#1 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

http://gazette.gc.ca...df/g2-154x3.pdf

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#2 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

LOL you still on that birthday party smile.png

This was posted a few hours ago smile.png but doesn't hurt to have it here a few times

I would be shocked if too many NS hunting com members are hit.

Me I am losing one AR did you make it OK Kevin

My heart bleeds however for some of the military collectors and shooters :(

Take care

#3 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

FFS it will take a week just to read the list !
Since I don’t have any AR or similar I’ll assume I’m not hit.

HOLY FK! I have a couple Lee enfields in 303 and used for killing people in the war!
Seriously by definition as per the turd boy shouldn’t they be banned ? They were made specific to kill the enemy.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#4 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

It’s only the beginning. They will add more to it, and I doubt it will take long for it to happen. The SKS isn’t on the list, along with many other non restricted military rifles. The Tavor, the type 97, Keltec RDB. All OK for now but how long?

And for anyone who still thinks that it’s all fine and dandy to ban ARs and similar types because you’re hunting rifles are safe. Well there is a bolt action 308 on that list. And some 22s. And a couple pump rifles. So think twice about how safe your hunting firearms are.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#5 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:23 AM

It’s only the beginning. They will add more to it, and I doubt it will take long for it to happen. The SKS isn’t on the list, along with many other non restricted military rifles. The Tavor, the type 97, Keltec RDB. All OK for now but how long?
And for anyone who still thinks that it’s all fine and dandy to ban ARs and similar types because you’re hunting rifles are safe. Well there is a bolt action 308 on that list. And some 22s. And a couple pump rifles. So think twice about how safe your hunting firearms are.

Great point and excellent post.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#6 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:38 AM

Yes and I will say it again and again. If originally designed for military use yes they could but it won't be your old bolt action 303  as some fear

As said rembolt will die with his semi brownings and that is a good thing :)

Take care

#7 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:39 AM

Yesterday was yet another dark day for Democracy here in Canuckistan!
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:48 AM

Yes Mr. Trudeau ... thank you for taking the guns out of legal, law abiding citizens hands. The country just became a whole lot safer. Mr. Trudeau ... I have a question for you .... why are the natives exempt from this ban ????? Are their “assault rifles” not as dangerous and as scary looking as mine ?????? 

#9 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2449 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:48 AM

From the Gazette document...

Indigenous persons are victims of homicides involving firearms at a much higher rate than the Canadian population and this figure appears to be increasing. The total number of Indigenous victims of firearms-related homicides rose from 10.4% in 2014 to 13.5% in 2016.

So whom has the Feral Government allowed to keep these firearms?????...Indigenous peoples.

It is well established and affirmed by the Supreme Court that PUBLIC SAFETY supersedes Treaty Rights...making it very apparent that these bans are not a matter of Public Safety.

Smoke-and-mirrors.

Your True 'Ethics'...are what you do when you think no one sees you.

#10 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

May be something called a treaty?? I don't know

#11 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:55 AM

This whole gun ban has BS written all over it. SMOKE AND MIRRORS ... exactly !!!!

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:00 AM

Dudes taking your frustrations out on first nations is of no value

It is what it is  

#13 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2449 posts
  • LocationZone 106

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:08 AM

Dudes taking your frustrations out on first nations is of no value

It is what it is  

You're missing my point, Joe.

I've tried to iterate it is not a matter of Public Safety as is evidenced in their own document...

It's NOT a beef against First Nations peoples.

Your True 'Ethics'...are what you do when you think no one sees you.

#14 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:10 AM

3macs if you really believe that the “old 303s” are perfectly safe then you’re not understanding the whole problem. There is a sentence in it somewhere, and I can’t remmeber the exact wording, but it says there is a risk that people will replace the now prohibited firearms with other models and they may need to add guns to the list as needed. So what happens when the only thing left to replace your confiscated guns is the old passed down bolt actions? They will take those.

Saying that “designed for military” is ok to ban also makes no sense. There are 22s on the list, clearly not designed for military purpose. Pump action and single shot AR style, not designed for military use, a bolt action 308 made by accuracy international, no different than someone taking a rem 700 and adding a chassis stock to it.

The Remington 870 and mossberg 500 are the most popular military and police shotguns in the world, so what happens when they say that is military style gun?

#15 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:21 AM

3macs if you really believe that the “old 303s” are perfectly safe then you’re not understanding the whole problem. There is a sentence in it somewhere, and I can’t remmeber the exact wording, but it says there is a risk that people will replace the now prohibited firearms with other models and they may need to add guns to the list as needed. So what happens when the only thing left to replace your confiscated guns is the old passed down bolt actions? They will take those.

Saying that “designed for military” is ok to ban also makes no sense. There are 22s on the list, clearly not designed for military purpose. Pump action and single shot AR style, not designed for military use, a bolt action 308 made by accuracy international, no different than someone taking a rem 700 and adding a chassis stock to it.

The Remington 870 and mossberg 500 are the most popular military and police shotguns in the world, so what happens when they say that is military style gun?

Well you know looking back old 3 macs seems to have had a pretty good handle on what was going to take place which is why he only lost one ar which he knew he would

All the chicken littles here with their aussy, Uk and new zealand BS were wrong  and for once the government did exactly what they said they were going to do

Did they maybe get a couple wrong sure but overall they didnot and if anything missed quite a few I would have on the list

The mossy and 870's will never make a list as long as you leave them alone and not alter them. Keep them 5 shot max and you will die with them , add a tube extension like a military model and yes it could be gone

To me is it simple designed for military or altered potentially on list left alone as supplied by factory for hunting and target sports fine. No different with the bolt actions 5 round mag fine add more and you have an issue. I suspect mags are next to be banned

So far it worked for me

take care

#16 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:25 AM

Do you understand how they banned the 50 cal rifles? Not by size. They banned it by muzzle energy. All they need to do is lower that number and the 338s, 300 mag etc will be next.

So why are you ok with the AR being banned? Safety? Why is not ok for some of us to enjoy sport shooting with it?

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:32 AM

Do you understand how they banned the 50 cal rifles? Not by size. They banned it by muzzle energy. All they need to do is lower that number and the 338s, 300 mag etc will be next.

So why are you ok with the AR being banned? Safety? Why is not ok for some of us to enjoy sport shooting with it?

Yep sure do as well as some hunting rifles with that muzzle energy. such as  .460 weatherby, .458 lott,450 rig and 458 win

Don't know a lot but know a fair amount about guns

Once again stop the chicken little on the 338 etc . All they had to do was follow NZ and we would have nothing left either but that didnot happen

Well with 38 potentials on the chopping block and losing one ( which I had time to sell but rolled the dice and lost  ) no I am not happy but some dam relieved as I am sure you can understand

Plus the AR is a 100% original military design not sporting as some think so I knew it was toast

If this had of happened years ago when I took over mt dad's collection I would have lost over 40 for sure. There is a guy in town here I am betting he has over 100 on the chopping block which is real sad. I am sure he can afford to hide the non restricted ones. NOT

take care

#18 Amstaff

Amstaff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:15 AM

Some great comments here and I do think that this is probably just the beginning.When governments start banning anything whether guns or dog breeds the list becomes a work in process.Eventually they may go after all centerfire semis then onto lever actions this has been the pattern in other countries of the commonwealth.I read the whole list last night and some of these banned weapons,I don’t even know how people could get mortar and rocket launchers seems crazy.

#19 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1339 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:15 PM

Some great comments here and I do think that this is probably just the beginning.When governments start banning anything whether guns or dog breeds the list becomes a work in process.Eventually they may go after all centerfire semis then onto lever actions this has been the pattern in other countries of the commonwealth.I read the whole list last night and some of these banned weapons,I don’t even know how people could get mortar and rocket launchers seems crazy.

I think some of the launchers were legal to own but the ammo was strictly regulated, like all other explosives. Can’t do much with a empty tube.

#20 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

You're missing my point, Joe.

I've tried to iterate it is not a matter of Public Safety as is evidenced in their own document...

It's NOT a beef against First Nations peoples.

Understand. Good to hear from you again also. Hope you are well 

take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users