#41 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

Deadly on flowers,tried scoot,deer away etc etc.Sprayed with bobex one evening,next morning all the roses were gone.
Then purchased a scarecrow ( a motion activated sprinkler) scares them away every time,but you have to make sure the battery doesn't die lol. We have the back yard covered buy four of these.Last year ( first time in six years) we had tons of roses,asiadic lillies etc etc.
Gotta wait for warmer weather to hook them up. Put a temp fence around most of the rugosa roses and our shrubs so should have lots of azaleas etc this year.
Although cute dear actually are a PEST !!!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#42 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10812 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

Deadly on flowers,tried scoot,deer away etc etc.Sprayed with bobex one evening,next morning all the roses were gone.
Then purchased a scarecrow ( a motion activated sprinkler) scares them away every time,but you have to make sure the battery doesn't die lol. We have the back yard covered buy four of these.Last year ( first time in six years) we had tons of roses,asiadic lillies etc etc.
Gotta wait for warmer weather to hook them up. Put a temp fence around most of the rugosa roses and our shrubs so should have lots of azaleas etc this year.
Although cute dear actually are a PEST !!!

I have had good luck with hanging bars of Irish spring soap in nylons around my veggie garden. The plot is probally 50 x75 and I use 18-24 bars around it every year

Nothing else I tried seemed to make any difference

Cheers

#43 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

I have had good luck with hanging bars of Irish spring soap in nylons around my veggie garden. The plot is probally 50 x75 and I use 18-24 bars around it every year
Nothing else I tried seemed to make any difference
 Cheers

The deer here are so used to people and the different human type odours,things like lrish spring,dog hair,urine,etc ,etc,just don't work.
We tried everything(us and all the neighbors).
The sprinkler makes a noise as it rotates and sprays,l think the sudden noise is what scares them the most lol.There also cheaper than a fence ,which most deer will jump anyway.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#44 linnie

linnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3837 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

The deer here are so used to people and the different human type odours,things like lrish spring,dog hair,urine,etc ,etc,just don't work.
We tried everything(us and all the neighbors).
The sprinkler makes a noise as it rotates and sprays,l think the sudden noise is what scares them the most lol.There also cheaper than a fence ,which most deer will jump anyway.

Same as here.

I think the deer are used to everything. Best thing is to startle them or keep the fences up.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

#45 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Same as here.
I think the deer are used to everything. Best thing is to startle them or keep the fences up.

Yep that's what the scarecrow does work great!

#46 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

,Again,on a different note.....the deer in this area and many others ,are slowly being pushed out of their natural habitat and wintering grounds,over decades of urban growth and constant clearcutting to the point where there isnt anywhers left to go but back yards...farms...and closer to human contact.

#47 PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Sorry to put a negative spin on the thread,but its re ocurring everywhere:/ Awesome pics tho TD👍

#48 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10812 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Sorry to put a negative spin on the thread,but its re ocurring everywhere:/ Awesome pics tho TD

Everywhere being the main land. Not the cape so far like it was years ago

#49 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

,Again,on a different note.....the deer in this area and many others ,are slowly being pushed out of their natural habitat and wintering grounds,over decades of urban growth and constant clearcutting to the point where there isnt anywhers left to go but back yards...farms...and closer to human contact.

So true right where l live with parkland dr and Bayers lake and now Larry uteck,etc.
Plus they seemed to have learned to avoid crossing the by hi here,don't see many hit on that stretch,Kearney lake Rd to Bayers lake.
Should be able to shoot them with my bow tho (just me,no one else)! Lol.

Now when you say this area,do you live close by?

#50 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

gallery_18089_4234_301887.jpg

#51 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

gallery_18089_4234_353356.jpg

#52 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

gallery_18089_4234_568798.jpg

#53 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

gallery_18089_4202_396292.jpg
PEEK-A-BOO

#54 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

URL=http://novascotiahun...4234-img-0012/]gallery_18089_4202_150129.jpg[/URL]

#55 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

gallery_18089_4202_95693.jpg

#56 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

gallery_18089_4202_273086.jpg

#57 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

gallery_18089_4202_32592.jpg

Is she getting us some food,mom?
No dear,she's probably preparing a bed for triple D.

#58 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

gallery_18089_4202_296816.jpg

***####*** told her to put the boughs in the green bin,pretty sure it's not back there!
She can't deny it know tho......

#59 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

gallery_18089_4226_9296.jpg

#60 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5497 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

gallery_18089_4210_550845.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users