602 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:56 PM

For those that could not do what was asked, stay at home, no fishing etc, they now are close to initiating a stay at home order, which will now mean parking the ATV's. How long before people get it? Less compliance the longer and more restrictive life becomes.

#2 ttc

ttc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:52 AM

Matter of time... People can't even figure out how to follow arrows on the floor

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:22 AM

Matter of time... People can't even figure out how to follow arrows on the floor

Isn't that the truth :(

#4 David G

David G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • LocationSalmon River, Digby county

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:21 AM

For the first time in 47 years, the Clare Easter Canoe trip has been cancelled. There will  no doubt be a foolish few that will not follow this directive... I can't see the point. The river will still be there when all of this is over. 

Statement from the Municipality of Clare regarding the Canoe Trip 2020
With the Easter long weekend approaching and with the confirmation of community spread of the COVID-19 virus in Nova Scotia, the Municipality of Clare strongly discourages the residents of Clare and of neighbouring communities from participating in this year’s Canoe Trip social gathering event. Taking part in this activity would no doubt create an unnecessary and dangerous risk to the general public while the province is under a state of emergency.
Residents are reminded that under the Province of Nova Scotia’s Authority of the Health Protection Act, there are to be no social gatherings of more than 5 people. Nova Scotians are required to practise social distancing by staying 2 metres apart to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Police are authorized to enforce orders under the Health Protection Act and issue fines when warranted. Multiple fines can be given each day an individual fails to comply. These measures have been put in place to keep our community safe.
While the Municipality acknowledges the strong attachment that some may have to this annual event, the health and safety of all residents is far more important. There are currently no vaccines available to protect you against COVID-19. We strongly encourage the community to practise an abundance of caution and common sense during this time to limit the spread of this virus. Please visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/for the latest information on COVID-19.

#5 adam_h

adam_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:58 PM

The people looking for loopholes or excuses will keep doing as they please even if there is a complete crackdown.  To them their pleasure is more important than our safety and they will always find a way to justify it. They will also be the "victim" if they get a ticket or get sick.   All we can do is get more and more $1,000 tickets handed out until people clue in.

#6 adam_h

adam_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

If 90% stay home this could be over in as little as 4 weeks

If 80% stay home this will last for 3 or 4 months

If 70% stay home we could be in lockdown for a year or two until a vaccine exists.

#7 DavidRM

DavidRM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

line up for the beer store      so much safer

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:29 AM

I still have 4 days left of quarantine... and when my time is up ... I am not going anywhere near town. People are going effing crazy with this 6 feet distancing. If you’re 5 ft from someone, they are losing the friggin minds. A friend of mine posted something ridiculous on FB last night that someone got a little too close to her mother. She cursed at her, and said she would kick her ass if she was allowed to get closer. How stupid is this !!!! Fear is our worst own enemy. This virus has an EXTREMELY low death rate. If the death rate was 50-75% ... I could see what all the panic is about. I totally blame the government and media for turning this into a fiasco. Only 11 years ago, we had the Swine Flu. The world did not shut down ... people where not told what to do ... people where not in a panic. It was allowed to run it’s course, and it claimed 575,000 lives. What did Obama do ??? Nothing. The economy was still recovering from a recession.... and in no way was he going to shut down the economy. For those that think this is “just a virus” ... so be it. This is political / Biological warfare to a TEE. What happened to those individuals from Harvard that were charged with creating a virus and selling it to China ???? That news certainly disappeared in a hurry. The “whistleblower” from china just up and disappeared. She was probably invited to stay at Hillary Clinton’s house. There is just too many “sketchy” things going on in the world for this just to be a virus. We will get through this with a very small loss of life, and will be just a memory next year this time. People need to do what’s the government is telling us .... and some need to calm the F**k down.

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:46 AM

I still have 4 days left of quarantine... and when my time is up ... I am not going anywhere near town. People are going effing crazy with this 6 feet distancing. If you’re 5 ft from someone, they are losing the friggin minds. A friend of mine posted something ridiculous on FB last night that someone got a little too close to her mother. She cursed at her, and said she would kick her ass if she was allowed to get closer. How stupid is this !!!! Fear is our worst own enemy. This virus has an EXTREMELY low death rate. If the death rate was 50-75% ... I could see what all the panic is about. I totally blame the government and media for turning this into a fiasco. Only 11 years ago, we had the Swine Flu. The world did not shut down ... people where not told what to do ... people where not in a panic. It was allowed to run it’s course, and it claimed 575,000 lives. What did Obama do ??? Nothing. The economy was still recovering from a recession.... and in no way was he going to shut down the economy. For those that think this is “just a virus” ... so be it. This is political / Biological warfare to a TEE. What happened to those individuals from Harvard that were charged with creating a virus and selling it to China ???? That news certainly disappeared in a hurry. The “whistleblower” from china just up and disappeared. She was probably invited to stay at Hillary Clinton’s house. There is just too many “sketchy” things going on in the world for this just to be a virus. We will get through this with a very small loss of life, and will be just a memory next year this time. People need to do what’s the government is telling us .... and some need to calm the F**k down.

Tell that to someone battling for their life with it right now like the guy I know and see what he tells you

Take care

#10 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:57 AM

I am not downplaying this. People are dying from it ... and in your case, Joe, it’s someone you know. I lost a very close friend the other day from cancer at 54 years of age. My both parents died at 65 from cancer. Why is there no panic from the world when cancer is mentioned ???? Look at the death rate ... and projected death rate from this virus, and look at the death rate from cancer. So much more to this than just a virus. Sorry ... but that’s my take on the whole thing.

#11 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:11 AM

I am not downplaying this. People are dying from it ... and in your case, Joe, it’s someone you know. I lost a very close friend the other day from cancer at 54 years of age. My both parents died at 65 from cancer. Why is there no panic from the world when cancer is mentioned ???? Look at the death rate ... and projected death rate from this virus, and look at the death rate from cancer. So much more to this than just a virus. Sorry ... but that’s my take on the whole thing.

As an outsider reading your posts you sure are down playing it but may not see that.

Your comparison to cancer is not even remotely relevant 

I didnot catch my cancer from being around people nor did I have to keep a 2 meter distance or was locked down in my home. The world was fine around me and 3D would be fishing and golfing now smile.png. Christ I could even shake your hand and not give you cancer

Focusing on death rates is wrong. The odds mean nothing when you have it and are dying

Plus with a little effort and following a few simple rules we can get on top of this not so with cancer

Like one guy said yesterday

Resting at home is way better than resting in peace

Take care

#12 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:59 AM

It’s very obvious that we have totally different opinions on this virus. I get your point on the cancer thing. Can’t pass that on with a handshake ... but what about the common cold ??? Way easier to contract than the corona virus. The death rate for the flu... BY FAR...  surpasses this virus. The virus is “projected” to claim 250,000 lives. The flu ... and this is FACT ... claims more than double that number every year. It’s good to be concerned about Covid-19 ... but people are going nuts over it. Why ???? People should be fearing flu season. Look at the stores on OAS days. The elderly could give a rats ass about the flu. One good thing about this “pandemic” ... I think more people will be more savvy when it comes to sanitizing. I did something in Florida that I have never done in my life ... used a wipe to wipe down the handle of a grocery cart. Not a bad practice to continue long after this is over with. 

#13 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:02 AM

It’s very obvious that we have totally different opinions on this virus. I get your point on the cancer thing. Can’t pass that on with a handshake ... but what about the common cold ??? Way easier to contract than the corona virus. The death rate for the flu... BY FAR...  surpasses this virus. The virus is “projected” to claim 250,000 lives. The flu ... and this is FACT ... claims more than double that number every year. It’s good to be concerned about Covid-19 ... but people are going nuts over it. Why ???? People should be fearing flu season. Look at the stores on OAS days. The elderly could give a rats ass about the flu. One good thing about this “pandemic” ... I think more people will be more savvy when it comes to sanitizing. I did something in Florida that I have never done in my life ... used a wipe to wipe down the handle of a grocery cart. Not a bad practice to continue long after this is over with. 

We sure do as many would 

Take care

#14 adam_h

adam_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:54 AM

Ummm.....  The flu results in 12,000 to 60,000 deaths per year, from a full year, worldwide.

COVID is at 65,000 deaths so far, in just 2 months, and it's only started reaching maturity a few countries so far.  It's still ramping up.

The US alone could see 2.2 Million deaths.  That projection is expecting 50,000 dead per day.  equivalent to the worldwide flu deaths in a year.  Per Day.....

So yeah, this isn't a flu.

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:53 AM

Went to the land today to see if the woods was drying to get my firewood out. Nope not even close. Little worried if I don't get it out it will be staying there. Coming home going past CT the parking lot was 3/4 full, Easter is coming up I guess, sad to see, there will be no flatting anythingsad.png

#16 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:23 PM

Adam_h ... not sure where you get your stats. The World Health Organization says between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths per year from Influenza.... world wide. So far the death toll is around 70,000 world wide. The whole population of the US would have to go around licking shopping carts to even get remotely close to 2.2 million deaths. ... and also ... this virus also has the highest recovery rate of all previous pandemics.

#17 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:53 PM

Adam_h ... not sure where you get your stats. The World Health Organization says between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths per year from Influenza.... world wide. So far the death toll is around 70,000 world wide. The whole population of the US would have to go around licking shopping carts to even get remotely close to 2.2 million deaths. ... and also ... this virus also has the highest recovery rate of all previous pandemics.

Truer sounding stats for sure. Some yrs the flu numbers reached 600,000. Maybe Adam h missed a zero.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#18 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:03 PM

DDD ... the flu has killed over 600,000 the last few years. The WHO is concerned that the trend is climbing over the last couple decades. 

#19 adam_h

adam_h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:10 PM

I grabbed my numbers from the CDC.  maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong.  But here's the thing:

If we listen to the 98% of the experts with first hand knowledge of this and they are  ALL wrong, then we come out of this alive and have suffered some financial hardship.

If we listen to the media pundits and politicians trying to score points and they are wrong.... then we come out of this with a LOT of dead people and even greater financial hardships than if we had listened to the experts.

#20 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:39 PM

I envoked the stay at the Cottage order , working out great so far , nearest neighbors are 2km away , we sat down last night after supper and did what we normally do when out here , so nice to be away from the rat race of those who simply just cannot comprehend to stay away from others or give distancing or what ever they want to call it .

This whole Virus is more than just a virus , too many things are shut down , too many places reduced hours of operation , too many things got cancelled , postponed or otherwise mothballed , military on standby .

It's amazing tho all this money handed out by libtards and at the wrong time b4 Easter , that will only drive sales up and the Case #s up , cause those that have symptoms and refuse to get tested along with refusing to stay indoors while at the minor scale of it , will spread it around the communities all due to lack of fkn brain cells , quite simple , just plain stupidity and lack of respect for others . Very simple those that are sick in any fashion and caught outside , put them in quarantine under armed guard , lock their asses up for 30 days , maybe the rest will simply get the fkn hint to stop going outside and stop helping spread any Cold/Flu Symptoms that this virus can attach itself to . Just maybe that's why it's so contagious its attaching itself to other forms and mutating into something that is detremental to everyone .

Anyways , I know for us we don't move far from where we're at , lots of food , gas and supplies where we're at , as for the rest that just can't take the boredom take a hobby up , find something to take your mind of things and Cope , it's certainly not hard. Then again that's common sense and we all know even that's in very short supply .

Take care everyone
Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users