#141 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

Way back and I mean way back when I was in early school. Representatives from CFW would come into the classrooms a couple of times a year and do talks about specific animals/birds and leave us all a pamphlet of each. If you missed the session you could write them and for postage they would send you the pamphlet you missed

Why was that important was there was a chart where you checked off each pamphlet and when you got the set you received a package from them like hat, t-shirt pencils etc

They were Hinterland who who ?? on the pamphlets like this example and TV ran commercials of the same

Do you old dudes remember this

They seem they are still involved even today with schools but online now

http://www.hww.ca/en/educators.html

http://www.hww.ca/en/wildlife/mammals/

7mRhtJT.jpg

#142 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2463 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

I recall the pamphlets in the school library, thats it.

Never knew they were still around - thanks for posting.

#143 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

I remember the tv comercials. In fact I think they are still on. I saw a couple not to long ago on frogs, ravens and the boreal forest itself.      >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#144 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:03 AM

I do remember seeing the booklets also. Hinterland who's who was always around when we were growing up, even today as pete mentioned !!  Don't remember any folks coming to the school and talking about their cause tho  sad.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#145 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

They still make those and I always find them quite informative....

https://www.youtube....h?v=Dg-r-S0fIkA

Rob

#146 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Joyrider, ….LOL.....I sure remember the music. Its what makes it almost authentic.      >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#147 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11410 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:36 AM

I do remember seeing the booklets also. Hinterland who's who was always around when we were growing up, even today as pete mentioned !!  Don't remember any folks coming to the school and talking about their cause tho  sad.png

Christ did you get at least TB stamps down there from the government in school LOL with that metal stamp thing and I though we were in the woods LOL

Here it was Ahh ma I don't want to. Listen now you be a good boy and get the stamp and when you come home I will give you a quarter for a big bottle of pop

What if I get the stamp three times ma smile.png Go ahead it will kill you sad.png and one of my troubles will be over :(

FtCFaEm.jpg

#148 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

see them crack spiders all the time in fairview and sprytown....lmao

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users