#1 novacam

novacam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationColchester

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

Well, I have a bad habit of buying stuff and then selling it, which I did with my first CVA loader. I picked up a TC Impact package last week and can't wait to use it. I might not use it this year but I'm realizing with a young family that Saturday is no longer a given so I'll use it after work on weekdays next season. Can't wait to try it out.

#2 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

Well, I have a bad habit of buying stuff and then selling it, which I did with my first CVA loader. I picked up a TC Impact package last week and can't wait to use it. I might not use it this year but I'm realizing with a young family that Saturday is no longer a given so I'll use it after work on weekdays next season. Can't wait to try it out.

You will like the impact. I have one with the cerekote stainless barrel and action. Cci magnum primer, 250 gr hornady sst and 95 gr black horn 209 makes mine a very accurate weapon.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#3 CoyoteCaper

CoyoteCaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

nomad do you find the gun is hard to break open after you fire a few shots, I had it at the range and had to use the wooden handle of my hammer to open the action, I took it home and cleaned it up and it was smoothly operating again. I'm not real fussy on the locking mechanism on them, I figure some blowback is gumming it up. Have you or anyone else reading this experienced this issue. Any tips appreciated. The gun is accurate, has a nice feel and shoulders well but not a complete fan yet.......

Just my .02 cents, no charge......

#4 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

Actually, mine was stiff to open for a while but seems to be breaking in. Incredibly accurate rifle though.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#5 novacam

novacam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationColchester

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Only thing I don't like is the breech plug. CVA was finger tight, TC needs the wrench. This is probably a better design, just not as convenient I guess.

#6 Wayne

Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I am using the same load as nomad except only 90 gr of BH209 and it shoots fantastic at a 100 yds. Just got some scorpion pt golds in 240 gr but not going to try them till after the season. Shoots great and don't want to mess with it.

I have gone through a little over a container of bh209 and it is getting easier to break open. I have shot as much as 7 shots without cleaning and no problems with accuracy.

Things that I have witnessed over the last 20-40 years. Society has become devoid of common sense and reasoning skills. Idiots breeding more idiots who are led by the nose through simple flashing lights from their iphones and other gadgets. Not only are they told what to think and what to do all under the BS of " social connectedness" but they pay a monthly fee for it.

#7 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5103 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Only thing I don't like is the breech plug. CVA was finger tight, TC needs the wrench. This is probably a better design, just not as convenient I guess.

I bought 2 extra breech plugs for mine.i don't mind the way the plug installs but this is my first one. Maybe I don't know what I am missing.

#8 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

My buddy has the impact and he loves the gun.  As others have mentioned, it was hard to open.  A light scrubbing under the hood with some super fine sand paper seemed to help out as it opens easier now.  His load of choice/or what works best in his gun is 100 gr (vol) of BH209, a win primer and a 300 gr Hornady SST.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users