#1 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Have a client looking for a fox rug mount. Last fox I caught was at least 10 years ago.. So I would be looking for a fox in the round just frozen. At this point not even sure of the color of fox.

Closer to Springfield the better.

Thanks to all on this site who assisted with my taxidermy season . I hope I am even busier next season and can continue to produce even better mounts.

#2 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

I was going put few fox sets out , looking to do a fox rug myself , quite few down here on the cape, even had one going up our street 2 nights ago, not sure if you would want one shipped .
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#3 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Tyson if you get one I'll deliver it to him after Christmas
can i go hunting yet??

#4 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

Going out this morning to do some sets , have to get out to pull up some Yote sets that are too far back after all this GD snow and slop , going do up some Hay sets only about 15 mins from home , got spot theres several kicking around so with luck I'll snag a few .

I'll never get back to my other sets if this weather keeps up , roads are going be iced up too badly. I'll keep updated

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hope the ones in your area have nicer coats, The few hanging around here look real ragged for some reason and not a lot of red in them

Cheers

#6 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

The person that wanted the fox rug first choice was a wolf  trimmed with blue trim. Not going to happen anytime soon. They may go for a coywolf also . I have one snare set.

Thanks to all on this site who assisted with my taxidermy season . I hope I am even busier next season and can continue to produce even better mounts.

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

The person that wanted the fox rug first choice was a wolf  trimmed with blue trim. Not going to happen anytime soon. They may go for a coywolf also . I have one snare set.

I hope he knows a wolf runs like 3000 US plus tax and shipping . Fur Canada has them

Cheers

ZEoz7NR.jpg

#8 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

I've got one coywolf in freezer right now, he's got a weird face on him with a tuft of hair just above the eyes , pretty cool this one, this guy is deffinatly a juvenile but still good size almost 40lbs , wish I could post the video of him in the trap , Really dark even in the face

#9 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:45 PM

I hope he knows a wolf runs like 3000 US plus tax and shipping . Fur Canada has them

Cheers

ZEoz7NR.jpg

That He you refer to is a SHE

#10 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

One snare set and had a coyote stop right at the snare and back away. Seemed to be a good size as the  tracks indicated.

#11 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

Critters this year have been more cautious , with the snow coming and staying earlier , seems they are even on the move more covering more area , had a bobcat step thru one my snares and it was set small enough it should have gotten it with no problem, almost looked liked it side stepped the snare . I've set out hay sets for fox and Coyote on a power line , so hopefully something will come around. Also have several sets for a bobcat that's been quite a Nusience in a general area but it's staying elusive ,

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

That He you refer to is a SHE

Well SHE best have some bucks if SHE wants a wolf :)

#13 Clearcut

Clearcut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

If you want a coyote the next one I get I can freeze ....price is $175
Fox ....$85

#14 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

If you want a coyote the next one I get I can freeze ....price is $175
Fox ....$85

I'm sorry but $175 for a yote ! , Guess I should freeze all mine and hope someone wants full body animals instead of pelting out and sending to market . Guess ive been doing it all wrong all these years .

#15 rasorbackq

rasorbackq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSpringfield NS

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:08 AM

Garys not too far off. I sold 2 yote last season for $150 ish ea. Wife found me on the floor as I think I passed out.

#16 dbg2

dbg2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

Caught a fox this morning, you can pm me if interested.

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

Garys not too far off. I sold 2 yote last season for $150 ish ea. Wife found me on the floor as I think I passed out.

$150 for just a frozen untouched coyote

That is unreal, maybe a yellow or black but unheard of down this way for just an old coyote

Cheers

#18 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2826 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:02 PM

Well Joe the Coywolf I got was nice deep yellow with thick band of black and Greyish face with thick tuft of hair above the eyes , guess I should have froze him full and got full mount on this guy . Guess we're just outta the loop down here , going be looking off island from now on with certain catches

#19 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11414 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

Well Joe the Coywolf I got was nice deep yellow with thick band of black and Greyish face with thick tuft of hair above the eyes , guess I should have froze him full and got full mount on this guy . Guess we're just outta the loop down here , going be looking off island from now on with certain catches

That or we get together and take a truck load over the causeway

Be worth it for those prices smile.png

Most my bud gets as a taxidermist are shot and free

Cheers 

Now I like this one a nutz member in Ontario got last saturday sweet

vuIOArk.jpg

#20 dbg2

dbg2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

Do you not send your Coyotes to auction? The last couple years they've been in demand and prices have gone up quite a bit. I had 7 in the last auction that averaged 119.00, and one of them was hit by a car, it only went for 30.00, so brought my avg down quite a bit. $150 is definitely not uncommon right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users