18 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:35 PM

Well about two years ago now a known gun flipper posted on here that he was pissed off and tired of people saying they want buy the firearm that he had listed but fail to show up. Twice now this same poster has called me on a couple firearms I had for sale saying be out the next day with the cash, hold them for him but then he is the one that fails to show up. Some peoples children.

#2 ACCOUNT DELETED !

ACCOUNT DELETED !

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2648 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

TS I don't hold on to ANYTHING. To many no shows , time wasters , flippers , low ballers , oh forgot crybabies trying compare SALE prices vs USED prices .

That same well know flipper you speak so kindly about , lmao has wasted my time as well over the yrs , only in the end to hear , too far for me to buy it from you , I buy and sell so if coming my way I'll take it off your hands , YEAHHHHHH ! IM GOING DRIVE 5-6 HOURS on my dime only for them to be not interested or try low ball it to death only be listed mins after they receive it . Just not going happen .

The world is filled with those types !
Better places to be than here !

#3 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

Sadly it is the way today. A man's word is not worth anything anymore with many

It is everything not just guns. Today I filled my tables with peoples flower orders I put away for them and they never returned to pick up even after three calls to each and every time yes they were coming the next day

On my third call they are told you have one more day or it is gone and today was that day and all are now indeed gone to new buyers

Take care

#4 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8778 posts
  • LocationTERENCE BAY, NOVA SCOTIA.

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

Yup...he's a dandy all right..rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif ...Pretty sure I had the exact same convo with him on more than one occasion ...can't figure out how his stuff was all gold and mine was pewter and lead   happy.png happy.png

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#5 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5346 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

I sold a few firearms the last couple of months but they all went to other countries! No dickering no bs seemed so easy. Got more then I expected too for some. Not worth the hassle trying to sell anything here in NS.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#6 Tripple D

Tripple D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5346 posts
  • LocationHfx

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Sadly it is the way today. A man's word is not worth anything anymore with many
 It is everything not just guns. Today I filled my tables with peoples flower orders I put away for them and they never returned to pick up even after three calls to each and every time yes they were coming the next day
On my third call they are told you have one more day or it is gone and today was that day and all are now indeed gone to new buyers
Take care

If I give you my word you can take it to the bank. If you give me yours I expect the same. If you give me yours and then don’t do as supposed to you become dead to me. From that point on its GFY.
Of course if you have a good excuse, ie- were rushed to the hospital or DIF you get a second chance.
Everyone out there in NSH land have a super duper day and please store your guns in a safe manner 🇨🇦🏌️‍♀️🎱🦌🤠

#7 Moose Magoo

Moose Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts
  • LocationFall River

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:42 PM

I sold a few firearms the last couple of months but they all went to other countries! No dickering no bs seemed so easy. Got more then I expected too for some. Not worth the hassle trying to sell anything here in NS.

Was obtaining an “Export Permit” very difficult? 

......... and Trudeau says "the budget will balance itself" 

#8 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:15 AM

A bit off topic ... has anyone sold any firearms recently and had to ship across Canada ??? I haven’t shipped any since this new thing with Canada Post came into affect. I have some that I would advertise on GunPost, but don’t want to be told that I can’t ship them across the country. I could post them for NS only, and only face to face deals ... but sales leads are very minimal when you do it that way. 

#9 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8778 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:41 AM

bm...do you have the small business solutions card ?? you'll need it

If you take your kids hunting,.....You won't have to go hunting for your kids.....KS/85

#10 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:46 AM

No I don’t have that card. I am seeing a lot of ads on Gunpost and everyone seems to be able to ship without it. Just wondering if anyone on this site that didn’t have the  card, was still sending across the country.

#11 KEVIN

KEVIN

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8778 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

I'm hearing the opposite !...there's an ad on there concerning the new regs. I just read that a guy took 4 rifles to ship and they refused him...said he needed hard cases and locks for each one as well.

#12 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:58 AM

I'm hearing the opposite !...there's an ad on there concerning the new regs. I just read that a guy took 4 rifles to ship and they refused him...said he needed hard cases and locks for each one as well.

Business account and trigger lock here but no case so far as of 2 weeks ago but they added a proof of age requirement

Cheers

Due to changes to our delivery processes for COVID-19, all firearms must be shipped by Regular or Expedited Parcel and include the Proof of Age option. Consumers have to open a Solutions for Small Business account and create labels for shipping firearms using the online shipping tool, Snap Ship.

#13 ACCOUNT DELETED !

ACCOUNT DELETED !

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2648 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:32 AM

Just shipped one to Alberta yesterday !

TRIGGER LOCK , KEY MUST BE MAILED IN SEPPERATE ENVELOPE ! BOXED AND WRAPPED IN PLAIN BROWN PAPER , DECLARED ITS FIREARM , SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED ON THE INVOICE ! NO CASE REQUIRED ! NO HOME MADE BOXES !

AS WELL SMALL SOLUTIONS BUSINESS ACCOUNT REQUIRED AS PER NEW REGS OH AND ONE LAST THING NO EXCEPTIONS !

STRAIGHT FROM CANADA POST OUTLET HERE IN SYDNEY , IF ALL THE ABOVE NOT MET IMMEDIATE REFUSAL OF SERVICE
Better places to be than here !

#14 Buckmark

Buckmark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationBridgewater

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:59 AM

I got a Shotgun delivered to my door, recently. It was in a browning shotgun case ... wrapped in heavy Christmas wrapping with the design on the inside. Case was not locked, there was no trigger lock, and no signature required. It came from Ontario. I have never been asked if I was mailing a firearm ... ever. Always in plain brown paper, fragile stickers on it, and a signature is required. My guess is that most people are not declaring it as a firearm when sending. It’s “just a parcel”.

#15 Thunderstick

Thunderstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3006 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

It makes stuff though to sell. I have the two unused 35 Marlins in the classifieds. They sell for $899 plus tax. Both have $200 new scopes on them and new $45.00 mounts. Everyone wants free shipping, reduced price plus and now there is additional expenses to ship. Hardly worth listing stuff anymore. Everyone wants stuff given to them so they can make money. Fek I am tired of that.

#16 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

It makes stuff though to sell. I have the two unused 35 Marlins in the classifieds. They sell for $899 plus tax. Both have $200 new scopes on them and new $45.00 mounts. Everyone wants free shipping, reduced price plus and now there is additional expenses to ship. Hardly worth listing stuff anymore. Everyone wants stuff given to them so they can make money. Fek I am tired of that.

?? Not sure how

Shipping has always been expensive with canada post and if you sell on nutz paying for shipping is expected by the buyer

The one I just sold by the time I put insurance on it to alberta was 96 bucks and buddy was fine with that

Been a lot of years since I sent one for less than 55 even to NB

Maybe lever guy buyers are cheap smile.png LOL

Honestly 99 % of what I sell is vintage and most times cannot be bought new so guys have no issue paying shipping when they find one

Be like me finally finding a factory 16ga wingmaster in skeet to complete a collection. Been over 30 years trying to find that puppy

Cheers

#17 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

I don't  do the key or combination lock thing for about 4 years now

Bought a bag of these for like 3 bucks each and they do the job quite well

New owner just uses a nail to open them or needle nose plyers and canada post is cool with them

heG8fx1.jpg

#18 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

I got a Shotgun delivered to my door, recently. It was in a browning shotgun case ... wrapped in heavy Christmas wrapping with the design on the inside. Case was not locked, there was no trigger lock, and no signature required. It came from Ontario. I have never been asked if I was mailing a firearm ... ever. Always in plain brown paper, fragile stickers on it, and a signature is required. My guess is that most people are not declaring it as a firearm when sending. It’s “just a parcel”.

The no signature required was implemented just for the virus. It will return. Started march 14th

https://imgur.com/a/uPctxGA

Take it for what it is worth but from canada post employees fragile stickers are the worst thing to put on a firearm and they say not to do it

If there is a bad apple gun hater  in the group they target and damage them

Been there four times over the years sad.png

Cheers

MtuDaXN.jpg

#19 3macs1

3macs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10251 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:02 PM