79 replies to this topic

#21 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:13 AM

It is a shame IMO all of the new people putting in gardens this year which is great only to be faced with very dry weather and everything dying on them

The mrs and daughter are heading to halifax next week and filling the suv with veggie transplants since my sister lost everything and cannot find any replacements up there to buy this year

First time ever for that

Cheers

I planted stuff twice. Just can't grow, way to hot, no rain. I would run out of water trying to make a plant grow.

#22 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:41 AM

I planted stuff twice. Just can't grow, way to hot, no rain. I would run out of water trying to make a plant grow.

I hear you

Cheers

#23 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

Christ I could not even buy a new lazy boy chair today

Might have one for me next thursday :(. Forget picking a color it seems

#24 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

Christ I could not even buy a new lazy boy chair today

Might have one for me next thursday sad.png. Forget picking a color it seems

A girl at CT said the last months have been nuts. Things that were on shelves for three years are sold as people getting government cheque's are in every day buying. Did some more calling on a trailer today. Every dealer on KIJIJI is sold out. I could have one made locally it would take 6-8 weeks assembly time. 

#25 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Man I love Henry :)

Sure has not changed how he does business. Still taking the long summer break. All the power to him

Re: Summer Holiday Closure coming up on July 3
Just to remind everyone that I am closing for the summer holidays from July 3rd till Sept 8th. The last Order will be shipped on July 3rd.

Regards, Henry

BSS-CC-250px.png

#26 nomad

nomad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts
  • LocationLingan

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:59 PM

Lawn tractors have been very hard to find in stock, I put a deposit on the last lawn tractor coming into the local Green Diamond in early July.

Say it ain't so GB! John Deere lawn tractors are garbage now and I am saying this as an owner of one.
They have suffered from peeling and rusting issues since about 2007. They are powdercoated vs painted. 94 hrs and head gasket went as well as tensioner pulleys. The tuff torq rear trans axles are very hard to service and John Deere says they are unserviceable. Not true but it's a chore. They call for 5w50 synthetic oil in the transaxle but John Deere cheaps out and puts straight 30 wt Dino oil in them. If they are not service periodically, they will fail and they are not cheap. I will be doing mine in the fall when I remove the body and floor boards for sand blast and repaint.
Never again will I buy a jd ride on mower.
Research has shown that 1 in 5 Liberal supporters is "just as stupid" as the other 4!

A liberal is a lot like a slinkey........They both put a smile on your face when you push them down the stairs!

#27 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2642 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:33 AM

My lawn tractor that I am replacing with the JD was 30 years old this June, I have already lowered my expectations and sounds like I have to lower them furthersad.png

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#28 greybeard

greybeard

GREYBEARD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2642 posts
  • LocationPictou County

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Good to know we are not alone, we have planted are garden twice as well, and its still not doing that great but at least we are getting some rain now.

Insanity/Hunting...doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

#29 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:07 AM

Good to know we are not alone, we have planted are garden twice as well, and its still not doing that great but at least we are getting some rain now.

Just going over now to till and plant for the first time other than garlic and onions

Did the same last year started july 1st and had the best garden ever

take care

Mowed and tilled 1/2 

Man it is just dust. Need some water for sure before I plant :(

#30 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

Lawn tractors have been very hard to find in stock, I put a deposit on the last lawn tractor coming into the local Green Diamond in early July.

Well got my new lady boy yesterday

Thought I was dealing with henry ford in the 30's sad.png

I could have any color as long as it was grey or get on a list for October

Mrs just returned from the city from their yearly Halifax summer shopping trip and returned with most of the money she went with which was a first

Said the stores were empty for stock and no deals but people out everywhere, real heavy traffic and logging was about 1/2 the price of normal

Me I will stay home smile.png

Oh well time to mow and till some more. Like to get the last rolls of beans in before july 7th

Cheers

#31 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:53 AM

Mrs just returned from the city from their yearly Halifax summer shopping trip and returned with most of the money she went with which was a first

Said the stores were empty for stock and no deals but people out everywhere, real heavy traffic and logging was about 1/2 the price of normal

Oh well time to mow and till some more. Like to get the last rolls of beans in before july 7th

Cheers

Forget tractors and tillers - I need a log splitter or else my shoulders will be shot before I hit 90 years old.  Swung a 8lb splitting maul yesterday on next years wood and still lots more to do  - my gawd I’m sore!  Two Aleve and second cup of coffee on the deck and still feel like someone’s sitting on my shoulders.  

Anyone selling a second hand wood splitter in decent shape - Joe? smile.png

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#32 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Cheers

Lady boyohmy.png

#33 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Yes ... lady boy ???? You have a lot of ‘splaining to do !!! tongue.png

#34 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 July 2020 - 02:48 PM

Lady boyohmy.png

Dam spell check LOL

#35 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 05 July 2020 - 04:38 PM

Forget tractors and tillers - I need a log splitter or else my shoulders will be shot before I hit 90 years old.  Swung a 8lb splitting maul yesterday on next years wood and still lots more to do  - my gawd I’m sore!  Two Aleve and second cup of coffee on the deck and still feel like someone’s sitting on my shoulders.  

Anyone selling a second hand wood splitter in decent shape - Joe? smile.png

Honestly not something I watch for but I know some around for sale since the heat pump craze is going on big time here

Don't talk about aleve doc says I cannot take them with my high blood pressure but I have been living on them for about 10 days now since my back started to pain. I can get about 2 weeks then the old stomach makes me stop I find they don't help that much any more either

Man we are all falling apart :(

Take care

#36 682bubba

682bubba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationCape Breton Island NS Canada

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:37 PM

One buisness gone under is Bay by sports in Glace Bay cause of covid its to bad he did alot for kids in ball and hockey and was a great place to stop by and talk sports.Kids probally wont have hockey if the 2nd wave comes and now that Mcneil is gonna to allow the americans in the worst might be yet too come.

#37 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:17 AM

One buisness gone under is Bay by sports in Glace Bay cause of covid its to bad he did alot for kids in ball and hockey and was a great place to stop by and talk sports.Kids probally wont have hockey if the 2nd wave comes and now that Mcneil is gonna to allow the americans in the worst might be yet too come.

Hate to see any business close here and agree they did a lot for the kids. He was on life support as it was however after the moves from the 2 plus year closing of the bay plex for the rebuilding and just could not handle anything else. Dominion and then mckeen st was just not the same .The virus with no sports being played sealed the deal sadly

Yes my fellow yanks should be forced to stay the F'k home

The pressure is huge from some NS communities however to let them in . They need the business they say and many have been coming regardless

Seen two US plates in Dominion this week one I knew. They have a house here and just came like they do every year for their 8 weeks. I don't agree with it this year nor does my bud even if it is his sister sad.png

I agree 100% the worst is yet to come if we keep this up. Watched a doctor in flordia last night . So much for those thinking it is an old people problem. She stated even the youth with the mildest cases they have now determined about 67 % when tested are coming out of it with permanent lung damage and a non reversible immunity issue which will effect them for their entire lives

We have no clue really what it is doing long term right now

Cheers

#38 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:26 AM

A girl at CT said the last months have been nuts. Things that were on shelves for three years are sold as people getting government cheque's are in every day buying. Did some more calling on a trailer today. Every dealer on KIJIJI is sold out. I could have one made locally it would take 6-8 weeks assembly time. 

Man it is bad out there for stock of anything it seems and going to get worse

Ordered three different items from tires to tiller attachments last week . All took my order and then came back a few days later with something like this

Guys saying best get what ammo also you need for the fall since the suppliers state side are not filling any orders to canada so if you see it now best grab it

Cheers

I apologize but we are sold out of the attachment you ordered, and are unable to acquire stock from the supplier as they are sold out with no firm ETA on availability. I will refund you for the attachment and ship out the oil today.

#39 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

Man it is bad out there for stock of anything it seems and going to get worse

Ordered three different items from tires to tiller attachments last week . All took my order and then came back a few days later with something like this

Guys saying best get what ammo also you need for the fall since the suppliers state side are not filling any orders to canada so if you see it now best grab it

Cheers

I apologize but we are sold out of the attachment you ordered, and are unable to acquire stock from the supplier as they are sold out with no firm ETA on availability. I will refund you for the attachment and ship out the oil today.

I am doing renovations. Lumber is now becoming short supply, windows, doors etc. I think there some real dark days ahead. The liberals fiscal snapshot is really ugly. They are talking not changing any thing until the end of 2021. That should completely destroy what's left of the country. We already have the highest unemployment of all the G7 countries right now. If you need a lever and ammo for the fall I could rent you onebiggrin.png

#40 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10447 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

I am doing renovations. Lumber is now becoming short supply, windows, doors etc. I think there some real dark days ahead. The liberals fiscal snapshot is really ugly. They are talking not changing any thing until the end of 2021. That should completely destroy what's left of the country. We already have the highest unemployment of all the G7 countries right now. If you need a lever and ammo for the fall I could rent you onebiggrin.png

Low stock for sure and yes some dark days

It is way bigger than the liberals

One example is the US production is down at most plants big time and they are TRYING to take care of home first and exporting nothing

Both brothers state side are Sr production mangers in different states at different companies one normally making mining equipment and the other plastic polymers 

They are having issues with no staffing, getting raw materials and both places have changed their production lines to help making medical equipment or pieces of it for others to make it

Both say the virus is TOTALLY out of control state side and both wish they were back in canada right now and would trade Trump for the liberals in a minute right now

They think we are crazy to open the borders for the americans at least for a year

Thanks for the lever offer but  a stick with a nail would work better for me LOL

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users