6 replies to this topic

#1 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:39 PM

Has anyone ever tried or tasted bottled bear meat? Thoughts?

#2 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1733 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:28 AM

I've never tried it but I think it would be just fine if it was trimmed up well.
I've had lots of the usual newfie bottles (moose, caribou, salmon, trout, bunny, grouse) and always enjoy it.
Now I gotta try it in the fall
can i go hunting yet??

#3 Daddy Duncan

Daddy Duncan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Came here by mistake, thought that you were asking for an experts opinion on bottled beer.

#4 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5018 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:26 AM

Came here by mistake, thought that you were asking for an experts opinion on bottled beer.

Lmao, I would imagine more of us are familiar with the beer.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:01 PM

Well for me it was totally different. I thought you were talking about the mrs in february LOL

She just left thank F'K smile.png to take eagle pics. Worth every penny I had to pay for fish to get her out of the house

Fish Scraps are just about impossible now to get at shops everything comes in all done up in tubs sad.png

Cheers

#6 30-06

30-06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

Guess I’m gonna figure it out then lol. Spring bear is around the corner here, first of April for Alberta in my wmu.
The young fella and myself will be out to harvest each one. We are permitted each 2 bears byt no need to go overboard here. Instead of taking up a lot of freezer room, thought about bottling especially since we are going to return here for a second year. That opens up moose, mulie and elk possibilities in the fall, not counting waterfowl and white tail lol. Bottling may be more practical to store winter meat and keep me away from the grocery store lol.

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:18 PM

All the best on your spring bear hunt. Nice to see someone can hunt bear in the spring :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users