3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Ducks Unlimited Canada REFUSES to suport e-petition 2341
Did you know that Ducks Unlimited has a seat on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Council, yet their mandate is not to act on firearms related issues?

Most recently, this can be seen in their refusal to support e-petition 2341 and removing references to it from their social media. Keep in mind that Ducks Unlimited puts their name on guns, sells a gun calendar, attends shooting sport events AND gun shows, BUT REFUSES to support e-petition 2341... Anyone who enjoys the Shooting Sports &/or hunting (especially waterfowling), should reconsider their support of this organization!

Shame on Ducks Unlimited for its non-support!

#2 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

I'll be inquiring on this as I'm a lifetime member and member for over 37 yrs , this could very well be political B.S to stir up the pot .

Ducks Unlimited Canada REFUSES to suport e-petition 2341

Did you know that Ducks Unlimited has a seat on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Council, yet their mandate is not to act on firearms related issues?
Most recently, this can be seen in their refusal to support e-petition 2341 and removing references to it from their social media. Keep in mind that Ducks Unlimited puts their name on guns, sells a gun calendar, attends shooting sport events AND gun shows, BUT REFUSES to support e-petition 2341... Anyone who enjoys the Shooting Sports &/or hunting (especially waterfowling), should reconsider their support of this organization!
Shame on Ducks Unlimited for its non-support!

Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

Humm I was not aware they had life memberships. I still pay yearly but christ well over 40 years

The guy that posted it was a mod so I would say true

Let us know

From the same mod

"Hello President and CEO of Ducks Unlimited;

Until recently, I did not know that Ducks Unlimited had a seat on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Council, yet your mandate is not to act on firearms related issues...

Most recently, your organization has refused to support e-petition 2341 and have been actively removing references to it from your social media...

I am a proud Canadian firearms owner who enjoys waterfowl hunting and other shooting sports, I am shocked to see how far your organization has strayed from its roots. Consequently, I have decided I can no longer support your organization in any manner. I will never again purchase DU merchandise, nor will I ever volunteer or attend a DU sponsored event.

A quote from Elie Wiesel comes to mind, see attached... DU needs to pick a side!!!

Sincerely

#4 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:00 PM

DU is all about conservation , helping preserve the environment , and preserving wetlands , water quality and the different species that exist and co exist in wet lands , water ways and reservoirs , they put their name under lic. On many items to help promote their cause and their brand-name to get it out there with as much exposure as possible.

Feed back I've received in Email is simple , they are both Canada and U.S based and refuse to sign for circumstances not to take sides , they also get federal grants that help with bird banding programs and waterfowl studies . So basically they are not choosing sides . I can sympathize with this , yes you can be a life time member by simpply donating as I have over last 37 plus yrs by monthly donation instead of yearly one time fee .

Some those items with D.U logos are under licencing agreements that also pay a portion back to D.U . so I'm perfectly fine with their choice not to sign and ruffle feathers on other side of spectrum . After all as long as they are carry thru with the mandate the org has set out to do it's worth while to me to belong to it . It's better than what the local clubs have done over the yrs or swayed towards .

The Redneck is Back !

#5 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:49 AM

It makes absolutley no sense to me. To my knowledge, hunters are the biggest contributors to conservation in the world . DU better get on board and support the hand that feeds them. It seems to me that usually the biggest prize at most of their dinners is a firearm. A lot of cash gets dropped at those dinners.  I expect the firearms companies are big contributors as well. Am I right or wrong ?  I'm always open to listening. But, like Joe, I'm shocked.          >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#6 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8731 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

Well said Pete !  X "100"

I read this last night and thought holee chit...REALLY ??

Lots of GD organizations are right there with their hands out to grab whatever FN monies they can from the backs and efforts of the lowly hunters and trappers.....they've come to the point now where they're turning their heads to accept it FFS !!!!!!!!!

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Walter on the clarification on yearly member ship since I never heard of it with them

On the rest sorry my friend but IMHO a lot of stick handling there by them and it will cost them members which they cannot afford to lose .Some guys have already switched to Delta enough that now a few say there is a slight change of heart and DU have something now on facebook about the petition but I am not on face book to see it nor can I find it sad.png

My guess is fake news

Oh well we got dumped on here again last night so more snow to blow sad.png. F'k I hate winter

Cheers

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

Not my words

I was in contact with the guy in charge of Ducks U here, below is a copy of an internal Ducks message concerning this

This came out internally this morning.

Canadians are currently engaged in a new round of proposed firearm legislation. It is a controversial debate; at times divisive. A parliamentary e-petition opposing the firearm legislation is circulating, and many are asking where Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) stands on this issue. DUC does not take positions on policy actions that fall outside our habitat conservation mission. Remaining neutral on the firearms legislation is based on a long-standing decision to focus our policy efforts solely on the conservation of wetlands and associated habitat. Some firearm owners are publicly criticizing DUC for taking a neutral position.
Below is some additional background on DUC’s position and our ongoing, important relationship with Canada’s waterfowl hunting community:

*DUC has deep roots in the waterfowling community, and we are extremely proud of this heritage. In 1938, a small group of waterfowl hunters rolled up their sleeves and began the tough job of bringing water back to a parched prairie landscape. These early conservationists gave wings to DUC. We have celebrated this, in one form or another, every day since. It remains a cornerstone of our conservation culture.
*It’s important to know that DUC’s primary goal is to conserve and restore wetlands. We take care of the habitat that supports hunters—and indeed all Canadians who share our passion for wildlife and wild places. Our mission is to ensure waterfowl, and the habitat that supports them, are here for future generations. This is a role we have enthusiastically embraced for more than 80 years.
The current firearms issue is an important milestone in the ongoing debate about this country’s relationship with firearms. We encourage all Canadians to exercise their individual rights as they see fit, knowing that DUC’s role, as it has always been, is to focus on the conservation of Canada’s iconic wildlife and natural spaces.

#9 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2371 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:41 AM

pretty consistent message on both sides of the border - here's a statement from DU, in the states, re the gun controversey down there.

https://www.ducks.or...ent-on-firearms

#10 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Regardless what position they have , I stand by my decision to remain a member of D.U.C. as I stated and as well the previous two list stated , it's about the conservation of wetland , waterfowl and wildlife habitat and keeping the chances alive for our future .

As I also stated it's a lot more than any of or local clubs here on the Cape have Accomplished or ever will accomplish all put together . Without trying to decvde or sub devide within themselves . At least DU ANS DUC make it perfectly clear their mandate and are doing their best to stay on course .

I've always believed in DU and that's why I'm still a member today .

Now com on +10 for Friday to melt down some this snow , 4 hours on the end of snow blower Sunday and I'm still sore .

The Redneck is Back !

#11 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:27 AM

Still shocked, surprized and disappointed ! This is a HUGE issue for gun owners and hunters in Canada. No time for a passive response. For all the support hunters have given DU over the years, they should have our back on this one. Imagine how many more people would sign the petition if DU asked them too. I'm sure their tune would change if there was a serious threat to gun ownership in the US.  I'm not a member of DU, but have contributed and attended many dinners. They will have to do without my donation going forward.         >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

Regardless what position they have , I stand by my decision to remain a member of D.U.C. as I stated and as well the previous two list stated , it's about the conservation of wetland , waterfowl and wildlife habitat and keeping the chances alive for our future .

As I also stated it's a lot more than any of or local clubs here on the Cape have Accomplished or ever will accomplish all put together . Without trying to decvde or sub devide within themselves . At least DU ANS DUC make it perfectly clear their mandate and are doing their best to stay on course .

I've always believed in DU and that's why I'm still a member today .

Now com on +10 for Friday to melt down some this snow , 4 hours on the end of snow blower Sunday and I'm still sore .

4 hours. That would be a 1/2 shift in this dam yard sad.png

Real hard to move the snow Sunday I found and had to go real slow. Worst I have seen it in a few years even the honda blower was struggling the 828 so I said time for the big boy the 1132 which I have not used in three years. Well went to get that and seen a puddle of 90 weight under the auger gearbox so would not chance it nor would 90w flow to refill

Another job on the to do list

I hear you big time on the sore. Like wrestling a 300 pound bear mine is

Hoping it is mild friday to get some of the snow off one greenhouse or I am going to lose it. Won't budge right now 

take care

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

Still shocked, surprized and disappointed ! This is a HUGE issue for gun owners and hunters in Canada. No time for a passive response. For all the support hunters have given DU over the years, they should have our back on this one. Imagine how many more people would sign the petition if DU asked them too. I'm sure their tune would change if there was a serious threat to gun ownership in the US.  I'm not a member of DU, but have contributed and attended many dinners. They will have to do without my donation going forward.         >Pete

I am with you Pete but I am not at bailing on them yet

I guess the big one for me is no sport with firearms uses more semi auto's than duck and goose hunting so I would think that would be a HUGE concern for them. I guess not

Cheers

#14 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:09 PM

Still shocked, surprized and disappointed ! This is a HUGE issue for gun owners and hunters in Canada. No time for a passive response. For all the support hunters have given DU over the years, they should have our back on this one. Imagine how many more people would sign the petition if DU asked them too. I'm sure their tune would change if there was a serious threat to gun ownership in the US. I'm not a member of DU, but have contributed and attended many dinners. They will have to do without my donation going forward. >Pete

I am with you on the shocked and disappointment part Pete , what they are also looking at is the Federal side of things when they apply for grants and such , it's like this do they bite the hunters hands who yes contribute big time or do they bite the hand that gives out grants and funds that offset what hunters cannot contribute . It's a no win situation for them to take sides , so in essence they remain neutral and on the side lines letting it play out that it does not hurt to badly , after all they basically are a conservation/enviromental group , I'm by no means a enviroment whack job , but I'm not cutting funds off due to non support on hunters side , without them or Delta Waterfowl there be a lot of wet lands that would suffer .

Since this seems to be a sore spot with many , I clearly ask this " What's Delta Waterfowls stance on the New Gun controls going on in the U.S and Canada ? " If they choose a side I'd say it's state side more than the Canadian connection. As I say I could very well be wrong .

Wonder if they are neutral as well ? I'd be a betting man that they are , might be wrong but .

The Redneck is Back !

#15 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:14 PM

I am with you Pete but I am not at bailing on them yet
I guess the big one for me is no sport with firearms uses more semi auto's than duck and goose hunting so I would think that would be a HUGE concern for them. I guess not
 Cheers

Yes more semi autos are used for waterfowling than probably anywhere except for Skeet or Clay's but I'd bet they have the Outlook there's like the old days of a double barrel or single shot with 36 inch barrel or even the old tried and true 2 3/4 bolt actions of yesteryear , still have my old bolt action 12 Steven Savage 58 that took alot of birds with when first got into waterfowl , wore out the original 2 shot detach mag .then again it could be all we are left with if the turd get his way , at least the petition is getting more attention as of late .

The Redneck is Back !

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

100% at Delta

They are supportive of e-petition 2341!!!

Cheers

https://www.canadian...chmentid=347430

https://www.canadian...chmentid=347431

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Not my words

DU Canada has released a statement...

https://www.canadian...43&d=1580940171

"The hypocrisy of sitting on the Firearms Advisory Committee (which lends credibility to whatever this current fed gov plans to do to law abiding firearms owners) while refusing to allow discussion of an e-petition on your social media for an issue that affects the vast majority of your supports, is not lost on Canadians!

My god DU Canada, what a mistake!"

And notice their attempt to re-direct your email to a 'communications' email address... I guess we jammed up the emails of the President, CEO and Provincial Chapters. That tells me they are hearing Canadians discontent with their position loud & clear!

#18 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:23 PM

5huI4hp.jpg

#19 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10044 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Man I wish we had turkey here :( and no reason we can't other than a pile of BS

#20 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

I’m with Pete fk DU not another nickel from me!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users