8 replies to this topic

#1 Please Delete

Please Delete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Sometimes my dog seems excited and he "clicks" his teeth in a rapid sequence....what is that?

#2 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

He's speaking to you in Morse Code :lol:

#3 birdboy

birdboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Locationpictou

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

my cat does the same thing when he sees a bird outsde.

#4 Halftail

Halftail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationBarrington,NS

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

He's speaking to you in Morse Code :lol:

Ha ha
If you can't convince them,confuse them.

#5 Please Delete

Please Delete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

That was my thought too...but no females here except human ladies. Maybe it is morse code...and I should be using it as a warning. :lol:

#6 buckandbow

buckandbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationTantallon

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

my female beagle does that sometimes also,she is diabetic so thought it might be things out of balance but the vet said alot of dogs do it and nothing to worry about......I guess he did not know :blink:
The one thing a public servant hates to do is to serve the public!

#7 Black Feather

Black Feather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

This is common with animals that get worked up, see what a bear does when you have him treed with the hounds barking treed. Posted Image It is a rush when you got to go lease your dogs with no gun. This is in training season for racoons but it didn,t matter to the hounds. I guess they didn,t read the rule book.Posted Image

my female beagle does that sometimes also,she is diabetic so thought it might be things out of balance but the vet said alot of dogs do it and nothing to worry about......I guess he did not know Posted Image

#8 slinkey

slinkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

My lab did it all the time when we where out duckibg my buddy thought he was cold but i know he was just to excited to wait.should have seen the look on his face when we missed.RIP rocky i had to put him down last summer and i still miss him :( wish he was still here starring at me.It's still hard for me to think of getting a nether one.
Posted Image
You can see the missing fur on his chest in this pick i spent alot of money on him and was getting nowhere with him but i still fill for some reason i could of did more man i miss my dog my best friend.

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12243 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

That was my thought too...but no females here except human ladies. Maybe it is morse code...and I should be using it as a warning. :lol:

I have never seen this so asked a friend who is a breeder and he indicated about the female in heat or if there is no female around to keep a close eye on the dog since something is stressing it and should be removed from it's enviroment. He mentioned a case of one dog he trained was scared of seeing himself in the stainless dog dish and would do this and would become very anxious and upset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users