7 replies to this topic

#1 hotflash

hotflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Any one on here ever think of having a firearm/related items auction?
Seems there are a lot of firearms on here and in the bargin hunter that don't seem to get sold for one reason or another.I like to see it first before laying out hard earned money for it.+ you would save shipping charges.
I think an auction around this time of year would be a good time to do it.
It would have to be all legal,guns must be registered,must have pal. I think the guys would have a better chance to get what they wanted for there items rather than to charge high prices on their adds.
You could have it in Windsor, Bridgewater etc.
There could also have booths set up by dealers or reps. advertising new items on the market, such as firearms,ammo,bows and hunting gear in general.
I feel that there is a real need and I hope that the interest would also be there.
A knife manufacturing company like the one in Pictou could have a booth set up,knife sharpening demonstrations , proper care also showed.
give us some feed back!!!!

#2 Hfx.Hunter

Hfx.Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Sounds like a great idea.

#3 KPR

KPR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8805 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

I'd probably attend and check things out.
Think its a great idea and surprised/disappointed there isn't something that happens outdoor related leading up to hunting seasons.

#4 BUCK~KNIFE

BUCK~KNIFE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationHuntin'And Fishin'

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

Sounds good to me i'd check kit out,I like looking more than spending though.LOL
Kids who hunt,trap and fish don't grow up to mug little old ladies..

#5 birddawg

birddawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

It would be great if some of the local hunting shops and their suppliers could get together and hold a fall outdoor show. I know a lot of us attend the one in the spring, but one just on the cusp of hunting season would be great, even if it was relatively small.

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom. - Chief Sitting Bull

#6 caperaway

caperaway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

Doesn't DNR do auctions of confiscated gear once a year or so? I've heard this in the past but have never seen one advertised.

#7 hotflash

hotflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

It would be great if some of the local hunting shops and their suppliers could get together and hold a fall outdoor show. I know a lot of us attend the one in the spring, but one just on the cusp of hunting season would be great, even if it was relatively small.

That's what I'm thinking,get the local gun clubs involved,maybe recruit new members,Bow hunting groups,cross bow, maybe have a shooting range for bows geared up to give newcomers a feel of it, whether cross bow or compound. What would really be nice would be to have someone from Ruger,Mossburg, Bushnell and even Cabellas there as well.Lets face it we do buy their products do we not. maybe it's time that they put something back,
Seems like we ,I mean eastern atlantic we are always left in the dark when it comes to events like this.
I would really like to see this go to the next level,not trying to put any gun show out of business or any ideas like that,just a hunting/fishing event all under one roof.
You could do the gun auction, buy hunting gear,You bid at the auction you couldn't complain about the prices,highest bid takes it so you pay what your willing to give for it.
what do yea think

#8 Mecheng

Mecheng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

there is going to be another show at Exhibition park this fall, its called the Guy Show. Its going to be similar to the Outdoor Sports and RV show but its more about other guy stuff too. I talked to the guy organizing it and they are having hunting and fishing booths.

http://www.guyshowhalifax.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users