#41 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1737 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:02 PM

If I remember correctly they are not allowed to ask what is in the parcel being mailed, only if it a dangerous goods item.
If they label it as a firearm then anyone handling it can lose it.
Thats how it was explained to me by a senior administration official for Canada post
can i go hunting yet??

#42 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:08 PM

If I remember correctly they are not allowed to ask what is in the parcel being mailed, only if it a dangerous goods item.
If they label it as a firearm then anyone handling it can lose it.
Thats how it was explained to me by a senior administration official for Canada post

Some of them are making it there business. My buddy told them it was fishing rods but they stated it was to heavy for fishing rods. No standard.

#43 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10054 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:49 PM

FYI

Asking what is inside I am not 100% but they sure can open it if they suspect issues per the canada post act

The Canada Post Corporation Act, prepared by the Department of Justice, grants us the sole privilege in Canada of collecting, transmitting and delivering letters ...

Inspection of Mail

• 41 (1) The Corporation may open any mail, other than a letter, to determine in any particular case

•  whether the conditions prescribed by regulations made pursuant to paragraph 19(1)© have been complied with;

•  whether the manner prescribed by regulations made pursuant to paragraph 19(1)(e) has been adhered to; or

•  whether the mail is non-mailable matter.

#44 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1317 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

The website says it is temp due to the covid stuff (something about signatures).  Let's hope that is true.  :-)

#45 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

After selling 6 or 7 guns in a 2 week span, The nosy old bayooch at the brookside PO kept asking me if it was a gun...twice I said to her...NOT that it's any of your business WHAT i'm shipping, but they're golf clubs.  few days later..SAME thing..crowd there, .I got fed up and told the nosy old bayooch  that it was a very large vibrator..she could open it if she'd possibly like to order one too....never,,,EVER asked me again ! laugh.png laugh.png 

Although, I did give her a wink a few times after that, when  I handed her a scope in brown paper I was shipping out !!cool.png cool.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#46 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5223 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

After selling 6 or 7 guns in a 2 week span, The nosy old bayooch at the brookside PO kept asking me if it was a gun...twice I said to her...NOT that it's any of your business WHAT i'm shipping, but they're golf clubs.  few days later..SAME thing..crowd there, .I got fed up and told the nosy old bayooch  that it was a very large vibrator..she could open it if she'd possibly like to order one too....never,,,EVER asked me again ! :lol: :lol: 

Although, I did give her a wink a few times after that, when  I handed her a scope in brown paper I was shipping out !!B) B)

Thanks for the laugh!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#47 Winchester94

Winchester94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:08 AM

Good one Kevin,,,lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users