#1 mack11

mack11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1467 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

Curious if anyone owns or has shot the Remington Model 700 Muzzle Loader. What are your thoughts.

#2 deadeyes

deadeyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1605 posts
  • Locationamherst

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

is that the one which takes the special primer? if it is stay away from it as the primers are hard to find local and expensive if you do. go with a muzzle loader which uses 209 shotgun primers can get them just about everywhere and pretty reasonable in price.

#3 Trapper Gary

Trapper Gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4336 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

I have a Remington 700. Bought the powder pellets and primer in Truro . I found to make sure to put a wire pin through the primer hole before each shot. If you don't it will fowl quickly . An inexpensive fire arm .
When non members do web searches on subjects, some times your opion posted on this site gets noticed, and can give another perspective !

#4 hotwire

hotwire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationAuburn, Kings County, Nova Scotia

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

I don't own an in-line muzzle loader But from what I have read the CVA rifles are good quality and not too expensive as far as the in-line guns go. I will stick with my Trade Rifle and the single 12 ga Traditions guns I have . If I ever buy an other muzzie I will get a Lyman Great Plains Flint lock and in a Shotgun some brand of sxs with screw in choke tubes . I bought my rifle years ago as a kit gun and use it hunting to put a bit more challenge into hunting. No scope on it and maximum load is 100gr of FFG powder. My gun likes loads of 50 , 70 and 90 grains of FFG behind a .490 patched round ball or R.E.A.L.cast led bullet . I have never used a sabot in it and have only ever used loose blk powder , Geox is the brand and if what I have read is true I may try some Black Horn powder in it as this is about the same as Pyrodex from what I have read.
Teach others to enjoy and respect nature.

#5 sharky66

sharky66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

I had a hard time acquiring one local last year and ended up purchasing it from Cabelas in Moncton. I researched a lot of muzzies online before the purchase and decided to go with it. Using it with the recommended load (4 triple 7 pellets) the remington sabots and primers this gun is lethal. Accuracy is comparable to any center firing rifle i've ever used 2 and a half wholes at a 100yrds without any cleaning between shots. look at it on you tube and decide for yourself but in my opinion this gun claims being the "ultimate" is in no way an under statement. Lots of hitting power,accurate,minimal cleaning and out to 300 yrds wow, you won't be disappointed with it other than it is a little pricey......mine was almost $1700 with bullets,primers,powder,strap,scope mounts and Leapold 3x9x40 scope. This is by far the funnest gun i've ever owned....even use it during general season,it's that much fun to shoot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users