9 replies to this topic

#1 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

what was going to be a TBT post on my FB page...turned into a short story.....thought it might fit nicely here. Time heals most wounds...what we cannot heal will kill us....so we must keep on keeping on.....this was quite a few years ago.....I have buried the bad but continue to cherish the good memories...!

http://www.beas-outd...s/the-last-hunt

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#2 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Very nice Bea, thanks for sharing. The woods definitely has a way of letting one escape from their troubles for a while.

Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#3 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1750 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

Great article to share and sorry for the loss of your brother even though as you say it was quite a few years ago.  

It's hard for some to understand the lure of the woods, the hunt and being in nature and the relation to loved ones not around. My father went suddenly a number of years ago and way too young (51) but I never forget the opportunities he gave and taught me to hunt and fish.  

Time does heal but to reminisce the good memories puts a person in a happy place  ............  especially deep in the woods or drifting in a boat. 

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#4 50 cal

50 cal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Locationwoods

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

The woods has healed some wounds in the past for me as well

Thanks for sharing your story 

#5 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Great article to share and sorry for the loss of your brother even though as you say it was quite a few years ago.  

It's hard for some to understand the lure of the woods, the hunt and being in nature and the relation to loved ones not around. My father went suddenly a number of years ago and way too young (51) but I never forget the opportunities he gave and taught me to hunt and fish.  

Time does heal but to reminisce the good memories puts a person in a happy place  ............  especially deep in the woods or drifting in a boat. 

I'll second that !

every man will die...but not every man will have lived...http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/index.html

#6 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Nice!

My grandfathers, my father, and my brother are all gone. Hunting mentors and buddies all.

But I can honestly say I still feel them with me in the woods every hunt, and even more so when it is now my son and I together. My successes are their legacy. My memories of time afield in their company are my most treasured trophies.

#7 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9143 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

Nice !!!

When you can get lost in your own mind for a few seconds, and remember an hours worth of memories in that fleeting pause..you do that over and over...sometimes you chuckle to your self, or smile for no apparent reason to anyone else,  and people look at you like ???...then my friends....life was worth it !

Drift silently...cast stealthily.... Best of luck Roger !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#8 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2462 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:27 AM

nice writing.

#9 long-gone

long-gone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4200 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:52 AM

thanks guys.......

#10 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:22 PM

Very nice bea.

Glad you found some peace.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

0 user(s) are reading this topic