259 replies to this topic

#41 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8982 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:09 PM

yea...and he took the next day off (his first day off since the quarantine) after announcing the bull chit about firearms

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#42 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:16 PM

yea...and he took the next day off (his first day off since the quarantine) after announcing the bull chit about firearms

Nope he needed a break to rest up for the second shoe to fall :(

https://beta.ctvnews...Dc1E6zrN3rObBQM

#43 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

So here’s a situation for all the fudds out there who keep saying it’s all ok they only banned military guns that no one needs. I’m ok. Well the next one down the pipe is the handguns. When they ban those or severely restrict (even more) what they can be used for you know what happens next? People give up paying for range memberships. Then the ranges close as they’re broke. Then there’s nowhere good to go shoot those old guns that are safe from being banned. If you want to keep more than just the garbage DNR ranges, it’s not looking good.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#44 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:24 PM

I think you are missing one important thing most of these guys you label ( I won't use that word sorry) are not club or range members now and an odd trip to a DNR range is just fine

Take care

#45 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Nope he needed a break to rest up for the second shoe to fall sad.png

https://beta.ctvnews...Dc1E6zrN3rObBQM

Thats not all being said there bringing in red flag laws now Blair says the libs are giving your health care provider the right  break patient confidentiality to call in if they think your a danger to yourself or others to have your weapons takin away.Nazi CANADA  here we come......

#46 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:18 AM

Thats not all being said there bringing in red flag laws now Blair says the libs are giving your health care provider the right  break patient confidentiality to call in if they think your a danger to yourself or others to have your weapons takin away.Nazi CANADA  here we come......

Honestly that happens now. They came for mine 15 years ago as well as some other club members I was involved with storing theirs until the smoke cleared so they didnot take them 

All was done there is family doc refers you to head doc and head doc writes the letter and the knock comes to the door so 

Not a dam thing they can do if no longer there and safe in another friends location which you have no idea who or where. That is important. Move ammo and reloading gear also

Christ when I went to get my ammo etc after they finally found the cancer and said no old Joe is not nuts  it was in baddeck and a member here knows where smile.png

The boys saved my ass when I got sick since they knew all about this BS was coming

The ones they did get to take from others before they guys figured out what to do came back tied in a blanket, rusted and beat to f'k and some missing and never any compensation

Take care 

#47 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8982 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:20 AM

Anybody know... was it ever clearly stated by the RC's or the media..WHICH TYPE of firearm(s) exactly were used by that sick F**K ?? I don't remember ever reading or hearing it. Only heard 'long guns"...and a pistol 

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#48 1NSH Dave

1NSH Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts
  • LocationMiddle Stewiacke

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:44 AM

All I remember hearing is that some of his guns were from Canada and some were form the states but never what they actually were. But they’ve said it was on their list. But that narrows it down to like 1000 options so who knows. But I wouldn’t put it past them to just say it was whatever they want it to have been.
Time to start hunting them coyotes, I think!!!!

#49 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

Never a word.One day they did say two semi handguns, one assault style long gun and another long gun

Take care

#50 Joyrider

Joyrider

So much anger towards everything... :-(

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

Anybody know... was it ever clearly stated by the RC's or the media..WHICH TYPE of firearm(s) exactly were used by that sick F**K ?? I don't remember ever reading or hearing it. Only heard 'long guns"...and a pistol 

Not yet.

I would imagine that unless there is a lot of pressure they'll wait until the end of the investigation.  From their point of view, releasing parts of info before they finish is an issue.  Probably true, if things change and something like they find another gun after they announce - people would be all over them - "Hiding info!"  "Lying!" etc.   It's deff easier for them to wait and release it all at once.

So unless the media (it's usually them who spearhead it) mount a court challenge to get it, I would guess (just a guess!) we'll have to wait a bit to find out.

Rob

#51 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:16 AM

Good perspective here:

https://docs.google....6JGvUb2vsAg/pub

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#52 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1157 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

I have never seen the actual list of firearms used in the shooting. So many different things being said by the officials, that I don’t believe half of them. What I have heard ... one rifle (not a military style) ... one shotgun... and several handguns.... one of which was the fallen RCMP officer’s gun. We will probably never know exactly what was used. I’m sure Trudeau already told the RCMP not to disclose that information to the public. .... and we all know ... when Trudeau speaks .. the RCMP back down.

#53 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5535 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

The important part of what weapons were used is : THEY WERE NOT LEGALLY OWNED BY HIM. What he used wouldn’t really matter they have their list for this time and their list for for next time.

SLOWLY THE DIVIDED WILL FALL

Scientific enough for ya joyrider
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#54 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

Would not matter if he killed 21 people with a Axe and only 1 person with the Barrel of a gun beating them to death , they still focus he used some sort of gun !
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#55 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

The important part of what weapons were used is : THEY WERE NOT LEGALLY OWNED BY HIM. What he used wouldn’t really matter they have their list for this time and their list for for next time.

SLOWLY THE DIVIDED WILL FALL

Scientific enough for ya joyrider

I don't know, I have no idea what you mean, after "...NOT LEGALLY OWNED BY HIM". 

After that you seem to go into "THEY" are gonna get us mode, but I am not sure about what.  ;-)  What they THEY going to do?

Don't call me out and make me respond unless there is a fact based topic defined and clearly articulated!  biggrin.png
 biggrin.png biggrin.png 

Serious though - I think you mean the liberals planned the ban prior to this...?  If I'm right - then yea, of course.  It was in their election platform - they said they were gong to do exactly this.  They started to do it before the last election and didn't finish.  Since they had support of the Bloc on this topic it was pretty likely to happen soon, this just made it a super easy thing for them to do that the other parties can't really blast them on due to the shooting.

Really not a topic to drag me into though - no science here - all opinion.  Everyone's is valid when it's just opinion stuff.

My opinion - while I don't like it, the liberals had no choice.  the majority of Canadians want this, they said years ago they'd do this, if they didn't do something now they would lose their supporters.  They need their supporters.  The people they pissed off who are on here saying "they are done now!" are not people who would have voted for them anyway.  I would say they lost very few votes and likely gained a whole lot (especially in QU which has a lot of seats up for grabs).  Politically - I don't see how they could have done anything else.

Again, before someone blasts me, let me repeat, just because (I think...?)  I understand what they did - that doesn't mean I agree with it.  :-)

So there's a whole post of non-science based opinion for ya to chew on.  :-)

Rob

#56 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1734 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:50 AM

My opinion - while I don't like it, the liberals had no choice.  the majority of Canadians want this, they said years ago they'd do this, if they didn't do something now they would lose their supporters.  They need their supporters.  The people they pissed off who are on here saying "they are done now!" are not people who would have voted for them anyway.  I would say they lost very few votes and likely gained a whole lot (especially in QU which has a lot of seats up for grabs).  Politically - I don't see how they could have done anything else.

Again, before someone blasts me, let me repeat, just because (I think...?)  I understand what they did - that doesn't mean I agree with it.  :-)

Rob

Yep - I agree with your opinion on this. The Liberals have done a great job over the last few years framing this debate that has lead to support and “votes”.  Unfortunately, politically it’s a big win for them and the killings in NS kicked in a large door of opportunity for them to do this now. "............. and having a drama teacher speaking moistly raises the emotions in those who really don’t understand this issue but love what he says.  

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#57 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:13 AM

I don't know, I have no idea what you mean, after "...NOT LEGALLY OWNED BY HIM". 

After that you seem to go into "THEY" are gonna get us mode, but I am not sure about what.  ;-)  What they THEY going to do?

Don't call me out and make me respond unless there is a fact based topic defined and clearly articulated!  biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png 

Serious though - I think you mean the liberals planned the ban prior to this...?  If I'm right - then yea, of course.  It was in their election platform - they said they were gong to do exactly this.  They started to do it before the last election and didn't finish.  Since they had support of the Bloc on this topic it was pretty likely to happen soon, this just made it a super easy thing for them to do that the other parties can't really blast them on due to the shooting.

Really not a topic to drag me into though - no science here - all opinion.  Everyone's is valid when it's just opinion stuff.

So there's a whole post of non-science based opinion for ya to chew on.  :-)

Rob

Angus reid who most canadians believe

CnJbklq.png

#58 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

Any body wanna sell there ARs the americans are asking how to do it on refuge forms so if ya want more money for them than our gov is gonna pay go to the political sec on The refuge form a cdn already told them about the forsale site on gunnutz.So for somebody who does some sellin now this might make ya some money if you know what paperwork is needed kind of a fu to the libs it you can sell them to the americans.

#59 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Any body wanna sell there ARs the americans are asking how to do it on refuge forms so if ya want more money for them than our gov is gonna pay go to the political sec on The refuge form a cdn already told them about the forsale site on gunnutz.So for somebody who does some sellin now this might make ya some money if you know what paperwork is needed kind of a fu to the libs it you can sell them to the americans.

Americans are not allowed to import them into the US from what I recall when trying to send one to my brother but will check that since it was a couple years ago

That took long

All importations of firearms into the US have to be approved by the ATF. Pistols (inc prohibs), bolt guns, shotguns, and semi-autos that aren't black, are no problem - as long as they're not Chinese mfg. AR's typically have been refused due to the ATF describing them as not having any sporting or practical purpose. They would not allow my Colt Hbar Sporter Competition to be imported into the US as one example, with that specific reply on a Form6.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of selling your AR collection legally to an American.

#60 Joyrider

Joyrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:49 AM

Americans are not allowed to import them into the US from what I recall when trying to send one to my brother but will check that since it was a couple years ago

That took long

All importations of firearms into the US have to be approved by the ATF. Pistols (inc prohibs), bolt guns, shotguns, and semi-autos that aren't black, are no problem - as long as they're not Chinese mfg. AR's typically have been refused due to the ATF describing them as not having any sporting or practical purpose. They would not allow my Colt Hbar Sporter Competition to be imported into the US as one example, with that specific reply on a Form6.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of selling your AR collection legally to an American.

That's a little surprising since they are so widely available and owned down there.   Border laws are a strange beast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users