#1 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:23 PM

So with this state of emergency my outdoor range has decided that it means they have been forced to close. Nobody is really sure why, it’s a huge outdoor compound and nearly every time I’ve ever gone I pick a range and use it all on my own. It’s easy to keep your distance at it. Plus the indoor ranges are still operating.

So now we have nowhere to go shoot. I can see a lot of plinking happening in the woods now. My town, Truro, has also closed every single outdoor space they have. Victoria park, all the walking trails, all closed. They want us to still go outside and walk/bike but apparently only on the sidewalk with everyone else.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#2 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:41 PM

So with this state of emergency my outdoor range has decided that it means they have been forced to close. Nobody is really sure why, it’s a huge outdoor compound and nearly every time I’ve ever gone I pick a range and use it all on my own. It’s easy to keep your distance at it. Plus the indoor ranges are still operating.

So now we have nowhere to go shoot. I can see a lot of plinking happening in the woods now. My town, Truro, has also closed every single outdoor space they have. Victoria park, all the walking trails, all closed. They want us to still go outside and walk/bike but apparently only on the sidewalk with everyone else.

I got up this am to mount a scope on a new rifle to take to the range tomorrow. Usually do all my sighting rifles in, in the spring. Got all my gear ready and then received an e-mail that the range is closed indefinitely. Fek! I guess this virus can live on surfaces for considerable time.

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

This is actually a bit late. Most ranges and clubs across canada have been closed for at least a week now

Cheers

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:01 PM

Not here Joe, but that stands to reason. The rest of the country had the virus firmly planted before NS did. 

My Rifle / revolver club shut down today as well as our Sporting Clays club (also today) The first Big Blaser sponsored shoot in April at Nova Sporting is now history..I suspect the Nova Series will also be cancelled, or at least post poned till fall...it's been going for 17 years strong !

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 collgan

collgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:43 PM

Not here Joe, but that stands to reason. The rest of the country had the virus firmly planted before NS did. 

My Rifle / revolver club shut down today as well as our Sporting Clays club (also today) The first Big Blaser sponsored shoot in April at Nova Sporting is now history..I suspect the Nova Series will also be cancelled, or at least post poned till fall...it's been going for 17 years strong !

Thats a shame - I was looking forward to getting out in April with you.

Especially when I was going to blame all my missed clays, on my reloading mentors flawed advice....

#6 Wendell

Wendell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:03 PM

...with this state of emergency my outdoor range has decided that it means they have been forced to close. Nobody is really sure why...

I know.

Police are now authorized to enforce orders under the Health Protection Act related to self-isolation and social distancing, and can issue summary offence tickets for people who do not adhere to those orders. Justice Minister Mark Furey said the number of people not adhering to social distancing left the province with "no choice" but to authorize police enforcement. Effective immediately, individuals can be fined $1,000 for each violation of the Health Protection Act. Businesses and corporations can be fined $7,500 for each violation, and for each subsequent day. Individuals and businesses can be fined on multiple days if they fail to comply with the law.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ch-22-1.5505859

#7 DavidRM

DavidRM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:43 AM

are d.n.r ranges still open ?

#8 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

I was there Saturday morning, I'd think that as long as there are fewer than 5 gathered youd be ok
can i go hunting yet??

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:48 AM

I was there Saturday morning, I'd think that as long as there are fewer than 5 gathered youd be ok

Was that not before the last lock down when he closed all provincial properties , parks etc or you were just lucky you didnot get caught

I would not think a range made the essential to be opened list

Cheers

#10 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

All Provincial Ranges are CLOSED ! They are part of provincial property like parks , campgrounds , under the Government shut down of the province , you are considered trespassing .

Don't care if you can still book range time online , they just never got around to shutting down the booking system .
N.B shut down theirs under the lockdown as well .
Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

All Provincial Ranges are CLOSED ! They are part of provincial property like parks , campgrounds , under the Government shut down of the province , you are considered trespassing .

Don't care if you can still book range time online , they just never got around to shutting down the booking system .
N.B shut down theirs under the lockdown as well .

Man you give the medicine hard. LOL I was trying to put a little sugar on it smile.png

#12 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

Man you give the medicine hard. LOL I was trying to put a little sugar on it :)

Just because I'm relaxing in a quiet place doesn't mean im not going tell it the way it is , sorry you all should know by now , I don't sugar coat anything . Unfortunately some don't like to hear the reality of the way it actually is.

We are now looking at possible shut down of entire country by the Emergency Measures Act and the turd is looking for special powers to override parliament procedures , this is very scary , anyone and everyone is in danger of loosing their rights and freedoms .

If SHTF let's just say I'm prepared

The Redneck is Back !

#13 NewHunter2018

NewHunter2018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

As long as I'm on the river April 1, I'm not complaining. Should be no problem to obey these social distancing regulations in the woods.

#14 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:16 AM

As long as I'm on the river April 1, I'm not complaining. Should be no problem to obey these social distancing regulations in the woods.

Agreed X2

Next neighbor for me right now is over 2k still not far enough lmao

The Redneck is Back !

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

Just because I'm relaxing in a quiet place doesn't mean im not going tell it the way it is , sorry you all should know by now , I don't sugar coat anything . Unfortunately some don't like to hear the reality of the way it actually is.

We are now looking at possible shut down of entire country by the Emergency Measures Act and the turd is looking for special powers to override parliament procedures , this is very scary , anyone and everyone is in danger of loosing their rights and freedoms .

If SHTF let's just say I'm prepared

LOL keep the blood pressure down I was only playing with you

Bored. How bored well enough to take apart a 29 year old washer and change a drum and seal that has been trickling for about 8 years now and I got the parts 8 years ago also :(

Feels good to have grease and cuts all over my hands again :) and mama out of my face for a few hours :)

Cheers

#16 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:41 AM

I was there Saturday morning and the new regulations were brought in Sunday.
I'm hearing from different sources that I can still work as an independent contractor on an ongoing construction project. Then I hear I can't do it anymore as I'd be working in a private residence.
Building supplies are another issue, I'm just waiting for this one to end now before I get back to work.
can i go hunting yet??

#17 ttc

ttc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:09 PM

a friend got a scatt system and is setting it up in the basement for his son to practice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users