7 replies to this topic

#1 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

I know for a fact that the vice president's position was vacated late April of this year as I resigned from the position...Never saw any call for volunteers or nominations to fill that role and was just wondering how and if the role was ever filled in the proper manner...fair question to ask just who is running the show, I believe...Can't just put anyone in the role; there is a process to make sure it's done fairly...Have to ask here as I am unable to post on the association forum due to being locked out by the current president even though I did not violate any forum guidelines...Kudos if it was handled properly...

#2 Ian

Ian

Gone Fishing!

• Moderators
  • 1857 posts
  • LocationHRM & PEI

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

I know for a fact that the vice president's position was vacated late April of this year as I resigned from the position...Never saw any call for volunteers or nominations to fill that role and was just wondering how and if the role was ever filled in the proper manner...fair question to ask just who is running the show, I believe...Can't just put anyone in the role; there is a process to make sure it's done fairly...Have to ask here as I am unable to post on the association forum due to being locked out by the current president even though I did not violate any forum guidelines...Kudos if it was handled properly...

I would suggest you contact the NSACH via e-mail if you would like to discuss NSACH business.

#3 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

Email who ?...Tried doing that before on another matter, but you and I know better than anyone else how that went, my "friend"...Got a whole stack of correspondence...

Okay, so you don't want to tell HOW the position was filled, fine, I can likely figure that one out myself...How about telling who the current executive is ?...Can't be any harm in that, could there ?...No reason to be secretive about that bit of info...I recall that one of the big attractions for me when this group began was the premise of TOTAL transparency...That should start from the "top" down, one would think...

A bit of info from Registry of Joint Stocks web page :

Registry of Joint Stock Companies

Profile Info People Info Activites Info Related Reg’s Info

PROFILE - NOVA SCOTIA ASSOCIATION OF CROSSBOW HUNTERS - as of: 2011-08-14 09:04 AM
Business/Organization Name: NOVA SCOTIA ASSOCIATION OF CROSSBOW HUNTERS
Registry ID: 3237131
Type: Society
Nature of Business:
Jurisdiction: Nova Scotia
Registered Office: 36 MCKINLEY ROAD
MT. DENSON NS Canada B0P 1L0
Mailing Address: 36 MCKINLEY ROAD
MT. DENSON NS Canada B0P 1L0

PEOPLE

Name Position IAN M AVERY Director

GEORGE E FERGUSON Director

STEPHANIE HUBER Director

MIKE R QUERIPEL Director

LEE A WATSON Director

IAN AVERY PRESIDENT

LEE A WATSON TREASURER

MIKE R QUERIPEL VICE PRESIDENT

STEPHANIE HUBER SECRETARY

IAN M AVERY Recognized Agent

ACTIVITIES

Activity Date
Default for Non-Payment 2011-07-01
Annual Statement Filed 2010-07-14
Reactivated 2010-07-14
Filed Financial Statement 2010-07-14
Default for Non-Payment 2010-07-06
Incorporated 2009-05-25
Filed Document 2009-05-25

Interesting stuff if the info is current...I know for fact that at least one listed exec has nothing at all to do with the group

#4 Please Delete

Please Delete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

I think you're the only member with this concern and others are just content waiting for the next the get together to finalize any new permanent changes.

#5 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

As I said before, Markus, you don't know me...Want the proof or just content to remain oblivious ?...Either way, it doesn't matter to me...There has been and likely still are, things going on that you are totally unaware of...Told SOMEONE I'd do MY best to make sure things were done in the proper manner...So, really, I don't care much what you think I should do...

Not a member anymore, but don't tell me then that I have no right to ask questions...Can't be a member,knowing certain things..Many people have supported the efforts of the association and many of these efforts will benefit the Nova Scotia hunting community...But it should be done the right way and following the premise presented by the group...I keep talking about transparency and I can tell you, it's not happening...You've come down hard on one provincial group, maybe it's time you looked at another one just a tad bit closer...More similarities and connections between the two than one would think...If you think you won't get the whole story from me, I'll gladly fill you in on what I know and you can ask "someone else" to flesh it out for you and see how that's spun for you...

Important to me ?...Absolutely!!!...Pied Piper ring a bell?...If the hunting community is willing to be led, they should at least know who's playing the song and whose song it is...

There's a required way to fill vacant positions and government guidelines to follow in order to exist...Should any group be allowed to function outside of these rules just because they decide they will ?...Am I not supposed to ask just because what ?...

You keep posting to me when I bring these things up...Why not try focusing your aim somewhere else, ask some questions and ask again when the answers don't seem quite right

#6 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

I agree 100% that the nsach has some really great people involved attempting to do some really great things for hunting in Nova Scotia...And so does the Federation...You've had no problem putting their executives' heads on a platter for things you think they've done...Just suggesting that you look a little harder at another executive closer to your heart.
Invite me up for a coffee...I'll bring a bit of reading material for you and then?????...We'll see...

#7 MJN

MJN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationForestburg, Alberta

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

So what's the big secret, who screwed who....Not very good PR fighting amongst yourselves
So lets hear it ;)

#8 Nontypical

Nontypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

I have no affiliation with nsach any longer...Not very good PR if everything gets posted either...As I said earlier, good intentioned people are doing good things and that shouldn't stop...Just think people should look a little deeper than the apparent surface and see what lies below...

MJN, next time I'm heading to metro, I'll let you know...If you're interested in knowing still, I'll make the same offer to you, or anyone else, that I extended to Markus...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users