18 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Well fired my newly acquired 356 Winchester today with reloads, 180 grain Speers and Hornby FTX 200 grain. The little bugger has more kick I found than a 45-70, or most of my rifles. My 180 loads that I previously posted about being compressed loads appeared to be the better of the two. Going back to the range tomorrow to dial a few more in, one being the newly acquired CB 45-70

#2 bakerpete

bakerpete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Locationhammonds plains

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Nice , keep us updated on how they preform .Some of the lever guns (especially the lighter ones ) kick a little with heavier loads .I've got a model 94 in .44 mag and it usually doesn't kick too much ,unless i run the 320grain +p+ buffalo bores through it biggrin.png, then she's like a little angry mule  .

Wish i had half the skill with a rifle my dad had(rest in peace  Dad).

#3 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1317 posts
  • LocationBrookside (Off of the prospect Rd - Halifax area)

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:30 AM

Well fired my newly acquired 356 Winchester today with reloads, 180 grain Speers and Hornby FTX 200 grain. The little bugger has more kick I found than a 45-70, or most of my rifles. My 180 loads that I previously posted about being compressed loads appeared to be the better of the two. Going back to the range tomorrow to dial a few more in, one being the newly acquired CB 45-70

Nice!  Are the privite ranges (clubs) open now?

#4 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:47 AM

Nice!  Are the privite ranges (clubs) open now?

NMGC is, 5 max, no guests.

#5 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

My shotgun club...Nova Sporting Clays is opening today( IIRC)..Max 25 shooters on range at once...ONLY BY PREVIOUSLY  booking of appointments.

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#6 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:12 PM

My shotgun club...Nova Sporting Clays is opening today( IIRC)..Max 25 shooters on range at once...ONLY BY PREVIOUSLY  booking of appointments.

Just wondering what a normal max would be

#7 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:02 AM

75 to 100 most days

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#8 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

75 to 100 most days

WOW so a huge cut back

Thanks and take care

#9 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:14 AM

Early to rise, early on the range, early home. 45-70 CBA all sighted in, a few more down range with the 356, and a ICON 270 dailed in. Range taking bookings now, people want range time.

#10 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1317 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:40 AM

I was looking at joining the Musquodoboit club before this all started.  Hopefully when it's over.  :-)

#11 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

I was looking at joining the Musquodoboit club before this all started.  Hopefully when it's over.  :-)

Best Buy for the $. After your first yr you can then buy a lifetime membership. I paid $600 for lifetime membership,likely more now tho.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#12 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

Best Buy for the $. After your first yr you can then buy a lifetime membership. I paid $600 for lifetime membership,likely more now tho.

If you had helped me with my blind I could have taken you to our range as a guest, plus I have a nice hunting campbiggrin.png

#13 Joyrider

Joyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1317 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:04 AM

Nice!  Yea, it's $1000 now by the looks of things, although it's also listed in another area as $800, one of those two is likely the right one.  :-)

With the crap going on - I'm patiently waiting for bear season now to finish my load development I guess....  :-) 

...unless they do open the public ranges - but who knows...

#14 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

If you had helped me with my blind I could have taken you to our range as a guest, plus I have a nice hunting camp:D

Look here you old coot I offered to help but you never called me!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:24 AM

Look here you old coot I offered to help but you never called me!

biggrin.png Did get a surprise call yesterday, Halifax Infirmary to look at my hand Monday coming. Wow, why the big change in there minds.

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10051 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:27 AM

biggrin.png Did get a surprise call yesterday, Halifax Infirmary to look at my hand Monday coming. Wow, why the big change in there minds.

Hope they can help you

All the best with it

#17 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5219 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

:D Did get a surprise call yesterday, Halifax Infirmary to look at my hand Monday coming. Wow, why the big change in there minds.

Awesome hope they fix er up like new, GOOD LUCK YOUNG FELLA!

#18 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

Awesome hope they fix er up like new, GOOD LUCK YOUNG FELLA!

Well another weird one. Had an ultrasound on my hand done. The attendant got a doctor to come in to examine me afterwards. It appears that those that wanted to do surgery for severed tendons would have wasted there time, they appear to be intact. Why does the hand does not function, the doc said dislocated possibly, asked did they take an x ray. Going in circles here, x rays were done, I was in a cast, no one knows why, I was punted from emergency three times, turned down for a MRI, plus suppose to have been operated on twice. No further ahead. The report will now go back to the surgeon in Lunenburg.

#19 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2947 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:24 PM

Another range moring 7:30 am. Two 44 mags dialed in and a black shadow winchester 30-30. No one but me and rabbits on the course. Stew tonightbiggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users