#1 NSuplander

NSuplander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAylesford

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Set up snare on some heavy sign about a week ago and have had nothing come by. Wondering if they have started to get into their long sleep yet? Usually within 4 days of baiting a site I have some activity. Got off to a late start this year due to a 6 month deployment I've recently returned from.

#2 MWO has left

MWO has left

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

Set up snare on some heavy sign about a week ago and have had nothing come by. Wondering if they have started to get into their long sleep yet? Usually within 4 days of baiting a site I have some activity. Got off to a late start this year due to a 6 month deployment I've recently returned from.

Bears are still active, trust me..LOL

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

#3 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9151 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

YUP !!  Saw fresh sign in a couple places...one crossed in front of us last weekend, and a friend of ours shot a 300 lb boar while sitting for deer. First time they tried bear meat..concensus is everyone loved it !!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#4 NSuplander

NSuplander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAylesford

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

Sounds good guys, thanks for the update!

#5 reloader50

reloader50

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWindsor

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

I still have them on my cameras so they are active as Kevin and MWO stated. Good luck. Hope you tag one.

#6 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

Depends where you are I think.  Depends how far from the den site ..

Not  seen a bear for in Springfield since 22 Oct.

Normal here is  Oct 15 is the last sign.

Thanks to all on this site who assisted with my taxidermy season . I hope I am even busier next season and can continue to produce even better mounts.

#7 NSHunter500

NSHunter500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

I had two on my cameras last night. Still happily munching my applesā˜¹

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users