#1 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationSouth Farmington, Annapolis county

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:09 PM

I did a set Wednesday morning in a spot where I have seen sign and have done a couple sets early this year I usually use my fox pro with my decoy attached.

since I hunt alone I decided not to set up the fox pro since it takes a bit more time and can be a bit more invasive and noisy on set up.

I decided to use my carver mouth calls in rabbit distress . I settled in behind a stump and started my rabbit distress mouth call, I blew on this for about 30 seconds and then stopped and looked down the field , nothing I thought, turned to my left and there was coyote standing, he

had no idea where the call came from,I had some brush in front of me to my left didn’t want to shoot until he cleared that , when he did I let the tikka 243 pushing a Winchester varmint X 58gr fly dropped him I his tracks, I then saw the second coyote high tailing towards the woods, I barked,Ike dog a few times and got her to stop and she turned headon toward me at 100 yards or so, I put the Crosshairs on her chest and squeezed she did the 10-15 spins and dropped.

two dogs down in the the first minute of calling.

what I want to say is don’t under estimate the mouth call,I e called in more with the carver rabbit distress then I have with my fox pro.

CHEERS

AKA nshunter

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

6B6B6570 5655 4FB0 805D 9C9DD89AA8DA
#

84E8E54D BA13 48A1 ABA7 017320EDA5F7
#

CHEERS

AKA nshunter

#3 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

Congrats Phoenix. Nice work.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

Great stuff ol boyy !!!

Pretty exhilarating for sure when you get a response...even more so when they show up ...then to get a double ???...that HAD to be a heart thumper !!...LOL

Good to see ya postin again Phoenix !! Been a while. How's the TCstuff goin...are you still tinkering with them ?        

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 gary

gary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2371 posts
  • Locationhants county

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

congrats.

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:48 AM

Great stuff ol boyy !!!

Pretty exhilarating for sure when you get a response...even more so when they show up ...then to get a double ???...that HAD to be a heart thumper !!...LOL

Good to see ya postin again Phoenix !! Been a while. How's the TCstuff goin...are you still tinkering with them ?        

Thanks Kev

it was quite a rush by the time I got the second one stopped when I put the cross hairs on her they were bouncing all over the place I was able to settle them down with a deep breath.

Had lots of trail cams out during deer season,had a pic of a really big 10 point but never saw him , I did get a nice 8 point but put lots of hours in this year.

I haven’t made anymore TC because I’m thinking the 10 I have is enough for now and they always work, some of these are 15 years old and still taking pictures not sure I could get that out of a boughten model.

CHEERS

AKA nshunter

#7 Pete

Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Thats awesome. The coyote population in my area is low right at the moment. But, I have noticed increased sign (marking territories) over the past few weeks due to the mating season. I might give this a try myself.           >Pete

Deer zones in Nova Scotia need to be reduced in size and micro managed by DNR. Zone 107 is too big!! It needs to be cut in half with the Shubie River as a boundry. Areas on the Hant Co side should not be either sex but bucks only with a doe draw, in my opinion. >Pete

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Congrats. I agree it is hard to beat a craver call

Cheers

#9 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:01 AM

If someone wants to try a new spot this way I'd be glad to show you the spot
I've had 2or3 totes on cam last year and double this year, even seeing where they've got a deer.
They're infringing on my bunny hunting and driving the numbers down
can i go hunting yet??

#10 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1280 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

nice work

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#11 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

Nice job , I carry two mouth calls myself at all times , rabbit distress and a squealer call , both have put fur in the cross hairs several times .

Just never know once set up how long it take for one to come out , first min and two down is I say a excellent day in any books .

Congrats !
Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

#12 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2264 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

Congratulations and dam fine shooting .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter