Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

2018 Newfoundland Moose Hunting

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MWO has left 
#1 ·
Anyone here heading to NL this fall for a Moose Hunt? If so tell us who you are going with (Outfitter) and what your season is (dates)

#3 ·
any results posted from last years hunt in the cape? heard success numbers are down, wondering if it's even worth applying to. Might just squirrel some money away this year and go on a NFLD hunt next season with an outfitter.

#5 ·
any results posted from last years hunt in the cape? heard success numbers are down, wondering if it's even worth applying to. Might just squirrel some money away this year and go on a NFLD hunt next season with an outfitter.
If you do decide to go to NL next season, be aware that the established, respected Outfits are generally booked up late fall for the following season. The Outfit I go with was booked last Dec for this fall and was already half booked for the fall of 2019... Most only require a deposit, 1 K usually, to book and keep your spot...Very doable. I spread the cost out through the year. Deposit in Fall, Ferry mid Winter, then balance on arrival. Not hard to do, just save my dimes through the year... Best of Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.