Delta Waterfowl Dinner Truro Chapter - Fund Raising News & Events - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Delta Waterfowl Dinner Truro Chapter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

I would like to extend an invitation to all to our Truro Chapter’s first annual Delta Waterfowl Dinner!

When: Friday 6 April
Time: Doors open 5:30pm; Dinner 6:30
Where: Truro Legion Branch 25, 45 Brunswick St, Truro, NS
Cost: Single- 40$ Couples- 65$
Youth Ticket - 25$ Includes a gift bag with products for them

All youth are entered into a youth only draw automatically.

Dinner is catered by Sheila Clarke Catering and will consist of appetizers, chicken and rib plate, and dessert.

We will have a live and a silent auction, MANY raffle prizes, beautiful art prints, ladies prize packages, and 6 firearms to win!

Early Bird ticket purchases prior to April 1 get in a draw for 100$ worth of raffle tickets.

Ticket purchase also gives you a one year membership to Delta Waterfowl, including a subscription to their magazine.

I will figure out how to post the link to the Delta website for the dinner, I think tickets can be purchased online there, or email any of the following:

Phil Rafters - [email protected]
Kenneth Brine - [email protected]
Darcy Bond - [email protected]

This will be a great evening and from everything I hear Sheila Clarke puts on an amazing dinner spread. So come out and support this great conservation group and meet some new or old hunting friends.

We will also be set up at the Sports show in Halifax coming in March, so stop by and chat with us about Waterfowl hunting and conservation of the sport.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#2 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

https://deltawaterfo...delta-truro-ns/

There is the link to Delta website for our event.

#3 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Dinner is getting closer! Only 5 weeks away!

Come out and chat at the Outdoor Show next weekend. We will have some items for raffle at the show, with proceeds going to our club projects and events over the summer.

Last count I remember we have 6 firearms going out on raffle and auction at the dinner! Including a really nice Franchi shotgun!!

Tickets are available at that website, or PM me and I can figure it out. We will have them at the show too.

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9157 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

Dave..you'll be working the booth I take it ? Save me some tickets...lol.....Is your booth gonna be " Delta Waterfowl " ?

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Yes I will be at the booth, most likely for Saturday at least. I might be down there other days as well depending on family schedule. We will have lots of tickets there. And we’re raffling off a very nice framed print as well. And yes, Delta Waterfowl.

#6 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

I Will be at the booth tomorrow probably all day, and then on Saturday all day as well. We will have tickets for the dinner and a raffle for a really nice print I believe.

I also have a few lanyards and duck totes I made that we will be selling, funds going to youth projects for the club.

Stop by and have a chat with us.

#7 Hiram

Hiram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Just a quick note of thanks to 1NSH Dave and the rest of the Delta Volunteers.

Friday night was a great time, lots of awesome prizes a few familiar faces a few new acquaintances. The meal was great, the auction bidding was fast and furious and my wife even enjoyed herself (although she's ditching the dress clothes for camo next time around)

The best part of the night was watching my good friend and waterfowl mentor find out he'd won the CS "Call of the year" at the live auction - he was (understandably) a bit miffed when his wife spent over $200 on a call while he was in the bathroom but a phone call a few minutes ago may have changed his mind (and prompted this post)

He just called to tell me he was parked in town at a popular playground watching his son play on the swings - with his windows down he gave a few practice toots on his new Delta branded "Justifer" -  when out of nowhere two blacks drop in not once but twice looking for whoever was making so much racket.

If he can do that in a parking lot, imagine what he'll do in a duck blind!

Awesome dinner, awesome cause and a great time had by all -

#8 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2463 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:37 AM

I'm wondering if the new Cabelas store will have playground/swing sets for sale. Ive seen, from pics posted, how this equipment has attracted deer for Linnie and now tolling in ducks with a few quacks on a call - something to consider.

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11418 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

I'm wondering if the new Cabelas store will have playground/swing sets for sale. Ive seen, from pics posted, how this equipment has attracted deer for Linnie and now tolling in ducks with a few quacks on a call - something to consider.

All joking aside they do sell some real fancy swing sets

Cheers

#10 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

I’m glad you had a great time Hiram! It was indeed a great dinner. I was actually surprised myself at the attendance and how well tickets and auction items went!

We have a chapter meeti this weekend and I should get the final results as far as money raised and I will let you all know how well we did. Intial counts seem like we did very well! Especially for being our first one since reopening the chapter after many years off.

We are planning to go the Brookfield Yourh Expo next weekend as well and introduce even more kids to the sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users