Sydney Girl Calls For End To Cape Breton Moose Hunt - Hunting in the News - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Sydney Girl Calls For End To Cape Breton Moose Hunt

Cape Breton Nova Scotia moose hunt Zadie Targett

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wendell

Wendell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

SYDNEY, N.S. — A Cape Breton girl’s online petition calling on the province to end the moose hunt is racking up thousands of signatures. Zadie Targett created the change.org petition directed to Nova Scotia Lands and Forestry Minister Iain Rankin on May 13. As of Wednesday, it had been signed by more than 2,200 people.

https://www.thechron...se-hunt-452512/

#2 Rembolt

Rembolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2264 posts
  • LocationWestphal

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

Hummm she doesn't believe dnr lastest numbers either 😷.

Citori 725 Sporting

​Maxus Hunter
Maxus Stalker
Citori Lighting Micro
Citori 725 field 20ga

BPS Field

​Remington 1100 std weight 20ga 

#3 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:16 PM

All for it as long as Mi'kmaq are included.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#4 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:44 AM

Nomad ... if this was ever to become a reality ... you know the natives would be exempt. Also ... if this was to ever happen ... the moose would multiply like crazy ... then they would have to “cull” them.... with the help of helicopters, of course. I’m not in favour of stopping the hunt ... I would be in favour of less tags ... because the numbers the DNR come up with are far from reality IMO.

#5 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5028 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:38 AM

Nomad ... if this was ever to become a reality ... you know the natives would be exempt. Also ... if this was to ever happen ... the moose would multiply like crazy ... then they would have to “cull” them.... with the help of helicopters, of course. I’m not in favour of stopping the hunt ... I would be in favour of less tags ... because the numbers the DNR come up with are far from reality IMO.

I don't advocate a permanent closure. Just temporary and only if it is across the board. The draw hunti isn't the problem. Over harvesting by natives and residents of the communities in and around the highlands is what's having the most impact. Followed by hard winters and predation.i am also of the opinion that heads should roll over that cull which served no purpose other than to fleece the taxpayer. Population numbers are being fudged right now for any number of reasons. Personally, I believe it's to cover some asses over that farce of a cull..
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#6 DH11

DH11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:12 PM

I don't advocate a permanent closure. Just temporary and only if it is across the board. The draw hunti isn't the problem. Over harvesting by natives and residents of the communities in and around the highlands is what's having the most impact. Followed by hard winters and predation.i am also of the opinion that heads should roll over that cull which served no purpose other than to fleece the taxpayer. Population numbers are being fudged right now for any number of reasons. Personally, I believe it's to cover some asses over that farce of a cull..

And they didn't event mention the cull in the article.... 

#7 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

Grand Mira Trapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2588 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:46 PM

And they didn't event mention the cull in the article....

Wonder if she has "NATIVE TIES" Seen this article already , absolute joke is what it is , what's needed to be said has been stated already by other members .

Could bee parents putting her name on the story for support and attention to try gather support and their point across .
Take a kid Hunting or Fishing and keep the Tradition and Passion Alive!

The Redneck is Back !

#8 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8732 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

wink.png wink.png 

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, moose, hunt, Zadie Targett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users