#1 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Thought I would start a new topic since it's been a while for me.

What new guns or gear have you bought for deer season? Since it's not too far away.

I wanted to buy a game cart so I ordered from Cabellas a Hawk Crawler game cart.

Has decent reviews and youtube videos and it was on sale as well.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#2 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

I bought a new browning strike force trail cam.... I had 2 Moultrie’s crap out on me last year. Also bought a new Browning X-bolt white gold medallion in 30-06 and topped it with a Bushnell Elite silver scope. Didn’t need it for hunting.... but its real pretty and thought I needed it. Lol.

#3 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5955 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Bought some arrows and broadheads a backpack and a new pop up ( which I didn’t need but it was on sale)
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#4 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5955 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:42 PM

Greybeard-deer season sure isn’t far away it started last month! Always entertained buying a cart just haven’t pulled the trigger yet but may need one very soon.

Buckmark- nice rifle congrats,but you likely have too many guns now!
You will like your browning strike fore,good cam. I have four Brownings all different models love them all
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#5 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

Other that couple new trail cams and some trapping gear along with new 20 gauge pump , not a whole lot
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#6 Caper391

Caper391

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationGlace Bay

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

Picked up a couple of browning Strike Force HD Pro cameras to add to the collection.

#7 MacDonald450

MacDonald450

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCape Breton,

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Went all out this year and last.

New Leupold 4-14x50mm, 1 new tree stand, 1 new ground blind, 3 tree stand rails equipped with camp wrap to hide movement, 4 new Browning Strike Forces. Ordering a new TC Venture Predator in 22-250 just incase I tag out in Big game. Still want to be out overlooking the fields I hunt waiting for a coyote to step out. 

Inherited an old Remington 742 in .308 last year. Shooting 180gr Core Lokts it is an absolute tack driver that doesn't jam. 

I know several guys my age that spent as much as I did on this stuff, but on that "white powder". And they have nothing to show for it the next day.

There's a lot worse things you could be spending money on. 

Good luck everyone, 

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

DDD.... yes... way too many guns..... so my wife says. Can’t have a “collection” without a few. I am a browning snob I guess. I have a 1928 trombone .22 that I’m quite fond of, along with a few others that will probably never see the outdoors. I heard the browning trail cams have a good reputation. Hope so... just bought another one this afternoon !!

#9 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:27 PM

MacDonald450.... good for you !! You are absolutely right. Spend it and enjoy your new purchases !!!

#10 WoodsMaster

WoodsMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Didn’t spend too much this year, added two new trail cameras (Bushnell Trophy Cam and another Moultrie). I keep saying I’m going to get myself that Featherweight I’ve been wanting but as a college student the funds are better used elsewhere at the moment ;)

MacDonald450, I have the exact same gun, Don’t ever get rid of it! Mine shoots flawlessly as well and apparently this is rare lol.

There is no Wifi in the woods, but you will find a better connection.

#11 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

College funds ??...I honestly don't know HOW you can do it ??... take a paycheck while working at a gun store....LMAO..

...every friggen payday I'd be leavin with a new cardboard box  tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#12 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2957 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

College funds kept my spending to a min , had to save and sell off for my new Browning Gold Ten , but that never cost me as much as what some of the daughter's books have , some books $500 and new two or three , so wifey said tighten your belt or sell your old gear to buy new stuff , no problems on that end , but I'm not taking from the extras she or my son needs . My son's truck broke down over the summer so gave him on loan as a bargain agreement my other truck ( 04 Tacoma ) , you sister doesn't drive , but if she needs to get around for doing personal things after your work or College , you gotta take her , one last thing Don't F#$k my Truck Up Lol . Talk about hoarding Mad Money for hunting season lmao .

Woods master your doing right thing , Older stuff to use for hunting , buy only what you truly can afford , everything else can be upgraded when your older with a good job . Smart on your part.
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#13 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Ha ha ha...life with kids wha ??...lol...

I'm always moving a few firearms and other gear around, here and there, working my way up to the next level of or my newest toy for my passion of shooting !

My oldest girl has our second car ( 05 Echo...my beater ) while hers needs a good diagnostic and mechanic...annnd the youngest one just got her latest text book for part of her next level up in Early Childhood Educator ...that one was only 121 bucks !! ONE BOOK and more needed in a couple weeks !! Education's free alright...my azz !

Only dam thing that's cheap anymore is me...for me...lol

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#14 WoodsMaster

WoodsMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

Oh Kev don’t think I’m not milking my job benefits! Those cameras were display models.... cost me about $35 for both of them ;) How could I pass that up! Lol

There is no Wifi in the woods, but you will find a better connection.

#15 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9411 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

See...all that math paid off...laugh.png

#16 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

Pretty lean this year, treated myself to a nice pair of binos and a bino harness in August, recently bought a hand warming muff from the Outpost with a gift card, have lots of gear just need to get out and use it more, the remaining funds will be going towards gas so I can hunt and a few bags of apples.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#17 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

Greybeard-deer season sure isn’t far away it started last month! Always entertained buying a cart just haven’t pulled the trigger yet but may need one very soon.

Buckmark- nice rifle congrats,but you likely have too many guns now!
You will like your browning strike fore,good cam. I have four Brownings all different models love them all

I knew someone would catch that! I should have said seer season for guns.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#18 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

Ha ha ha...life with kids wha ??...lol...

I'm always moving a few firearms and other gear around, here and there, working my way up to the next level of or my newest toy for my passion of shooting !

My oldest girl has our second car ( 05 Echo...my beater ) while hers needs a good diagnostic and mechanic...annnd the youngest one just got her latest text book for part of her next level up in Early Childhood Educator ...that one was only 121 bucks !! ONE BOOK and more needed in a couple weeks !! Education's free alright...my azz !

Only dam thing that's cheap anymore is me...for me...lol

I paid for a couple of university educations over the years and glad i am past that.

Poorer because of it and I didn't get any more educated in the process unless it was spending money.

oh well!!

#19 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

Went all out this year and last.

New Leupold 4-14x50mm, 1 new tree stand, 1 new ground blind, 3 tree stand rails equipped with camp wrap to hide movement, 4 new Browning Strike Forces. Ordering a new TC Venture Predator in 22-250 just incase I tag out in Big game. Still want to be out overlooking the fields I hunt waiting for a coyote to step out. 

Inherited an old Remington 742 in .308 last year. Shooting 180gr Core Lokts it is an absolute tack driver that doesn't jam. 

I know several guys my age that spent as much as I did on this stuff, but on that "white powder". And they have nothing to show for it the next day.

There's a lot worse things you could be spending money on. 

Good luck everyone, 

Well done!

#20 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

I bought a new browning strike force trail cam.... I had 2 Moultrie’s crap out on me last year. Also bought a new Browning X-bolt white gold medallion in 30-06 and topped it with a Bushnell Elite silver scope. Didn’t need it for hunting.... but its real pretty and thought I needed it. Lol.

Very nice gun Buckmark!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users