• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#21 Amstaff

Amstaff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

I see this mortar and rocket stuff will affect military collectors.It will be interesting to see how this goes over I may buy some stock in companies that make pvc pipe.lol

#22 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1804 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:08 PM

Now that I've flipped through the list a few times I see that if the intent was to remove military type weapons from the general population they've missed a few. Ok a lot more than a few, i have a made for military training (303 trainer) mossberg 46mb. Yes I know its ONLY a 22 but it was made specifically for the military. I know I had a parts gun that I sold for $600 on nutz.
I wonder if they will target it in the future or let it slide
can i go hunting yet??

#23 Long Range

Long Range

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationHant county

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:08 PM

I have no guns on the list , a friend and fellow member of the HWWA and a wounded veteran has a Ruger mini 223 and it was there on the list.He uses it for youts only. I called our MP office and left a message today. My last words were "shame is on you".They go after honest hunters and collectors and blame a model of a gun for the crimes of a human committed with it. No logic to the liberal Quacks. Same voted for these too. Shame on Us!

#24 ttc

ttc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

What happens when they decide any semi is to dangerous or like new Zealand anything with magazine larger then x rounds or what ever number they feel is the safest. So my coey 33 with a tube capacity of 14 is now prohibited. A rifle that in the 40,50,60 was an acceptable present for young boys. So your Enfield 303 with a 10 magazine and designed for the military is definitely a goner. As is some others. Or any the lever guns able to hold 6 rounds. Was it a rifle design to shoot 223 so dangerous because the government has told us it is insufficient to kill a white tail humanely. The repeatedly say the ar was designed for the military to kill as many people in a short amount of time. When I did my training we where told the key is to injure another combatant so 2 others have to carry them out of the fight effectively removing 3. They don't talk about the fact the military since pre WW1 agreed that the use of expanding ammunition was not acceptable to use on the battle field as it was not humane to shoot people with such ammunition. I do not like the use of missinformation from eighter side and the use of only that data that aligns with your ideology and strengthens the platform you are on.

#25 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5535 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

3macs if you really believe that the “old 303s” are perfectly safe then you’re not understanding the whole problem. There is a sentence in it somewhere, and I can’t remmeber the exact wording, but it says there is a risk that people will replace the now prohibited firearms with other models and they may need to add guns to the list as needed. So what happens when the only thing left to replace your confiscated guns is the old passed down bolt actions? They will take those.
Saying that “designed for military” is ok to ban also makes no sense. There are 22s on the list, clearly not designed for military purpose. Pump action and single shot AR style, not designed for military use, a bolt action 308 made by accuracy international, no different than someone taking a rem 700 and adding a chassis stock to it.
The Remington 870 and mossberg 500 are the most popular military and police shotguns in the world, so what happens when they say that is military style gun?

The problem is not with guys like us but with the public that is not educated about guns, types etc. Many people actually believe a lot of the guns on the list ARE FULL AUTO.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#26 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5535 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:57 PM

I think some of the launchers were legal to own but the ammo was strictly regulated, like all other explosives. Can’t do much with a empty tube.

I may be wrong and you may be more knowledgeable on the subject.

I believe it’s not legal to even own an empty shell casing from a tank round.
But you can own a tank.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#27 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:03 PM

Here is one to chew on if anyone thinks the general public cares about us or doesn't agree with what Justin did.

Hot off the press and this is those that want no guns of any types in the cities. Almost 1/2 of halifax

kOr4BG9.jpg

#28 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5535 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

Real bright aren’t they Both the police chief of Hfx and the police chief of Toronto have publicly stated “ banning firearms will not help the fight against violent crime “.

#29 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:09 PM

Real bright aren’t they Both the police chief of Hfx and the police chief of Toronto have publicly stated “ banning firearms will not help the fight against violent crime “.

Yes but as we know their voice over the people/ voters  is useless

#30 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:48 AM

3macs, I want you to go look up the RPA quadlock and tell me again that all our bolt action hunting and target rifles will be safe forever. I need to feel the comfort of your assurance on that after noticing this one. Explain to me it’s “military specific design”.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#31 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

3macs, I want you to go look up the RPA quadlock and tell me again that all our bolt action hunting and target rifles will be safe forever. I need to feel the comfort of your assurance on that after noticing this one. Explain to me it’s “military specific design”.

It is one gun on a list of many. Like I said before sure there may be a few mistakes but I am hearing they are not mistakes they are guns that have been used here in mass killings in the past

That seems to be criteria now for banning the non military design ones. There are two on the list from the NS shooting and I have no clue what ones they are other than someone said one was a 308 bolt 

You do as you see fit with what you own but I am very comfortable that what I have left with the exception of handguns ( the jury is still out on those)  will make it trough any future rounds as they have for 55 years for me. Including my sweet browning semi shotguns like rembolts all six of them smile.png

Take care 

#32 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:30 AM

LOL and some wonder here why I am so negative. Here is my fellow gun nutz members solution to this gun ban. Are we really that dumb

Insist on going to prison

The judges would be furious

Oh yes it gets better 

Because... if we don't Canadians are weak sheep. That is all.

#33 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

So they’re only going to ban a “non military” rifle if it’s used in a mass shooting? That’s what makes your guns safe? What rifle did the guy use in the parliament hill attack? A lever 30-30. Don’t be surprised if lever guns come on there soon. Relatively high magazine capacity, especially in the pistol caliber ones. Capable of fairly long range. Will you be ok if they say lever actions are not needed for hunting?
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#34 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:08 PM

So they’re only going to ban a “non military” rifle if it’s used in a mass shooting? That’s what makes your guns safe? What rifle did the guy use in the parliament hill attack? A lever 30-30. Don’t be surprised if lever guns come on there soon. Relatively high magazine capacity, especially in the pistol caliber ones. Capable of fairly long range. Will you be ok if they say lever actions are not needed for hunting?

That is what they are saying. I don't know since I never did the list . Funny how I knew you would bring that old 30/30 up and that was not a mass shooting

How about I will keep believing what I have  since it works for me and you keep your hard hat on for when the next shoe drops and keep your lever cleaned for pick up when they come for it

Just don't blame me if all your hair falls out and you get bald from waiting and wearing the hat :)

take care

#35 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

Read an article this morning from the cbc the violence against womans rights groups are pushing for everything to be banned in the next round of the gun grab so really nothing is going to be safe cause this is probally the first phase of the end if the liberals regain a majority or use the OIC again.So time will tell i guess and because gun owners are divided were easy pickens and this i why i agree with 3MACS we need one org representing everyone for a collective voice, lawyers and lobbyists to stand up against these anti's.Petitions do nothing the libs wipe their arse with them...

#36 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:43 PM

Read an article this morning from the cbc the violence against womans rights groups are pushing for everything to be banned in the next round of the gun grab so really nothing is going to be safe cause this is probally the first phase of the end if the liberals regain a majority or use the OIC again.So time will tell i guess and because gun owners are divided were easy pickens and this i why i agree with 3MACS we need one org representing everyone for a collective voice, lawyers and lobbyists to stand up against these anti's.Petitions do nothing the libs wipe their arse with them...

Yes once blood is seen they will all go for the kill

I don't know how we can get there since even now many are saying those guns should never have been out there and I hope handguns are next and these are gun owners

I agree with you 100% but have never found a way to get us there

Take care

#37 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:06 PM

Read an interesting post today which is something all the rebels here should at least ponder on their now prohibited guns

The province of Quebec uses a copy of the original LGR data and updates it with any purchases that have been made within the province ever since

Thus there is records of what one had during LGR days and if Quebec was involved what you may have bought since

Here was the one that got me. If one thinks the rcmp have no records to non registered firearms purchased on this list especially new or used from a shop please explain how they carried this out. Stores are required to keep these records for 20 years :(

How did the RCMP know exactly what homes to target during the High River gun grab since many had no restricted firearms

#38 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5094 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

[quote name="3macs1" post="904500" timestamp="1588525567"]Read an interesting post today which is something all the rebels here should at least ponder on their now prohibited guns[/quote] Rebels? Why, because we aren't willing to accept our descent into 1930's Germany?

The province of Quebec uses a copy of the original LGR data and updates it with any purchases that have been made within the province ever since
Thus there is records of what one had during LGR days and if Quebec was involved what you may have bought since[/quote]
The Quebec data is being skewered every day buy people in other parts of Canada buying in QC and promptly selling or trading to someone else outside QC. I have done it myself 2 times.

Here was the one that got me. If one thinks the rcmp have no records to non registered firearms purchased on this list especially new or used from a shop please explain how they carried this out. Stores are required to keep these records for 20 years :(

How did the RCMP know exactly what homes to target during the High River gun grab since many had no restricted firearms[/quote]

Duh, they run the firearms center. They went by the list of license holders.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#39 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5094 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:29 PM

The best way to sabotage the Gov't's machine is to throw all the wrenches you can into it!
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#40 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2301 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

Yes Mr. Trudeau ... thank you for taking the guns out of legal, law abiding citizens hands. The country just became a whole lot safer. Mr. Trudeau ... I have a question for you .... why are the natives exempt from this ban ????? Are their “assault rifles” not as dangerous and as scary looking as mine ?????? 

Ha ha sock boy ran and hid when they blocked the trains . he is scared of the natives .

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users