Hope Swinimer Wants Nova Scotians To Help Save The Animals - Other - Nova Scotia Hunting

Photo

Hope Swinimer Wants Nova Scotians To Help Save The Animals

Hope Swinimer Hope For Wildlife Nova Scotia black bear moose coyote adult deer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wendell

Wendell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Due to a provincial policy the staff and volunteers at Hope For Wildlife are not allowed to rehabilitate black bears, and rescue centres are required to alert the Department of Lands and Forestry if they receive one. The organization already has an enclosure that could accommodate a bear up to six months old, and they are willing to build a larger one if they get permission to take care of the animals. Meanwhile the policy doesn’t just limit the rescue centre for caring for bears. There are a number of animals that they require special permission to care for and then there are a handful that are not allowed at all, including black bears, moose, coyotes and adult deer. Hope Swinimer, founder of the rescue organization, says she’s been putting pressure on politicians to change the policy and encourages Nova Scotians to do something similar by writing letters to the premier and the Minister of Lands and Forestry.

https://globalnews.c...-policy-change/

#2 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2746 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:51 AM

Yeah I'll get right on that to help her put pressure on politicians for her cause , meanwhile she would NEVER help out Anglers or Hunters or outdoorsman of any scale .

I'll put that in my to do list along with a colonoscopy !
I'm just a Lone Wolf Red Neck !

#3 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

How about some pressure for a Spring Bear Hunt.

I remember watching bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part
was when they killed bambi's mother because I knew somwhere the hunters
family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the
bad guy.

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

Gotta Love The Nova Scotia Federation of Anti Hunters

#4 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2746 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

How about some pressure for a Spring Bear Hunt.

I second that motion !

#5 superslickie

superslickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1793 posts
  • Locationmt uniacke

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

I second that motion !

All in favor.... every hunter
Opposed.....everyone else

Motion defeated
can i go hunting yet??

#6 Tyson10gauge

Tyson10gauge

GMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2746 posts
  • LocationGrand Mira

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

All in favor.... every hunter
Opposed.....everyone else
Motion defeated

Sounds like Nova Scotia for ya !

Same as the Turkey , motion defeated

#7 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10812 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:52 AM

Yeah I'll get right on that to help her put pressure on politicians for her cause , meanwhile she would NEVER help out Anglers or Hunters or outdoorsman of any scale .

I'll put that in my to do list along with a colonoscopy !

At our age that is a good thing as my brother found out last December with zero issues but they found the start of cancer unknown to him

Cheers

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:07 AM

I agree Joe. My first one was at 45, then 50, and I’ll have another next year. My father died of colon cancer, and I’m not taking any chances. Too much cancer in my family to ignore  it.

#9 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10812 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

I agree Joe. My first one was at 45, then 50, and I’ll have another next year. My father died of colon cancer, and I’m not taking any chances. Too much cancer in my family to ignore  it.

Same here buddy. My first was at 46 and with the type of cancer I have I get one every three years now.

So far yes they have removed polyps from time to time but all came back negative thank god

Cheers 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hope Swinimer, Hope For Wildlife, Nova Scotia, black bear, moose, coyote, adult deer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users