#1 CoyoteCaper

CoyoteCaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Just wondering what everyone uses to hold their 209 caps, i have been lugging them around in the box they came in but need something a little smaller and maybe waterproof. Was thinking a pill case, can these caps be put in a container together like that?

Just my .02 cents, no charge......

#2 ALW

ALW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

I keep/store my 209 primers in their original package in my muzzleloader dry box, and use the original pack while shooting at the range.

For hunting I use the T/C primer caddy, which includes a square soft red rubber holder that holds nine 209 primers and can be tossed in a pocket, as well as a three primer red rubber holder with bead chain that allows you to hang it off a zipper pull on your coat for fast access. The primer faces are exposed to the weather, same as they'd be in a shotgun shell in a shell belt, but I don't generally carry the ML when it is torrential rain. The soft rubber holds the primers securely, but they pop out easily. I really like these for carrying a few extra primers in the field in case a follow up shot is required. 

They are/were pretty inexpensive. I picked up 2 packs for $3.99/ea from Londero Sports when I was buying my ML accessories. I've seen them advertised at Cabelas too. 

#3 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1859 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

Years ago I was working in a recycling plant and a box of discolored plastic bottles (not expanded) came in. I asked if I could get a few. I got a milk crate full with discolored plastic caps. I store em in there as it's water tight and sealed so I can see if anyone has played with it
can i go hunting yet??

#4 Mercer

Mercer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationLawrencetown

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

I also you the T/C Primer caddy. I throw that in a small baggie and they stay nice and dry

#5 mcaoidh

mcaoidh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

Primers should only be stored in their original packaging.  

Primers should never be handled, used, or stored in bulk, since primers in bulk can explode simultaneously. The placing of primers in tubes or columns, or using other bulk systems in which the explosion of any one primer may cause the explosion of all others, is a potentially hazardous condition. 

This is from 

http://www.saami.org...201-Primers.pdf

#6 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2709 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

I use the T/C Primer caddy as well, better than listening to primers rattling in the original box when moving.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#7 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

I was carrying my 209 primers in a pill bottle ,but found they made a bit of noise as i walked back to my stand .So when i came back from todays hunt , i dug through the odds and ends on my workbench and found a long strip of rubber .Figured out the right sized drill bit and drilled a row of hole down the piece of rubber .The primers fit in tight enough to hold ,but easy enough to push out from the back side (what can i say , i like to do things myself, but mostly i'm cheap :)
Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#8 Long Range

Long Range

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationHant county

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

I keep them in there original pack laying flat in my pack, they don't make a sound and yes put them in a plastic bag to keep them dry. :D.

#9 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'll toss in another vote for the TC primer caddy.

#10 DavidRM

DavidRM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

they are warter proof right out of the box they will work after a three days in the bottom off a glass of water ( try it ) I use Winchester but others brands probely work just as well. in a pill bottle with bathroom tissue stuffing to keep them apart or simply stuck to a magnet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users