Gun Owners Are In The Sights Of Rcmp .....again - Rifle/Guns - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Gun Owners Are In The Sights Of Rcmp .....again

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 jimmerp

jimmerp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Locationvalley

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

It only took a few days since election but gun control has been brought up to the front of Canadian news media. I clicked on the "politics" tab of cbc news online at lunch time and what is the top headine?? SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES EASILY CONVERTED TO FULL AUTO..  Info for the story was gathered after the Moncton shootings but hey I guess now is the time to get the public going if you want to win the gun control debate in a new Liberal Canada ... SO IF You care about the shooting sports you best join and SUPPORT a firearms organization because the ANTIS have started their gameplan allready!!

#2 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

It only took a few days since election but gun control has been brought up to the front of Canadian news media. I clicked on the "politics" tab of cbc news online at lunch time and what is the top headine?? SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES EASILY CONVERTED TO FULL AUTO..  Info for the story was gathered after the Moncton shootings but hey I guess now is the time to get the public going if you want to win the gun control debate in a new Liberal Canada ... SO IF You care about the shooting sports you best join and SUPPORT a firearms organization because the ANTIS have started their gameplan allready!!

So many that voted Liberal, so many that seen the pointless cost of a gun registry, so many wanting change, jobs, etc. Start this again and big box stores, small outlets will again close. Many jobs lost. How does that help turn the economy around. It will not take much to have a negative impact on these stores. I guess I do not see it. Obama has stressed that the influx of refugees has changed from what believed to be women and children to a higher percentage now of adult males, a very big concern that some maybe lone wolfs of terrorists cells. Which could be more concerning, hunters, farmers with rifles or increasing the influx of refugees immediately by 25000 and the possibility that one is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Many Canadians now have no doctors, no homes, shelter, nor food. Many seniors live on less than what a refugee will be granted per month once they arrive. I am not against helping those in need, but what about or own, city streets of people in cardboard boxes. Burns my A$$ that many of us have less rights than those coming in. Oh you just ruined my day, thanks. 

#3 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

So many that voted Liberal, so many that seen the pointless cost of a gun registry, so many wanting change, jobs, etc. Start this again and big box stores, small outlets will again close. Many jobs lost. How does that help turn the economy around. It will not take much to have a negative impact on these stores. I guess I do not see it. Obama has stressed that the influx of refugees has changed from what believed to be women and children to a higher percentage now of adult males, a very big concern that some maybe lone wolfs of terrorists cells. Which could be more concerning, hunters, farmers with rifles or increasing the influx of refugees immediately by 25000 and the possibility that one is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Many Canadians now have no doctors, no homes, shelter, nor food. Many seniors live on less than what a refugee will be granted per month once they arrive. I am not against helping those in need, but what about or own, city streets of people in cardboard boxes. Burns my A$$ that many of us have less rights than those coming in. Oh you just ruined my day, thanks.

I can not disagree with any of this post. Just look at this province. Replacing those who have moved away to make a living with waves of Chinese immigrants and subsidizing the crap out of them once they arrive. Forget trying to turn the economic fortunes of the region around with good governance......this is much easier.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#4 bentleybuddy

bentleybuddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFalmouth Hants co.N S

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:47 PM

Maybe the other party that got booted out wasn, t all that bad

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

wasn't the party, it was the leader. If they had not still had Harper at the helm, they may still be in power.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 glendaler

glendaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

https://firearmrights.ca/en/

https://www.youtube....h?v=1_suRWVKVq0

Stumbled across this.

If you watch the video and if what he says is true they seem to have their act together, ready to hit the ground running as he says. There was more to the website but they must be getting really close to launching it so they just have the one page up now. It seems really professional and all but there are a few things i'm not totally on board with. They're going to go after concealed carry which I'm not too keen on, and i believe they want full autos and other such prohibs to be available to people with restricted licenses if I understand correctly, basically no prohibited class at all. Seems like lofty goals when some of the more basic stuff is lacking.

anyway, just something to look at if your looking for a group to support. I'm pretty sure this guy was working with the people that got the Swiss arms rifles de-reclassified.

#7 Four Mile

Four Mile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

Semi Auto's have been in the sights of anti gun folks for years and now with the Liberals having a majority in Ottawa things could definitely go their way.The way things work normally is that something is banned and then the folks pushing it go further and get somrthing else banned and so on,and so on.(ex:Political correctness/Free speech etc.).

Soon there'll be scores of semi autos for sale at bargain basement prices as folks get afraid that their favorite BAR,Model 100 etc.will put them on the fast track to a criminal record.

Hopefully I'm wrong but it seems that's the way it works.

#8 Wayne

Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

Gotta start putting the some cash away, I see there is going to be a lot of good buy's coming up.

The Little A$$h0!& could have at least waited till he was sworn in, could be a loooong 4 years!

Things that I have witnessed over the last 20-40 years. Society has become devoid of common sense and reasoning skills. Idiots breeding more idiots who are led by the nose through simple flashing lights from their iphones and other gadgets. Not only are they told what to think and what to do all under the BS of " social connectedness" but they pay a monthly fee for it.

#9 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3306 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

Gotta start putting the some cash away, I see there is going to be a lot of good buy's coming up.

The Little A$$h0!& could have at least waited till he was sworn in, could be a loooong 4 years!

Unfortunately like last time law abiding gun owners will be put over a barrel. They know many will not be hanging onto stuff when the threat is prison time.

#10 Strato50

Strato50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Within 4 Years shooting sports and firearm ownership will no longer exist in Canada, the Liberals are going to finish the Social Engineering experiment they started back in the 90's.

#11 mikez

mikez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationW Jeddore

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

As I have posted elsewhere...

We are a community of 2m license holders out of 17m voters.

We have the numbers to make a difference.

The only way to exercise any influence now is to join the Liberal Party and try to elicit change from the inside

Time for us all to stop whining on the sidelines and do something active

I know - makes me wanna puke too, but if we get enough shooting enthusiasts to join we can influence policy

You wait here and I'll go and call Rusty - Friendly Giant

If firearms cause crime, all of mine are defective - Ted Nugent

#12 001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationO

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

start digging a hole to put your guns in

#13 Strato50

Strato50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

And here we go, to all those who thought voting Liberal would not make a difference think again. The RCMP are coming after the SKS's and many other Semi's....they certainly did not waste anytime. Nothing to do with public safety just revenge plain and simple.....just joined the CSSA today!

https://www.facebook...=message_bubble

#14 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

Time to join the liberal party as well. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as the saying goes.

#15 JohnHope

JohnHope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

I know I will be labeled an anti, but aside from the lost monetary value of a possession I have no issue with a ban on SKS rifles. I have no idea why they are necessary to have, and the bayonet makes them look worse. I get that people like shooting them, they are cheap to buy, and people see this as the thin edge of the wedge, but because I use guns for hunting the loss of the SKS is not meaningful to me. And to be honest I think that is part of the issue. There may may be 2m gun owners, but I wonder how many would actually lament the loss of SKS and other semi-auto rifles that are not made for hunting.

Pile on.

John

#16 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

Of the supposed 2000,000 gun owners , if **** came to shove, how many would you expect to fight for your right to own " so called" hunting guns? Just the hunters? It is this simple......." United we stand, divided we fall". Attitudes such as yours in the gun community is a means to our end imo.

#17 Strato50

Strato50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHalifax

I know I will be labeled an anti, but aside from the lost monetary value of a possession I have no issue with a ban on SKS rifles. I have no idea why they are necessary to have, and the bayonet makes them look worse. I get that people like shooting them, they are cheap to buy, and people see this as the thin edge of the wedge, but because I use guns for hunting the loss of the SKS is not meaningful to me. And to be honest I think that is part of the issue. There may may be 2m gun owners, but I wonder how many would actually lament the loss of SKS and other semi-auto rifles that are not made for hunting.

Pile on.

John

John ,

you are certainly entitled to your opinion but the SKS is often used as a Hunting Rifle too and do you think they will stop with the Semi's? Australia is already trying to ban lever action Rifles and you can expect the same here....it will be a slippery slope.

#18 Strato50

Strato50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Of the supposed 2000,000 gun owners , if **** came to shove, how many would you expect to fight for your right to own s" so called" hunting guns? Just the hunters? It is this simple......." United we stand, divided we fall". Attitudes such as yours in the gun community is a means to our end imo.

Completely agree!

#19 Dagwood

Dagwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationDartmouth, NS

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

Pile on.

John

Today it may only be SKSs, but tomorrow it will be them coming after your "sniper rifle", or your "high powered Magnum shotgun". We either stand together as a group today, or there will be nobody left to stand up for you tomorrow.

You may not see why anyone would want an SKS, and to be honest neither do I, but the same people coming after those don't see any need for you to own high powered rifles or shotguns, either.

#20 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

On the SKS issue, I have one. Many of friends have one. We don't have them for hunting although I have taken mine out for it but never shot anything with it yet. That doesn't make them useless as a gun.

There's more to owning guns than just hunting. It's like saying people shouldn't have ATVs because they're not useful for getting to work on the highway anyway so who needs it. We use our SKS rifles to have a good time at the range. But I guess if you only believe guns are for hunting then the most use of range time is just zeroing and practicing single precise shots. We like taking the SKS out just for the sake of plinking targets, which is actually a practice in some ways.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users