#161 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 09:58 AM

Real glad to hear the greenhouse is working out for you
As you know keep a real close eye on the watering during these hot days . Most now will dry out after a morning watering by evening and I know mine now have to be done twice a day and that is with two 24" fans and a 36" in most running 100% but cannot keep them under 95 degrees
take care

Set up a auto matic watering system with two large water containers , Plastic /metal cage style , ran mulitible/ several lengths of PVC pipe the out front to back and then back again separated every two feet with holes drilled thre was for bottom and side watering , turn on the main shut off and voila , gravity fed watering with about 800 litres in storage set up on old scaffolding and angle irons in outside , made use of lots of stuff from heavy garbage throw out last several yrs ( amazing the stuff that gets thrown out that can be reused with lots life left in it ) . Now it's just juggling back and forth to Sydney when need be . Soon that will end
Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

#162 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10055 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

Set up a auto matic watering system with two large water containers , Plastic /metal cage style , ran mulitible/ several lengths of PVC pipe the out front to back and then back again separated every two feet with holes drilled thre was for bottom and side watering , turn on the main shut off and voila , gravity fed watering with about 800 litres in storage set up on old scaffolding and angle irons in outside , made use of lots of stuff from heavy garbage throw out last several yrs ( amazing the stuff that gets thrown out that can be reused with lots life left in it ) . Now it's just juggling back and forth to Sydney when need be . Soon that will end

Smart man setting that up from the start. Watering in a greenhouse is a ton of work vs outdoors

I have all my baskets on the auto drippers but for me the other misters made way too much mess and wasted a ton of water so I do the shelves by hand wand

Take care

#163 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10055 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:52 AM

Me badbiggrin.png More seed down this am, but it is just pouring here. We need it. Brooks were low even before the snow left.

Yes I am moving many of the veggie transplants out of the greenhouses to tables today trying to get them hardened off and cannot wait for that rain to hit them to night

48 flats out and about 48 more to go sad.png Like 6 tables of just what I call the tough ones like cabbage etc 

One can water until you are blue in the face but no water works like rain water to make them grow

I put my onions in this week all 900 of them sad.png  plus 404 Shallots which I have never grew before ( hoping these are a seller for me ) and waiting for this run of rain to pass to get my potatoes in. Dropping a roll or two this year since many go to waste. I think two 100 foot rolls is enough since I don't sell them

Dinner break over mrs is on the move sad.png

take care

#164 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:09 PM

3maccs don't beat me up. Incoming pm from my shooting club this am. RCMP firearms lab are going through the firearms reference table changing classification to prohibited on additional firearms. Anything that looks like an AR15 is at risk. More they say to follow. 

#165 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10055 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

3maccs don't beat me up. Incoming pm from my shooting club this am. RCMP firearms lab are going through the firearms reference table changing classification to prohibited on additional firearms. Anything that looks like an AR15 is at risk. More they say to follow. 

?? Not going to beat you up

That is not new really. They have added a lot of models since may 1st some say close to 300 I am not sure but all based on the AR 10 & 15 platform NOT just looking like a AR like some say

If designed like a AR it is toast

I will see if I can find the additional list but there are so many BS ones out there it may be best to wait and see them on the RCMP site

Nothing I have seen so far much different design than what the AR design is.

Still NO 7400 or the BIG one NO old levers smile.png

Cheers

This is what they are using

The firearms of the designs commonly known as the
M16, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles and the M4 carbine, and any
variants 
or modified versions of them —

#166 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1737 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted Yesterday, 08:55 PM

I got a letter from rcmp informing me of new prohib firearms and listed the options

I suspect that everyone will get it as it's a mass distribution information brochure
can i go hunting yet??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users