oldducker

oldducker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • LocationLantz

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

Absolutely correct HFXHunter- have to agree with you. If your anti gun control , pro youth,pro hunting then perhaps Delta Waterfowl is the better fit. However with that said, if seperating little old ladies from their tea and dollars- provides conservation areas for waterfowl then make mine Red Rose- because waterfowl need wetlands not Tim Horton parking lots.LOL There is a place for both organizations and truth be told many folk who support one support the other . On another positive note Delta Waterfowls public presence has been steadliy increasing. 5 years ago people would say "Whats a Delta Waterfowl?" Thanks to our local Chapters such as Nova Delta Waterfowl and their nest building inititives, youth hunting education seminars and Event participation such as the RV Show and their dinner fundraisers-more and more people seem to be getting what we are all about.

Not to get off track - March 5 at the elmsdale legion dinner for 50.00 doors open at 6 tickets must be purchased in advance.

#4 oldducker

oldducker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • LocationLantz

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Delta Waterfowl president Rob Olsen is also a DU member :D

#5 Duck

Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationStonewall MB

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

However with that said, if seperating little old ladies from their tea and dollars- provides conservation areas for waterfowl then make mine Red Rose- because waterfowl need wetlands not Tim Horton parking lots.LOL There is a place for both organizations and truth be told many folk who support one support the other!!!

Well put OldDucker!!!!

Miss or no miss, I saw him, I heard the wind whistle through his set wings as he came honking out of the gray west, and I felt him so that even now I tingle at the recollection.

Aldo Leopold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users