#1 hityad

hityad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

Hi, 

I am a novice reloader and have no knowledge in casting my bullets. I was not going to step into the field of casting but I recently found out about the subsonic reloads in 44 Magnum in a rifle and really want to develop a load for my Henry Big Boy carbine. Wondering if anyone here casting bullets and might want to help out, I will pay any expense that may occur.  

Here is link to the video of what I am hoping to achieve: 

https://www.youtube....7aftiAAOoNHlZDE

#2 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10056 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:04 AM

There is at least one member here that is into this big time and hopefully he will chime in

take care

#3 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1737 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 26 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

I cast for 44
I use cast in the muzzle loader with a 44to50 sabot
I also load up for the annual Stanley event (200+/- rounds per year)

I have 240gr SWC and a 300gr sworn

If you are close to hrm and you want to learn how to, we can do it with distance rules. I cast out in the barn using a propane burner, no electric pot

Once I get started I usually cast 100 - 200 in a session to try to get a surplus situation going.

Once cast they are coated with liquid alox and left to dry overnight, then the reload process begins. I've got a great light load worked up for my nef single shot rifle that allows every person to shoot it comfortably.
If you are totally new to reloading, find the fb group Canadian reloading room. Lots of knowledge and resources and people will help you
can i go hunting yet??

#4 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1737 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:20 AM

Joe I was thinking that you were referring to me lol
It seems that I have a reputation for certain things, not sure if its good or bad at this stage.
can i go hunting yet??

#5 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10056 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:43 AM

Joe I was thinking that you were referring to me lol
It seems that I have a reputation for certain things, not sure if its good or bad at this stage.

Yes sir you and later bulletcaster came to mind :)

#6 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:12 AM

This guy does.....jetbullets.com. I believe he is in Alberta.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#7 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

I cast for my 45LC and 38spl revolvers. I can try answer and issues you come across best I can. I don’t do any rifle loads though so I may not have much to help you there.

I powder coat my cast loads for the revolvers so if you think of going that route I can also try answer some questions on that.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#8 hityad

hityad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:28 PM

I cast for 44
I use cast in the muzzle loader with a 44to50 sabot
I also load up for the annual Stanley event (200+/- rounds per year)

I have 240gr SWC and a 300gr sworn

If you are close to hrm and you want to learn how to, we can do it with distance rules. I cast out in the barn using a propane burner, no electric pot

Once I get started I usually cast 100 - 200 in a session to try to get a surplus situation going.

Once cast they are coated with liquid alox and left to dry overnight, then the reload process begins. I've got a great light load worked up for my nef single shot rifle that allows every person to shoot it comfortably.
If you are totally new to reloading, find the fb group Canadian reloading room. Lots of knowledge and resources and people will help you

Thanks to superslickie, I had a great learning experience in casting bullets and had some other reloading questions answered on the go. I am definitely getting into casting now given this experience. Also thanks for the 8mm projectiles and stripper clips, now I have to buy a 8mm Mauser again to get into it.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reloading, Casting, 44 Magnum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users