Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:01 PM

Low stock for sure and yes some dark days

It is way bigger than the liberals

One example is the US production is down at most plants big time and they are TRYING to take care of home first and exporting nothing

Both brothers state side are Sr production mangers in different states at different companies one normally making mining equipment and the other plastic polymers 

They are having issues with no staffing, getting raw materials and both places have changed their production lines to help making medical equipment or pieces of it for others to make it

Both say the virus is TOTALLY out of control state side and both wish they were back in canada right now and would trade Trump for the liberals in a minute right now

They think we are crazy to open the borders for the americans at least for a year

Thanks for the lever offer but  a stick with a nail would work better for me LOL

Cheers

I guess if one just takes pictures of game a nail works just fine when it comes to hanging thembiggrin.png The long line ups of people that absolutely have to go some where's (like the NB-NS border) is just stopping and restricting what few goods are moving. 

#42 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

Word of caution for everyone. Shet is running out. If you plan on doing something make sure you have what you need. Big businesses are now buying up all construction items, just like toilet paper. Went looking for a new door this am, all marked sold to one place. All building suppliers were the same

#43 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

Word of caution for everyone. Shet is running out. If you plan on doing something make sure you have what you need. Big businesses are now buying up all construction items, just like toilet paper. Went looking for a new door this am, all marked sold to one place. All building suppliers were the same

Some good advice for sure

Cheers

#44 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 AM

They were saying on the news the replacement costs will be nuts when the out west lumber hits the shelves here sad.png way worse than now

https://hardlines.ca...-lumber-crunch/

#45 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

I don't get it.  I was in a Kent yesterday.  Lots of wood, doors, etc.  I was interested in 2x4 studs and there were over 70 in stock.  Online same shown for Home Depot.  Is there a Cat 5 hurricane coming?

#46 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 PM

I don't get it.  I was in a Kent yesterday.  Lots of wood, doors, etc.  I was interested in 2x4 studs and there were over 70 in stock.  Online same shown for Home Depot.  Is there a Cat 5 hurricane coming?

Home depot here has 19 studs, 4 sheets of 1/2 and 2 of 3/4 right now

I cannot build a baby barn with that

Here they normally have no less than 6 lifts of studs with 294 per lift so 70 would be almost nothing for sydney

You are one of the lucky ones 

Cheers

#47 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

Interesting. Total opposite of what I would have guessed unless others are low in stock maybe which a lot are

Last May, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau banned a variety of assault-style weapons in the wake of the Nova Scotia shooting spree. One would assume a ban on firearms would hinder business for a gun shop, but that hasn't been the case.

The manager of Del Selin Gun Shop in Vernon says the ban has actually increased business over the past couple months.

"All it did was increase business dramatically," says the manager of the shop, Aaron, who declined to give his last name. "After hearing about the ban, our customers are buying guns while they still can in case another ban comes through."

Even though business has been good, gun shop owners are vocal about their displeasure with the ban. They say the government has not been co-operative in terms of communication, and they are leaving them to find out information on the evolving ban on their own.

"It needs to be understood by the public that this order in council is almost exclusively targeting legally purchased property by law-abiding, non-violent hunters and sports enthusiasts," says Craig Jones, a gun shop owner in Maple Ridge.

"This does nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms into the hands of gangs and criminals which is the primary cause of violence."

The gun shop owners have to find out which guns are banned manually, and the list changes regularly. In terms of the inventory on the now-illegal firearms that shops have, they say there has been no indications yet of a buyback program or any other program that will allow for the disposal of these weapons.

#48 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Home depot here has 19 studs, 4 sheets of 1/2 and 2 of 3/4 right now

I cannot build a baby barn with that

Here they normally have no less than 6 lifts of studs with 294 per lift so 70 would be almost nothing for sydney

You are one of the lucky ones 

Cheers

https://www.homedepo...mber/1000112105

It shows 854 in stock in the New Minas Home Depot.  1642 in stock in Sydney.

https://www.homedepo...oard/1000173236

81 sheets of standard spruce plywood in stock for New Minas.  Out of stock in Sydney.

#49 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Interesting. Total opposite of what I would have guessed unless others are low in stock maybe which a lot are

Last May, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau banned a variety of assault-style weapons in the wake of the Nova Scotia shooting spree. One would assume a ban on firearms would hinder business for a gun shop, but that hasn't been the case.

The manager of Del Selin Gun Shop in Vernon says the ban has actually increased business over the past couple months.

"All it did was increase business dramatically," says the manager of the shop, Aaron, who declined to give his last name. "After hearing about the ban, our customers are buying guns while they still can in case another ban comes through."

Even though business has been good, gun shop owners are vocal about their displeasure with the ban. They say the government has not been co-operative in terms of communication, and they are leaving them to find out information on the evolving ban on their own.

"It needs to be understood by the public that this order in council is almost exclusively targeting legally purchased property by law-abiding, non-violent hunters and sports enthusiasts," says Craig Jones, a gun shop owner in Maple Ridge.

"This does nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms into the hands of gangs and criminals which is the primary cause of violence."

The gun shop owners have to find out which guns are banned manually, and the list changes regularly. In terms of the inventory on the now-illegal firearms that shops have, they say there has been no indications yet of a buyback program or any other program that will allow for the disposal of these weapons.

In the spring, the concern was with the dropping Cdn dollar, the next batch of imports would be higher priced.  The other concern was availability.  Like the 22lr ammo shortage six years ago, people were concerned that hoarding in the US would mean supply would dry up for Canada by or before the Fall.  So sales were brisk this spring.  I'm not aware of any shortage of anything so far.

#50 labradort

labradort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

What would be hurting for gun shop owners would be those who went strongly for the black rifles market.  Their business would be gutted by the OIC changes.  What are you going to do with an inventory of 5.56 ?  Then there's also the down turn in the economy.  Sure we need to keep our houses fixed, but buying another gun might wait.

#51 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

https://www.homedepo...mber/1000112105

It shows 854 in stock in the New Minas Home Depot.  1642 in stock in Sydney.

https://www.homedepo...oard/1000173236

81 sheets of standard spruce plywood in stock for New Minas.  Out of stock in Sydney.

1764 plus would be usual for sydney. Like he said 6 lifts min Must have got more in

It won't be there long

Cheers

#52 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

What would be hurting for gun shop owners would be those who went strongly for the black rifles market.  Their business would be gutted by the OIC changes.  What are you going to do with an inventory of 5.56 ?  Then there's also the down turn in the economy.  Sure we need to keep our houses fixed, but buying another gun might wait.

No idea on that other than that would not be a big number in canada for them to be sole source mainly black guns but if they did for sure

I seem to recall Epps saying about 20% of their business will be impacted and they would be more of the typical gun shop in canada and do remember reading about this shop 

I hope the clothing etc will keep him going

https://www.cbc.ca/n...n-ban-1.5553907

You are alone or lucky again in the ammo one. The rest of the country is seeing it. I have not looked since I need nothing

Three Others

Ammunition Shortages this fall

An American friend called me this week. He said the gun stores down there are being cleaned out of ammo and guns.
I looked at some of the big American reloading supply shops on line and noted that a lot of bullets are "OUT OF STOCK"

Not just ammunition...just about anything firearms related. A number of distributors are noting they are being told they are getting a fraction of the amount of items that they wanted. If you need anything for fall...don't wait until fall I think is the message right now.

Stopped in to the local shop to pick up some 300wm this last weekend and got talking to the manager. He said that the distributors have been telling him that there will be no ammunition arround by hunting season due to the amount of hoarding going on in the US and at a smaller degree Canada right now.
So, if you are hunting this fall you might want to pick a box of shells up now so you have it when you need it.

#53 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

1764 plus would be usual for sydney. Like he said 6 lifts min Must have got more in

It won't be there long

Cheers

The one thing I have noticed is that none of the businesses seem to be updating there web sites these days. So don't think theres stock. I phoned every trailer dealer in Nova Scotia, and NewBrunswick looking for a trailer.  There websites all advertised they had trailers, none. They have had none for months. Change your friggin website stock or take the adds down if you have none. Jesus.

#54 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5346 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 PM

A friend is building a new deck here in Hfx. Zero 2X8 anywhere,had to go with 2X10.
My son is doing a huge Reno. Flooring for the basement - he got 12 boxes for the rec room and they said they had lots, computer showed 122 boxes. He decided to use the same flooring for the rest of the basement went to get it but none in stock and the computer still showing the same 122 boxes. I guess those boxes found a good hiding place!
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#55 ACCOUNT DELETED !

ACCOUNT DELETED !

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2648 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 PM

I'm only going say this , I've got some good friends who work at Kent in Sydney , worked with them for a decade plus , still do business with them , Siding is at all time high in sales , can't keep in stock , full 53 ft trailer today , was sold b4 it hit the store , plus 6 more on the way ALL SOLD ! WE ARE DOiNG OUR OWN SIDING WAITED 2 WEEKS , for it to arrive, was told today 3 more weeks for my special order so , company is just coming back to production as cannot get workers back to work due to Trudeau money . By time I finish my siding job I'll be 7-8 weeks from time I ordered and paid in full till time I receive it , OH ! and yes it's actually made in Canada this company is.

Steel doors at Kent ALL SOLD , windows almost sold out ! , Lumber is at all time low on stock as Contactors are buying in bulk and hoarding it for their own projects . Customers complaining can't get their projects finished , I'm one of them $4500 in siding job and held up and no , I'm not collecting Turdos money , how it's paid is my business , stock is at all time low despite web site stating other wise .

Sales guys at Kent here in Sydney , say windows , doors , lumber , siding , railings, floorings and decking material can't get in quick enough and sold as quick as it shows up .

3 lbs of 1 1/4 roofing nails cost me $13 taxes in , just to have in the tool pouch for tight spots , everything is at all time premium in price , my Special order siding for 200 sq ft cost over $900 and company that sells it cannot make it fast enough in my color cause it's sold b4 production can start up .

Alot of companies cannot get people to work yet get caught up in orders cause the government wants to give out free paychecks due to Covid 19 , why should they work , ffs why should anyone work free checks till Oct. But wait till tax season , damn I cannot wait till the taxes are collected back on this so called free money .

It's only going get worse !
Better places to be than here !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users